• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've Come to Far to Back Down Now[Nayl, Any]
    DESPAYR
    Look What You Made Me Do
    To those you cared she had all but fell off the face of this world.  That day on the beach of Nerine she had left her daughter on it's shores.  With not so much as a good bye.  She had escaped into the waves to never return.  But time changes everything and she was running away no more.  Her equine form morphs from the waters as her hooves sink in the grey sands of Nerine.  Coincidentally right where she had vanished a few years ago...

Her sea foam splashed frame stands solid on land once again.  Her partial eyes looking into the land that had been ruled by the iron queen.  In no rush, she waited for someone to come across her.  With new found purpose her gaze narrowed.  A stubborn smirk curled the one corner of her lips.  This is where she belonged.  This was home...
    artsfon stock photos

So I am going a new direction with her.  No more a submissive but a dominant as she should have always been.  Plus she wants some drama with her kids so I figured it may be a good time to bring her back.

STARLIN
    grit and grace.

She stands atop a granite boulder, her blue-grey eyes focused on the distant horizon. A crisp autumn wind whips at the dark strands of her mane, which is still damp from a recent swim. Her gaze is caught by a motion in the water that does not meld with the flow of the sea, and Starlin stares curiously at the mare that climbs out of the sea. It takes a while – this particular beach of Nerine is gloriously shallow with a long slope out to deeper water – and the grullo tobiano has time to descend from her rocky perch to meet the stranger on equal ground.

Starlin has reached her full adult height this past summer, an even sixteen hands. Her slender figure and unscarred physique suggest that she is untried as a warrior, but there is no hesitation in the firmness of her gaze as she positions herself between this newcomer and the rest of Nerine.

“Hello,” says the filly, her tone polite and smile friendly despite her physical stance. “Welcome to Nerine. Can I help you”

DESPAYR
    Look What You Made Me Do
    Cresent prints are left behind as she exits the waters.  Bringing her entire figure to sink into the grey sands as she waits.  A gentle flick to her dark tassels.  It hadn't taken Nayl long to find her the first time she arrives on Nerine shores so she doesn't expect it to take long the second... If she still ruled.

Against the granite backdrop she sees a young mare making her way towards the shores she stood upon.  The coloring of her coat matching the stones behind her.  A smile is offered and she accepts it with one of her own.  The mare speaks kindly, welcoming even.  Clearly this was not Nayl as she was not as welcoming.  She replies, "Hello.  I am actually looking for someone.  Someone I left with Nayl... Does she still rule here?" Her question lingers for a moment hoping Nayl will show and she will find her daughter in the Queen's company...
    artsfon stock photos

Sorry.  Idk why the font size changes like that

STARLIN
    grit and grace.

The newcomer stops, as Starlin had expected her to, and some of the tension eases out of the young grullo. The roan mare explains her purpose, that she has left someone in Nayl’s care. Starlin wonders who it might have been. A child, probably, but she does not recall seeing any children without their mothers or caretakers. Perhaps it has been a while since said leaving.

“Yes,” Starlin answers firmly, “Nayl is still queen here.”

The tobiano turns her head, looking down the long beach. It is empty, but then – this stretch often is. There is minimal grazing on this bit of shoreline, and most of Nerine’s residents stick to the more northern beaches.

“I could take you to her, if you’d like?” She realizes her mistake as soon as she’s said it, and adds: “To Nayl, I mean. I’m not sure who you left so I can’t help with that.”

I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Funny how the women are rising again from the ashes, but Nayl takes no surprise in the vision of it all. That’s what they are. They are fierce women and though they may fall quiet, no one ever truly leaves. They are a tribe. This lifestyle isn’t so easily abandoned as it’s in their mind and in their blood.

But of all women, Nayl least expected to see Despayr return to their shores after having so abruptly abandoned them with her child. From the mouth of a cave, Nayl observes in silence as the mare clambers back onto their sandy shores. She is first met by a child and a conversation softens the tension between them for the first few minutes. Nayl has seen the girl from afar, her scent reminiscent of Djinni and so she has since concluded that the filly is another product of whatever has manifested between her friend and former consort – interest? Nothing had been established. The idea churns the slightest bout of jealousy in her core, but she turns her face away and lets her thoughts wander to Castile, Isobell, and Lior. It distracts her, albeit brief, and enough so to conceal any disdain on her face.

When she arrives to them, it is shortly after they’ve spoken her name. A lopsided, smug grin lifts the corner of her mouth. ”Yes, I’m still Queen,” she admits, not entirely certain whether that is a good or bad thing. ”Did you get bored of being a dolphin, Despayr?” With footsteps crunching the sand beneath, Nayl takes Starlin’s side, their skin just barely out of reach from each other.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina