• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade away again [Offspring]

tantalize

She says she's ashamed

And can she take me for awhile

Can I be a friend

We'll forget the past

Breath by breath, her anger fades. As his logic and reason are pressed with dark lips to her damp skin. The thought of Gryffen harnessing such magic makes her shiver despite the sweltering heat that protrudes from his skin. However she isn’t given much time to dwell on such unhappy thoughts. Not with the way he is wound against her, the way he makes everything else fade away.

She could be pressed to him like this for all eternity and she could find happiness. But would she, could she, allow herself to find it in him? Searching the hard ridges of his tired face (and she knows his burden, knows the way it drains and suckles and feeds from his life-force) and she can find no hint of deceit in his words. His declarations of love crash over her like the strong ocean waves, over and over. How can she not drown in them? His love for her, their child, their family.

”And I have loved three in my lifetime.” She finally responds, her golden eyes holding his mesmerizing crimson. Slaide, the boy of stone who had first made her crumble with weakness. Then Lion, who had swept happiness from beneath her feet and torn her life apart. But nothing had ever compared to the way Offspring had made her feel. The way he had brought her to life. The way she found her strength in him, in the fire that he had once loathed so much. An equal. A partner. Someone who wanted to take nothing from her, that simply wanted to be with her. ”I thought myself unworthy of happy endings.” She whispers as she scans his face, emotion welling within rich golden pools that threaten to lose themselves in him forever. ”You frighten me Offspring.” Her throat constricting as her chest tightens with the weight of her confession. The stinging wound along her back long forgotten, lost in the turmoil of the storm between them. ”I’ve lost everyone I’ve ever cared about. Everyone. To lose you would be death itself.”

His lips trail along her cheek and she teeters on the brink. Just for a moment. Before falling precariously into the unknown. ”I love you. In all my lifetime I’ve never loved anything… Anyone.. As I’ve come to love you. My whole life I’ve waited.. For you.” Her whole world resting in those exhaled words before his lips are pressed to her own and she succumbs to his desire, to her desire. The pent up longing and frustration as she greedily takes his mouth to her own.  Every word is true, every single moment and decision in her life had built her to this moment. To be with the one she had always been meant for. The one her soul was tied to. And it’s him. With his simmering beautiful rage, his brooding but protective heart. He thinks himself old and washed up but in her eyes…. In her eyes he is dashing and charming and his age falls away with every husky laugh and impish smile he gives her.

Her lips sweep beneath the dark circles of his eye, knowing what was coming before he even said it. ”I grew sick of politics a long time ago. Whenever you are ready, so am I.” She pauses, curling beneath his thick neck to press along his broad shoulder, resting her head just under the crook of his jaw. ”Whatever you decide, I support you.” As much as she misses the cloudy cliffs of Nerine and the deep blue ocean she had found solace in, her heart was here with him. Wherever he would go, she would be at his side. Loyal to a fault but only he had ever been deserving of it.

”You have me Offspring.” She murmurs into his throat, pressing a kiss to his sweltering skin. With each fierce passionate word, she cannot hold back from him anymore. ”Promise me you will. Every morning. Every night. “ Her mouth to his, drawing him to her and allowing her flawed and cracked heart to glow with the warmth of his light and love. ”You’re my happy ending.” Whispered against his lips as she peers into the warmth of his red. It’s you. It’s always been you.

@[Offspring]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade away again [Offspring] - by Tantalize - 11-05-2017, 01:51 AM