• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Don't forsake me; Amet, Solace, Ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    The flippancy of her response has him bristling. Does she think him a child, eager for validation? He does not want her respect. She is far too light about things that require care, and while Ivar does follow her into the portal, it is out of curiosity about the adventure rather than any interest in spending more time with the green mare.

He has not given any indication that he is well-travelled, and so when Circinae asks after his last visit, he turns to look at her with an entirely nondeliberate stillness. “In the fall,” he replies without a moment of hesitation, turning only after speaking to look at the kingdom around them. It has been longer than a few months since he has seen the place from this angle, he muses. “Though we didn’t make it much past the border.”

They hadn’t needed to, he doesn’t add; he had only wanted to show Zhenga the sunrise and that did not require a trek through the heart of the kingdom.

Circinae calls for Amet, and the lupine nature of her summons is unmistakable. Something else at the top of the food chain, Ivar muses.

Far less appealing than Thana though, he decides.

“You’re leaving here for Ischia.” Ivar says flatly. It is not a question, but rather a verbal assembling of the various clues the green mare has left. He’d not been sure if Amet had left the mountain kingdom as well, but Circinae’s affirmation that they were indeed going to Hyaline had confirmed that. He’s still not entirely sure what Loess had to do with this, but it is a rather long walk back to the Hillands, and it’s nearing dusk.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

Messages In This Thread
    Don't forsake me; Amet, Solace, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 04:57 PM
    RE: Don't forsake me; Amet, Solace, Ivar - by Ivar - 11-07-2017, 11:01 PM