• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Circinae had mentioned Heda’s father and sister, their disappearance and a link to the past. She had wanted to mend something, and now that Heda is no longer a ruler that interest is gone. She is from Hyaline – does she mean the alliance between the mountain kingdom and Loess? Surely she does not – the Dragon King he knows would not willingly take the title of Oath-Breaker.

“That depends,” he answers, “on if you came here to mend things with Heda or with Loess.”

Most rulers enjoy their position. They have gained it through hard work or excessive cruelty, sometimes even by luck. They tend to want to hold on to the power they have, and so they must deliberate before acting. They must be prepared, must have foresight. Ivar, who lives in the moment, does not give a damn for what the future might hold. The stallion lives in the here and now, and for that very reason he is less inclined to hesitate when faced with a new adventure.

This meeting has probably been a diplomatic disaster, but Ivar is full and bored. He is always searching for the next best thing.

She asks if he wants to come in, and he has never declined an invitation into the water. The odd vortex is something novel, but he has no fear.

“Where to?” He asks. He meets her gaze squarely, but there is no challenge in his brown eyes; there is very little of anything at all. The hunt is what invigorates him; without lust or rage to drive him he is free to drift from one curiosity to another. When the hunger returns (as it always does) he will hunt wherever he finds himself.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

Messages In This Thread
    Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 12:45 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 04:14 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Ivar - 11-04-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 04:54 PM