• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

garden of eden; any

And it hurt sometimes just to breath.

And sometimes it was effortless to make her lips curl into a small, sheepish smirk like she holds a secret. The memories of a past life are gone when they had once surfaced in the face of a stranger or the scent of a long passed silent summer. The lands seemed to have changed, Beqanna had stretched her arms far and dug her nails into the ground and hearts of the residents. She was not immune to the somber ache of a home that was long but not forgotten.

The pale woman drifts in like one of the snowflakes that settles against her skin. Her only contrast is the brown mask that spills like vibrant cherrywood stain over her eyes and ears. There were so many types of beings here now. Some bright green, others are an oily black sheen. There are wings and fire and glowing eyes. Elk remains quiet and drifts along between them. Their bodies humming with life and streaming small little frosted clouds from their nostrils. She does not catch their eyes nor attempts to. The river called to her with a promise to ease the burn in her throat if she dared to near it's edge and break through the thin veil of ice that coyly sat upon the surface.

With the slow press of a porcelain hoof, the flood of cold, cold water surrounds her nail and awakens her dulled senses. The woman drops her head with eager lips parting to ingest the liquid. She can see them all, smell their skin with renewed preception as she lifts her head and ignored the small droplets of water that clung to her chin. Winter suddenly rushed into her lungs, cold and clean, clearing away the fog that had settled around her hazel eyes.

((no html, meh.))
    He's new to this world - so unlike most the buckskin and white painted male knew not of what the old Beqanna once was. Though what he does know is that in comparison to the majority he would be considered boring or plain. He has nothing considerable to offer other than a long lasting lifespan to whatever future lovers and offspring he may have. 

Though now certainly wasn't the best time to even be thinking that way. For in all honesty, comparing himself to the majority would get him nowhere fast. With heavy falling steps, the tall stallion makes his way alongside the river, the slight chill in the air causing soft visible puffs to escape his nostrils with each exhale.

For a time he enjoys the silence that the winter weather brings over the common lands, that is until he sees her. In the distance shes standing at the rivers edge, painted similarly to himself but with a brilliant red colored hue mixed alongside white splashes. But instead of coming to a stop and studying her, he continues to walk with confident steps until he is finally close enough to announce himself.

"Hello," his voice slips through the silence. "Are you enjoying this weather? His drawl of a voice slowly slips into the silence and now he waits.

KELSIE
    georgian grande buckskin overo stallion; immortal

She turns her head to face the painted stallion like she has been woken from a trance. The winter has chilled her bones skin with unbiased molestation. Elk stands like a ruddy smudge against a bleak palette of grey and white winter frosting.

Small plumes curl like a dragon's steam from her nostrils as she studies the stallion with moving hazel eyes. The gold-green pools want to decipher the words just beyond the tip of his tongue as she finds it curious to be found by the handsome creature on such a bleak day.

'It's cold." The words are enclosed by a small frost of frosted air as she looks away, the wind striking up and tossing small snowflakes across her bay hide. She shivers as she stands collecting a small snow drift on her back for only a moment before the ice melts against her hide, dampening and darkening it. "And you?" She asks with an eye turning to look upon him. The world was nearly silent around them except for the small pitter-patter of accumulating snowfall at their hooves.

((so i messed up bad and forgot her color! thankfully kristin reminded me so elk is actually just a pretty bay girl Smile ))
    "Yes, you're right," he responds. "It is quite cold." He studies her carefully, watching the gentle flakes of snow dance around and across the dark chocolate colored mare. It's the first time he's met another as quietly spoken as himself and to say that he was intrigued would be an understatement.

"And you? Her next words draw him away from simply observing and for a moment he looks out over the river, contemplating his answer. "Mm. I like it. It makes the world around you peacefully quiet." His dark brown eyes flicker back to the mare beside him. "And a world painted white is always easy on the eyes."

Growing silent he turns back to look at the river and it's bank. For a few moments he observes the world around them, watching as the snow drifts lazily towards the earth, continuing to coat it with a fine layer of soft powdered snow. "Don't you like it?" Shifting his weight his finely shaped head turns back towards the other so that he is facing her once more.

KELSIE
    georgian grande buckskin overo stallion
    immortal diplomat of ischia

Haha aw, it happens! No problems here! Smile

She smiles at his statements but it is fleeting as she looks away, an ear offered to her compan though. It was nice to have conversation with another after she had been quite for a rather long time. The russet mare returns ehr gold-green gaze to the painted male with the edges of her lips curled slightly, her expression soft but inquisitve as she was generally interested in what he had to say.

The words are easily loosened from his lips as he remarks about the snowfall. The mare consideres what he says, allowing the comfortable silence to slip between the cracks in their statements. She lifts her nose towards the grey skey as though mkaing an educated guess based soley on the enviornment. It was her way of jesting though they did not know one another well enough for him to possibly understand. 'I don't mind it, I suppose." Besides, it could always be worse. One dark leg lifts in place and settles against in the growing snowfall. If the fat flakes continued, it would be no time at all before it would be up to their knees. "I'm Elk." She completes with a slight tilt of her dark haired head.
    He watches her carefully as she turns her gaze towards him and for a moment he studies her, taking note of the tiny - almost hidden - smile that was tugging at the corners of her velvet lips. He doesn't know of the past Beqanna or even much about the new. Unlike the mare before him, that so willingly accepts his company, he has nothing to miss or remember.

The buckskin stallion watches as she lifts her nose towards the sky, and for a moment he waits for her judgement on the surrounding landscape and it's weather. The jest slips easily over his head as he was never one good for jokes and when she speaks lightly his ears twitch ever so slightly in response to her voice. "I don't mind it, I suppose." It garners a chuckle from him and a slight nod and for a moment he looks out at the river, it's dark waters dancing between the snowy banks elegantly. 

For a while he is distracted by the ripples and with an actual bout of patience he waits for her to continue. It's when she introduces herself that he turns back to the dark bay mare and nods in acknowledgement. "It's nice to meet you, Elk, I'm Kelsie." Shifting slightly he lets his gaze meet hers momentarily. "I have recently made my home in Ischia where a new leader by the name of Circinae has taken over while she rebuilds it's quiet lands and searches for a new leader... It is beautiful really. Islands off the shores of Beqanna's mainland that are always warm and filled with beautiful creatures and plants. The new residents are quite interesting and colorful as well." A slight smile finally tugs at the corners of his lips.

"By the way, what are you doing out here in the snow all alone? Don't you have somewhere else you'd like to be.. You know.. Where it isn't so.. Cold?"  

KELSIE
    georgian grande buckskin overo stallion
    immortal diplomat of ischia

@[Elk] Sorry for the late response! I have been sick! Sad