• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; venge pony
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He's not really a swimmer.

Overly large, feathered wings can discourage swimming. They get so heavy. So he's done it, of course, at his age how can he have not, but it's certainly not Brennen's favorite.

Still, he'd heard there was a river now that was common land much like the Meadow, Forest, and Field, and he'd thought it deserved at least once visit, so here he was, banking shiny black wings to begin a descent to an open, grassy area bordering the river. His first thought, irrevently of any individual benefits the land might have, is that it's freakin' loud. Not as loud as standing near the now-gone Dazzling Waterfall and trying to have a conversation, But still loud enough right? It would be, he supposes, a good place to go if you wanted to have a very private conversation, but it certainly wasn't a great place for social gatherings...or swimming, for that matter, since his second observation is that the water is moving too rapidly for most to attempt to swim for pleasure, though it would certainly be fordable in the right places.

Since he has no particular need or wish to ford a rapid river or have a private conversation, he spends only a minute longer peering into the frothy water before turning and walking away, gazing at the rest of the land's offerings and settling and walking towards the huge tree in the distance, enjoying the crunch of autumn leaves underfoot as he travels underneath its wide-flown branches. This is pleasant enough, good for a rest or a social gathering. A redeemable quality for the new place, after all, and Brennen decides a great place for a rest.

The bay settles quite near the trunk, facing outward, because it's an easily defensible position and old habits die hard. No one can sneak up on him from above, because the tree is too dense, and not from directly behind either. They will have to approach through the loudly crunching leaves, and he will hear them. Content in this assessment of his situation, he lets his body relax and his eyes slide shut, contemplating a nap.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Venge]-pony <3