• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Kylin is a woman in bloom. As she rises to the surface of Ischia’s largest pond, phantom-like and trailing beaded crystals of clear water, Circinae cannot help but admire the fine beauty written into every line, every curve of her youthful frame.

She’ll make a stallion proud, some day.

For now, though, they are only strangers. That light can cast a person in a harsh view, so it’s Circy’s wish that (even if Kylin resolves to deny her companionship) someday, they might be friends. The newly appointed Keeper can see the fresh workings of tears still in her eyes, notices the way the little lavender mare presses her fins defensively to her sides, and draws her head gently upwards in response to Kylin’s question.

“I came because you deserve an explanation.” The green mare replies, straightforward in her mannerisms and response. “And because I need one in return.” She adds, hoping this will spark the girls curiosity.

“Ischia has been a quiet place for some time, I’m sure you know this.” Circy begins, relaxing as she tries to summarize her endeavours. “That’s I why I came, originally. My family was expanding and Ischia seemed the perfect place to start anew.” She shrugs, lowering a colored muzzle to pick through the finery at her feet. “What I didn’t expect was the outpouring of other interested travellers, and still more surprising was your appearance.” She laughs gently, pinning her attention on the hovering girl.

“I never meant to push you out, or make you feel unwanted, Kylin.” The shifter says, all traces of humor gone. “But sometimes things happen and we can’t do anything to stop them, or control them. All we can do is try to make the best out of those situations, and that’s what I’m trying to do here.” She cements, every line of her face open to the possibility that Kylin might understand her reasoning.

“I won’t make you leave. I never would.” She says at last, once a moment of quiet has given her a breath to gather herself again. “Ischia’s borders are there for our enemies, not our friends.”

Circinae

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM