• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What a lovely way to burn - Terran
    what a lovely way to burn
    How could he not freak out? There were strange little things growing, growing, from his forehead and even his father seemed surprised by it. Something that could surprise his father had to be something bad, or wasn’t it? The pleading look doesn’t leave Ander’s eyes, but seeing Terran not freaking out somewhat calms him, though the explation he gets isn’t one he had been expecting at all. ”Horns?” he repeats, ears flicking back and forth as he let realisation set it.

Shé must have done it, but, that had only been just a dream right? He wasn’t some crazy dragon creature, except for the fact that he could control fire (even if he still had to master wielding it). Just to make sure Ander bend his neck, to glance at himself. No wings, normal body, no claws, no strange tail and – thankfully – no bloodlust.

Not a dragon, but to be feared nonetheless, according to his father. Yet the chuckle helps Ander relax more and he grins up at the still taller male. ”You think so?” He couldn’t really imagine it, but that didn’t mean he didn’t like the idea or the sound of it. Ander is still grinning when they turn back to the fire, and not even looking at the burned bush makes the grin go away. ”I only recently found out I got mom’s power..” he honestly admits, and he had failed to tell Terran. ”I wanted it to be a surprise..” A good one, and not something like this.

”I’d like that. I enjoy my freedom, but miss a place to call home..” And friends to have, or girls to crush on. Glancing away his gaze lingers on the redwood trees of Taiga, across the river from where the stand. Once it had been his home. ”Is there a particular place you had in mind, dad?” He might be two year old already, old enough to decide for his own, but inexperienced in so many things.

Messages In This Thread
    What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-17-2017, 05:36 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-10-2017, 11:04 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-12-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM