• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  curiosity killed the cat || ellyse
    Don't say I'm out of touch with this rampant chaos; your reality.
    I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge.
      She, too, is lost to the tranquility of evenfall – to the distant churning of the ocean tide along the dark shoreline, to the rhythm of his heartbeat falling in line with her own. Her kisses are soft, tracing the curve of bone along his hip, and along the ridge of his spine, while the long, tangled tendrils of ivory follow to drape over the darkness of his skin. She is lost to the moment, quiet and thoughtful, thinking then of how strange and peculiar life can be – how unpredictable the heart can be. She had long since buried the ache of loss within her chest, though the scathing burn if left behind made her wary of vulnerability. Hesitant to unveil herself, to give any part of herself away –

But somewhere along the way, he had found his way into her heart in a way that no one else ever had. He not only held her heart, but her respect, her admiration, her loyalty. He had been a lover only one fleeting, heat-filled moment long ago, but over time he became her closest companion, a devoted father to a son born in less than desirable circumstances, and then her anchor – tethering her when she felt adrift at sea. He had seen her in her darkest moments, never spurned by her biting tongue, nor by the frigidity of her demeanor each time her heart closed off, guarded.

Slowly, but surely, he managed to break away at the fortified wall erected around her vulnerability – brick by brick, chasing away the shadow of doubt in her gaze, quieting the uncertainty that effervesced in her chest each time his lips pressed a kiss into the hollow of her throat. She thought she had known love. Had she ever known it, or had she only willed love to be where it never had been? She cannot surrender to the thought of being imprisoned in the barren wasteland that had torn her eye from its socket; she cannot give into the thought of Ledger and what had become of him. He had betrayed her, deeply, irreversibly, and though that very same devastating pang of sorrow is hidden somewhere beneath the surface, there is a part of her that is all too aware that she had betrayed him, too.

That her heart had deceived him (and her, in turn) as she fell deeper and more undeniably in love – with someone else.

Sensing him shiver beneath her touch, her kisses become more firmly pressed into the crook of his thigh, wondering how long it might take to trace every inch of him. She hoped it might take an eternity.

He does not deny her assertion, and her heart is all the more mended for it. The knowledge that she had almost lost him, that she had almost lost everything she held close to her fickle, pathetically broken heart is difficult to swallow – but the thought of burying it, of sweeping it aside and pretending it was not true felt unbearable. The potential of loss kept her heart beating. It kept her close to him, seeking his touch, desiring his closeness. It kept her open, exposed – it kept her honest.

His cheek relaxes along the curve of her hip at the end of her back, and her hazel eye searches the darkness for his, observing the silhouette of his strong features draped in ethereal light from the starlit sky. His confession is so certain, her heart does not skip a beat until he is quiet again, until the weight of what he has said to her has processed fully, filling her chest with warmth and elation and trepidation. She is quiet for a long moment, but her gaze never strays from his own, holding cerulean to jade with a certainty of her own.

”I love you too, Dahmer,” she murmurs finally, humming against the blackness of his hip. ”I think I have for a long time.”
    Ellyse
    (The nightmare) I built my own world to escape

@[Dahmer]

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 11-03-2017, 08:45 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 11-04-2017, 12:27 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 11-04-2017, 05:01 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 11-05-2017, 07:25 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 11-05-2017, 08:56 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 11-05-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 11-06-2017, 12:33 AM