• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I stretch myself beyond my means [Any]

Ciri

Without realizing it, she had closed herself to the stars. In her anguish and aching pain, the swirling of her silver eyes had stilled. She felt broken, torn apart. There was something missing within her, she no longer felt whole. Still, she would not be that girl that pined her life away and spent every night sobbing into her pillow at night. Despite the constant ache, the heavy weight she carries with her everywhere, she picks herself up each morning and tries to get through the day. Sometimes she can find a rare smile and forget her woes for a few minutes. Sometimes she can even laugh. However it never lasts long, reality crashing back in around her.

She feels sluggish and has stopped looking at her reflection in the water. Unable to scan the ugly scarring wound along her face or the extra pounds she has gained despite her bare appetite. Jah-Lilah was constantly pushing her to eat, to take care of herself. It’s just hard to care. There has been no word from Amet since she had left and she doesn’t expect to see him again. Her thoughts travel to Castile and she wonders where he is. If he thinks about her, if he knows. She wonders if she threw her life away on the fancy of a handsome man. She wonders if either were ever worth her time to begin with.

Cradling her scarred body against the low branches of a ripped up tree, she tries to pass the day and enjoy the little warmth the sun provides as winter lays it’s heavy hand over the lands. It’s warmer here but she can’t help but envision what Hyaline looks like covered with snow. And how different things had been at this time last year. A slow exhale escapes her as she lowers her head and presses her muzzle close to her chest. When would this get easier? When would she be healed?

Just make this go away...

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Messages In This Thread
    I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Ciri - 11-05-2017, 11:23 PM
    RE: I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Canaan - 11-06-2017, 09:48 AM
    RE: I stretch myself beyond my means [Any] - by Krone - 11-06-2017, 03:36 PM