• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Scintilla || Any
    Home. A four letter word that meant almost nothing to the monochrome stag. He had felt nothing that ignited that word within his chest in a long time. Not since he was a boy existing in the orbit of his long passed mother. But the mare before him spoke the term with such an ease of familiarity that he couldn't help but be intrigued.

"Well I suppose I am,"

Tenebris replies with a rolling tongue. He relaxes once more into the earth, his posture falling though his height is still imploring. He finds no threat int he mare but remains with a close watch on her ebony eyes. 

"Im going to assume you know where I could find one of those?"

He asks pale orbs finding the field and its inhabitants once more. She had chosen to speak with him despite the sheer number of those before him. He sucks in a gentle breath as the sky begins to bleed the soft orange and pink of the rising sun. The moon kisses the sky briefly again before slipping beyond the pale horizon.  The others awake to the brisk chill of the winter morning, their coats fluffed with the rising winds. 

He observes with quiet fascination. Families who needed nothing more than the breath in their lungs and the heart in their chest to function drifted so carelessly about. He supposed that once upon a time he had looked as dreamy-eyed as the foals that meandered about them, he had supposed he knew a home once.

"I'd be willing to find one again,"

If she was listening maybe she would catch him say this, but he whispers it faintly to the four winds that pick it up and scatter it like stardust. He would be willing to try again.
    [Image: 13.gif]
    T E N E B R I S 

Messages In This Thread
    Scintilla || Any - by Tenebris - 10-28-2017, 11:26 PM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by keeper - 10-29-2017, 11:06 AM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by Tenebris - 10-29-2017, 11:23 AM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by keeper - 10-29-2017, 11:46 AM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by Tenebris - 11-01-2017, 06:41 PM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by keeper - 11-02-2017, 08:58 AM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by Tenebris - 11-02-2017, 06:26 PM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by keeper - 11-02-2017, 08:58 PM
    RE: Scintilla || Any - by Tenebris - 11-08-2017, 07:29 PM