• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

each man kills what he loves [open]
    Starlin
    The sunlight shadows dance on the forest floor, dappling Starlin’s grullo coat and providing cover for the buckskin colt. He is not impossible to see, but his not-quite intangibility is enough to have the young filly stamping her hoof huffing irritably.

“Stop that magic!” she demands, staring at where he had last vanished into a particularly dark tangle of brush. “Come out and face me like a real warrior!” Neither of them are real warriors, but the piebald filly is young and impetuous, full of an adolescent sense of superiority.

She sees movement to the left and spins to face it, certain now that he is circling her, likely trying to find the best angle of attack.

“You know why!” Starlin retorts sharply. “If I don’t attack first you’ll get me when my back is turned. That’s what all you Sylvans do.” The surety in her tone is undeniable; she believes that fully. Everyone knows that. Sylva is full of monsters and horrors; they’ll crush your skull before you can even blink, and you’re lucky if they don’t do anything else before they kill you.

He had given her his name, Starlin realizes belatedly. A trick! He wants to fool into giving her own name, so that were she to escape this run-in he could track her down all the more quickly – or worse, enlist the aid of his fellow Sylvan criminals. She won’t fall for it, she decides, but best to see if he’s on his toes as well. “Why would I want to know your name?”
    grit & grace.

So as you can tell, Starlin has an active imagination.
    @[Tauber]

Messages In This Thread
    each man kills what he loves [open] - by Tauber - 11-05-2017, 09:27 AM
    RE: each man kills what he loves [open] - by Starlin - 11-18-2017, 09:21 AM