• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY]
    Canaan
    And maybe, I'll find out a way to make it back someday.
    To watch you, to guide you through the darkest of your days.
      He does not fly.

He moves seamlessly beside her, while the electrical current of Jah-Lilah courses through his veins with a soothing hum, while the darkness of his feathers brush along her barrel with each forward stride. So often did he yearn for the wide, open sky – with the gleaming sunlight warm against the broad expanse of each wing, with the heavy and dense cloud coverage, enveloping him, pushing him closer to the celestial sky hanging precariously above him. The insatiable desire to be among the stars is sated by the warmth of her gentle kiss, by the reassurance of her rhythmic, beating heart thrumming in time with his own. The wanderlust is quieted by the fierce affection roiling inside of his chest, stirring his blood, pounding his wayward heart against the confinement of his chest.

There was no place he would rather be, than by the side of those he had given his heart so freely to.

When the thicket and grassland are left behind, with little else but a tangle of dandelion and pine needle within his dark, two-toned tresses to tell of where they have been, he quietly wades through the warm, calming water, as its salty brine washes away the sweat and dust of a day’s travel. His gilded flesh is darkened with the dampness of it, stained by the seawater that weaves its way through his feathers, lingering along the surface with shining pebbles of water clutching to the barbs. His weight begins to sift through the supple but compounded sand, while his gaze roves over the dense, but tropical foliage, the roaming hilltops clustered with fern and eucalyptus, the low-lying clouds dusting the island with a gentle mist –

He cannot suppress the glee within the amber gleam of his eye, nor the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth – Jah-Lilah’s enthrallment is contagious (though he does not know that a life created from their union stirs within her belly; he only knows that she is his light and Circinae, his air). He does not pay much mind to the rest, for diplomacy had always escaped him – too wild and restless to be as his mother and father were to so many.

A faint nod is given to Brennen, war-torn but carrying a warmth in his mischievous eye, as his teeth gently rake along the emerald tinted spine of his Circinae, rousing her attention to his arrival. He had seen Krone before, and he is wary – the faint memory of bacchanalia and her presence there surfacing, stirring a tension that is not often felt within his usually lax muscles. Kylin, soft and quiet, speaks of a name he had not heard before, but he is not privy to government, preferring freedom to structure.  

Kelsie, he does little else but stare at – he does not seem to realize that his disdain and disapproval are clearly written into the hardened lines of his masculine features; particularly when lingering on the wildness that was his heart, Jah-Lilah. Hyperactive is not a word he would use describe her, were he given the knowledge that Kelsie thought it about her - she is lively, upbeat, energetic, one with the Earth. Happy. Soulful.

Perfect.

Does that make you Queen? Brennen asks of Circinae, and the question rouses a chuckle from the hearth of his chest as he places a gently nudge along the navy painted column of her neck, glancing to their lover, Jah-Lilah, fire-hot and sparkling with energy.

”Queen is suiting to you, my love.” He muses softly, a light of mischief in his eye, though his gaze soon turns to Kylin with a softness - there is no scent but her own on the wind; and the wind is all he has ever known. "Hello, there. My name is Canaan - Is there no one else here? Where is your Queen?"
    If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all,
    then I hope there's someone out there who can bring me back to you.

Messages In This Thread
    Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Circinae - 10-28-2017, 10:27 AM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Krone - 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Kylin - 10-28-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Canaan - 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Circinae - 11-01-2017, 02:30 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Krone - 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Claim [OPEN/ANY] - by Kylin - 11-04-2017, 01:01 PM