• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Slice of the Devil's Pie; Edonis, Any

From my breast the cold heart taking,
    Give it to Belerma's care

Ivar is King now. I see this as favourable, though his interest in me stemmed from a piteous happenstance. At the gathering he’d not asked much of us - “volunteers to spread the word” had been his first official decree, followed shortly after by, “I’d also like to appoint a General and an Ambassador” - for this I’m glad; I’ve yet to develop a sense of camaraderie with Loess and her inhabitants (the ones who don’t seem to matter, anyways) and it seems beneficial that I should watch and learn, rather than intrude with offers help.

Children have very little to offer in the way of interest, especially when it comes to Kingdom activity.

I keep my peace, after we’ve dispersed. Already a plan is formulating but I’d like not to get attached to the idea before I’ve confirmed its reality, so instead I set out to cement the first step by trailing behind a pocked grey stallion; Edonis, I think. There’s nothing that makes him more special than the others, no reason as to why I would stake my chances on him rather than someone more outspoken, but he seems a fair bet with the notions I’ve got in my head and proximity-wise, he’s nearest. “Winner winner.” I chime inwardly, the slip of an unassuming grin coloring my lips with youthful candor.

“Excuse me,” I call timidly from behind, not so loud that it would seem impertinent yet also not soft enough he won’t hear it. A gentle balance, one someone could expect from a growing lady. “Edonis, is it? My name is Rey.” I begin, flush with excitement as I move to position myself nearer to him.

“I heard Ivar mention something about ‘spreading the word’ back there,” I murmur, low enough that he might be inclined to lean a slender, gray ear in my direction. “are you thinking of going out?” I ask, tipping the effeminate curve of my head up to where he towers above me.

Rey

@[Edonis]