• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY]
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    More and more follow. A flame like bay mare is first, and although she radiates love and care, her presence almost oppressive. She’s accompanied by another winged male, this time golden. They both obviously know the navy and green mare that had arrived at her home first. A buckskin overo stallion follows. Kylin isn’t given any time to study him, as the golden winged one addresses her.

He isn’t the only one to look at her in that way. Like they know something she doesn’t know. And they feel sorry for her for her because of that. It only makes the white and lavender girl more nervous. ”She should be around.” Her voice is soft and Kylin is barely able to hide the tremble. She didn’t know where Ea was, nor why it was taking so long for her queen to come here. After all, she had promised Father to look after both the island and Kylin herself in his absence.

More words follow, but in the end it doesn’t change anything. Even if Ea had been there, would they have acted different? A claim was put on her home, and just like that, the forest green mare crowns herself Queen. No, not a queen, but the Keeper.

What follows next is soon turned out by Kylin. There is simply too much chaos in her head and it has her backing away. Her ears turn backwards, then flop, and her head rises as tension starts to grow. This wasn’t how things were supposed to go. And Ischia was definitely getting too busy for her liking. It had always just been her family.

Being addressed by the forest green mare snaps her out of the train of thoughts that kept her busy. Her hazel eyes are full of hesitance, some fear too, but she doesn’t look away. The request surprises her. Circinae, as she had introduced herself, wanted her help, her knowledge, and for what in return? Kylin’s peaceful home just got stripped away from her.

Lavender lips part and then close again, a couple of times to be exact, simply because she doesn’t know what to say. So instead Kylin backs away further and snorts a couple of times nervously. ”W-why?” is all she can say, first having to swallow the dry lump in her throat.

Just as quick, Circinae’s attention is on all the other strangers again. And it gives Kylin the perfect opportunity to flee. She crosses the beach back to the jungle she came from without muttering another word, and it’s not until she reached the safety of the jungle that she speeds up, trotting the familiar paths and leaving them all behind her.

She needed space, and time alone. What would this mean for Ischia, and for her? In her heart Kylin knows she can’t and won’t leave. Ischia was the only thing she had left and her connection to the sea too strong.

hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    After Brennen speaks, the purple-and-white mare is the next to approach and she mentions a name the bay vaguely remembers, but the name of a mare he had seen hide nor hair of in his explorations. He pieties her, for she clearly believes her erstwhile Queen is coming, but he doesn't think so. Then there is another mare, close to the first, and two stallions. Brennen finds Canaan sensible and straightfoaward, and returns the nod of greeting in a pleased manner before finally listening to their new leader speak again. He offers a half-smile at her words as well, a nod, but he doesn't speak again at this point, letting Circinae turn to soothe the purple girl.

When his turn comes around again, a quiet falling momentarily over the group into which he can speak, Brennen looks again at Circinae and the mare and stallion who stand the closest to her - Canaan and the red mare who has not been introduced. He is curious about them, though by no means judgmental or disapproving - he supposes all must love as they will. "I will stay," he says, his slow drawl allowing him time to look around the group again, assessing, classifying, sorting. "I will follow you as Keeper of Ischia, and we shall see how the Kingdom shapes up." A half-smile there, a laugh in his eyes, but it's all a grand adventure. He's invested but not yet fully committed. That will come, in time, or it won't - it isn't a thing to be forced. "My main area of expertise is in the fighting arts, though I assume everyone will also have to pitch in diplomatically until we can build our numbers."

hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Ooc; just to make it clear, Bren's staying and he'd rather be in the army. <3