• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Levi

Friendship was something new to her. Well, not entirely, but all she had known was a childhood friendship and Besra had been long gone since. Amore remember her ‘BBF’ – best friend forever – with a smile, and every time she does think of the blue girl, she cannot help but wonder what had become of her. Where had she left after leaving the Gates, had she been happy and had she found her way to this new Beqanna too? Amorette hoped she had.

Her friendship with Levi – if she could call it that – was something else entirely. No more childish innocence and not having to worry about a thing. She was an adult now and equine would have expectation of her. There were both things she could do and things she couldn’t, or at least wasn’t supposed to. And although Amore is gentle by nature and very much interested and curious, new things are always hard.

And thus she had failed Levi too. After their trip she had avoided any and all contact with other equine. She had spent her time around or up the volcano. Something still lured her closer, and there had been enough to discover and keep herself busy. Amorette had enjoyed Levi’s company on her first trip, she also hadn’t wanted to burden him with going there again and again. Thus she had gone by herself.

After all this time alone, she now was eager to get rid of the loneliness. She had always been a social creature, feeling most comfortable when she was around others. The loneliness had become too much of a burden and thus Amore finds herself going down the volcano again.

As she climbs down her eyes search the familiar brown sabino form of Levi. Would he have been able to decide how he wanted to contribute to Tephra? Last time he hadn’t been sure about that yet, and Amorette is eager to find out what had kept him busy all this time.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Lavender]

He is grazing, as relaxed as he ever has been, slowly weaving between the roots of the volcano as he fills his belly. The mahogany stallion pulls at the grass his thoughts wander over his recent travels and Tephra's recent change in leadership. His voyage with Kolera had been an entertaining diversion from his duties in the kingdom, but he was glad to be back where he belongs. 

The volcano is quiet today and with the lack of smoke to cloud the air the winter sky is brilliantly clear and cloudless. His thoughts are interrupted by the sound of hooves meeting stone, and he lifts his pale face to see who is approaching. Amorette descends from the volcano, navigating between the sharp stones with practiced ease. She looks as if she is searching for someone, and he calls to her over the distance between them.

He had enjoyed their trip to the top of the volcano, and the ease the had communicated with. The day had helped him step back from his own moody thoughts for a day and take time to enjoy his homeland and the company of someone else. With long strides he quickly covers the distance between them, coming to a halt where the obsidian stone gives way to rich meadowland. 

"Still exploring the volcano?" Not many horses chose to venture up the craggy structure very often, so he finds it a little unusual that he should find her here. But despite his curiosity, his features and shoulders remain relaxed and his expression is almost pleasant

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[Amorette]
    [Image: BQLevipagedoll-DONE.png]

Her attention is divided. She’s partially focussed on navigating her way down the rocky volcano while glancing across Tephra’s grassy field. Fields she had gazed over quite a couple of times, and it had yet to bore her. The land was beautiful, with or without the humid mist that seemed to be part of Tephra. Today it wasn’t like that, and Amore was able view more of the land than usually.

And that apparently worked both ways. Before she’s able to locate the big sabino male, his nicker is already carried towards her by the light breeze. Amorette pauses for a moment, to take her time to locate him. When she does, a smile tugs on the corner of her dark lips. He hadn’t changed a bit, perhaps a little older and muscles in all the right places, but still Levi.

”Hey there stranger” she greets him with a teasing grin. As she stands in front of him, she’s once again reminded of his height. Amore takes a step forward, to bump her nose against his shoulder. ”Have you stopped growing yet?” she muses, before stepping back to look up at him again.

His question has her glancing back, this time an almost endearing smile on her lips. The volcano did something to her. Ever since Amorette had first set a hoof in Tephra, she had felt it. ”Yeah, it feels nice being up there. At home, I guess. I discovered some caves, kept me busy for a while..” as she pauses her gaze moves back to Levi’s odd eyes. ”What about Tephra, have I missed some important stuff?”

More changing and important that she would’ve guessed.

Amorette

OOC:
    Sorry for the wait <3.

Her greeting is warm and welcoming. From their first day together spent exploring the volcano she had failed to inspire the usual suspicion in him which new faces usually did.  Her dark sparkling eyes and easy manners made him feel as if he had known her longer than he had. 

She seems to be the same warm presence, and he finds himself unexpectedly relieved, but one thing about him had changed. It all felt like a dream now, but he had discovered the fairies cottage in the wood and she had given him a fire mane and tail just because she liked the look of it. He had been holding his flames low, but now, after they have said hello, he releases his grip and they crackle to life. Along his crest the orange-red flames twist at the height of his ears, and his tail is comprised of long flame tendrils which shimmer with heat.

His inky dark eye is turned to her, watching with amusement for any hint of surprise in her delicate feature. "Ah, luckily I'm not getting any taller." Levi stood just shy of his father's height now, it was about time he stopped growing. "But that doesn't mean I haven't changed at all." 

"I've only just got back. But I hear there's been at least one big change." She reaches her nose to his broad shoulder and he returns the greeting by reaching his own muzzle to gently bump hers. He assumes she at least had heard rumors that Offspring had stepped down. "Were you able to go to the meeting? Knowing my father, I'm sure there was some sort of formal transfer of power." 
    Levi

@[Amorette]

The sudden appearance of the flames startles her. Before Amorette even realises it she has taken a small step back and both her ears are pinned forward as the curiously studies this new addition. For a moment there is only curiosity in her eyes, in which the flame are reflected, then her lips curled up. ”I see you gained a new trick” she says, half struck between awe and playfulness.

She definitely had missed something in her absence. Last time she’d seen Levi he had normal mane and tail, as black as the night, of that she was sure. She had never known he was gifted either, but that was something they never spoke of before. ”How have you been? Other than the change?” Amorette might not know everything about him, but she honestly was interested in his well-being.

”I have heard..” she offers, her gaze growing concerned as she looks up at his much taller form. She clearly remembered how it was to her when Magnus had stepped down, only to disappear without a word. And that was not something she wished for Levi. ”He appointed Ellyse overseer. I have yet to get to know her though, but he wouldn’t have appointed her if he hadn’t trusted her, right?” Like Magnus had trusted Lucrezia. ”How do you feel about that? You talked to him yet? Will he stay?”

She pauses then, glancing away a little flustered. She was asking a lot of questions, perhaps a bit too much. And some of it wasn’t even her business. Amore just wanted the best for Levi, for him to not suffer in the way she had, having lost both of her parents. By the time her dark eyes find his again, she’s smiling apologetic. ”I’m sorry, I don’t mean to pry..”

Amorette

"Short story is - I stumbled across a fairy's home in the woods." Levi's lip curls mischievously and his flames crackle at the memory of the fairie's surprise and delight when she turned to see the beast lurking outside her window. 

But his thoughts do not linger on fairies and enchanted cottages for long. The recent succession of the Head of War had left The Overseer's Heir with unsorted feelings, but he truly hated digging into his own feelings. So, he left them unsorted and told himself his father was doing what was best for Tephra. 

"It's fine," he shrugs, suddenly eager to be talking about anything other than his father. "I haven't been able to talk to him since I've been back, but I was planning on congratulating Ellyse tomorrow if I can catch her... but I don't think Offspring is going anywhere." 

The mare's voice is laced with concern for him, and he feels that Amore is truly interested in a way that very few are. Even as she is apologizing for asking too much, he feels the urge to tell her more. "Maybe she will know where I fit - I don't want to end up patrolling the beach for the rest of my life." 

He can't remember the last time he talked so much about himself and he looks to change the course of the conversation. The dark stallion had always been more comfortable listening to details about others lives than revealing his own. 

"... do you want to walk down to the ocean?" He reaches out his ivory nose and brushes aside a piece of her mane which lays across her withers. The ash which has settled over her smoky coat leaves a sootys dark smudge on his muzzle, which he wipes off on his chest. "I think thats proof you have been up in the clouds too long"
    Levi

@[Amorette]

She chuckles and shakes her head slightly, but doesn’t verbally reply to his words. She doesn’t hold it against him for telling the short version of the story, though she would’ve loved to hear the long one. Amorette is intrigued by the flames that lick his crest and flow down from his tailbone. The fire luring her in the same way the volcano does.

More serious business make her push away her curiosity for now. Her friend needs – and deserves ! – her full attention and that means that Amore shouldn’t fawn over his flames. For a moment she just looks at Levi, no longer taken aback by his two toned eyes, letting all he said settle in. ”I.. Can I give you some advice?” she asks softly, still not really sure if she should speak the words that are on her lips. Once again, it wasn’t her business, on the other hand, Levi’s wellbeing was. ”Speak to her, and talk to your father...”

Before he is no longer around for you to speak to him. His relationship with his father might be different than her own, but once lost, there was no way to make up for past things. Amorette didn’t want Levi to regret anything.

She chuckles about his self-mocking words about patrolling the beach. ”I’m sure she won’t decline the offer. You can do better than just patrolling the beach” she replies, gently bumping her dark muzzle against his shoulder and offering him a smile. It didn’t sound like a crazy idea, and though Amore hadn’t been patrolling the beach – instead she had focussed on the volcano – she needed something real to do too. ”Perhaps I should accompany you, and ask her where I will fit.”

What she had attempted to do, Levi does instead. She’s about to reply to his offer when he reaches out to her, only to pull back and smudge himself with the ash that had collected on her back. The way he wipes himself off has her chuckling and with a grin she looks up to meet his gaze again. ”Is that a polite way of saying that I should wash?” she teases him, now reaching out to brush her muzzle over his withers and tug on his mane gently.

With that she turns into the direction of the beach. Glancing across her shoulder Amore looks back at Levi, still grinning. [/b]”Come on big guy, we could both use a bath.”[/b] Referring to the smudge of ash he had painted both his muzzle and white splashed chest with. ”At least my coat hides it, yours not so much.”

Amorette

He wasn't used to taking advice, especially not from anyone other than his father. But the young stallion likes Amorette, and he tries to remain open to her suggestion.  He accepts what she says with a polite nod, but he does not search for words to reply with - luckily she continues before the scilence grows ackward. 

"I don't think you need to ask," he says to the kind soft and kind mare before him, "I think it's pretty obvious where you fit."

Before she can ask for clarification, he continues. "I mean, you're pretty, well spoken," he looks at her with mischief lurking in his mismatched eyes. "Adventurous," he adds with a shrug. "Seems pretty obvious that you would make an excellent diplomat."

"The face of Tephra."  He adds, but as they walk the casual candor of his voice fades, as his mind inevitably turning to darker subjects. But before his brooding nature can get the better of him, she is gently teasing him, bringing him back to the present. He lets her lead him to the beach where he moves smoothly into the surf. His mane and tail of flames steam as the cool ocean waters wash over his broad back to cleanse away the soot and sweat that came with living on the volcanic island. 

Levi

So this is all pre-Karaugh XD
    But I'm fine with switching to that thread or keeping this one going, up to you. 

His kind words put a smile on her lips, also fluster her a little, and make her glance away for a moment. It makes her think of the words her father had once spoken to her. Magnus had been so sure that she would make a fine diplomat one day, or was that only how she had interpret his words as a child? Anyway, it was a memory Amore cherished. ”Thank you” she mutters softly, still avoiding his two-toned gaze.

”The face of Tephra.” Those words have her looking up again, just in time to notice to mischief shown in his eyes. It makes her chuckle and grin up at him, reaching out to nip at his brown shoulder as silent payback. ”You mean that though?” She? A face of Tephra? ”I like the sound of that.” Claiming otherwise would be a lie. But she wasn’t thé face, nor would Amore consider herself that.

It’s impossible to not look at Levi when he moves further into the water. Steam rises up from his crest and tail and the wind carries away the soft hiss of fire and water meeting. It was quite a curious sight. ”You almost look like a smoking volcano about to burst” she chuckles softly, her dark eyes twinkling as she steps further into the water. She doesn’t venture in as far as Levi, she was much shorter and the sea would swallow her if she would venture as deep.

A soft sigh escapes from between her lips and for a moment her eyes fall closed. In Tephra the water was never cold, just like the Tephran winter didn’t know any snow. It was pleasant. But like this the ash would never fully be erased from her skin. Squeezing her eyes shut she dips her head into the water, and when she resurfaces she shakes her head with a grin, sending more droplets in Levi’s direction.

”So, can I be seen in your presence again?”

Amorette

"I don't lie," and even though he says it with a smile, it's true. He had many vices, but rarely did he speak anything but the truth. Amore may not have been very involved in kingdom life as yet, but he had meant what he said. He couldn't see any reason why she wouldn't make an excellent diplomat if that was the path she chose to pursue. At the least, her sparkling eyes and manners would find her easier welcomes in neighboring kingdoms than his scowl and flames would. 

You almost look like a smoking volcano about to burst

He almost laughs. "I am the volcano," he teases, ducking his muzzle below the water before jerking it up to send a light spray of warm ocean water in her direction. He often left the Island, but he always came back, the Volcano always showed him the way home.

She is closing the distance between them, but then she halts and he finished the job. The water parts easily for his broad chest and as he places himself next to her as a soft sigh escapes her lips. But she only rests for a moment before her playful spirit returns. He feels lighthearted, and the sensation doesn't terrify him.

So, can I be seen in your presence again?

He thinks her questions is a joke, the grin insinuates as much, but it catches him off guard and his mismatched eyes follow her every move. "Well, I'm not a prince anymore so no need to be so formal." The weight of his words sinks in only after he has spoken them, but he doesn't feel sadness, only relief. 

"I think the more appropriate question is," the dark stallion reaches out his muzzle to sweep away a droplet of water on her chin, "May I be seen in your presence, Amorette?"
    Levi