• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Yiska || Anyone

Winter is arguably his favorite season— bright crisp days where the sun shines, dry cool air. Yiska walked slowly through the fields, his ambling gait occasionally interrupted when he trips over well, nearly anything. Stones, mounds of dirt; even his own four feet. Somehow he's managing, ears swiveling about and nose skimming lightly over the blades of grass until it bumps into something, a log.

A normal horse may step over it, or simply go around. However Yiska isn't gifted with good vision, and instead opens his maw slightly, a steady clicking sound falling from his tongue. It's strange, he doesn't see more than just light and dark shapes, but by doing this he can hear volume. Finally, the stallion appears satisfied, lifting a foreleg and taking a step plenty high to step over the fallen obstacle. Another, another, another, and he's over, appearing plenty satisfied with himself as he raised his head once more, tail swishing away the flies landing on his coat. They are especially bothersome to this stud- sensitive as a way to adapt to being almost completely blind. Around him, Yiska can smell the scents of many others; some old and many new, however it's only when the sound of a rustling through the grass that isn't his own interrupts his slow and winding path through the occasional trees and bushes. Head high, ears pricked and alert, nostril's flaring as he worked in his head to figure it out.

"Is someone there?"
    Yiska
    "And in the darkness you will see the sun."

Krone

You could be the king

Krone cannot imagine being blind, or having any disability, really. She was blessed with all her senses in tact, and the gift of wings. She particularly enjoyed the fact that she could mosey wherever she pleased without incident, and she hoped that she could stay like this for a good majority of her life. 

Which is why, she cannot help but observe the stud who struggles to try to find his way around the field. She tilts her head, watching as he moves so carefully, so delicately around the world - something she had never had to worry about before. When the stallion stops, sniffing the air around him and questioning nervously, she decides to approach. 

She knew she needed to recruit some new horses to Ischia; she was trying her hardest to get into Circinae's good graces. This stallion could be a good start - the island was only so big, and he could learn his way around quickly, instead of trying to figure out the entirety of Beqanna without the use of his eyes. 

"Yes, I didn't mean to startle you," She answers his question politely, but does not bother to smile. "I'm Krone." 

But watch the Queen conquer

@[Yiska] 

Hope its okay that she popped in <3

His senses are right, as usual.  Someone is there, and before they even begin to speak he can make out a dark figure from the surrounding blobs of light— but just barely. Blinking his damaged blue eyes, it takes him a moment to settle from being startled. Yiska knows this stranger didn't mean it, and in fact it happened so often it was just a part of this life. Swishing his tail. the stud lowered his head in greeting to the mare, which he could tell by smell and voice alone.

"It happens frequently, so you're alright," he began. Tone confident, he greeted the other, trying his hardest to piece together an appearance in his head. "Nice to meet you. I'm Yiska." After that the stallion goes quiet, unsure of the words to use next. It's hard to talk to others, but a desperate need sometimes, in order to survive well, day-to-day life. Obviously there has to be a reason she approached, however, and curiously he pricked his ears. "What drew you to me? Are you seeking something? Answers maybe? Don't ask for directions," Yiska joked, chuckling softly to himself. "I'm no good with them."

Yiska

@[Krone]
    You're fine! Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm still figuring this guy out, haha.

Krone

You could be the king

It takes him a moment to calm from her startling him, and she can't say she is very surprised. She allows him a while to turn towards her. By all accounts, he is a pretty attractive stallion - black streaked his creamy colored coat, he has a heavily muscled build, and he stands a good hand over her. The blind stallion is friendly, and pleasantly witty. To her own surprise, she lets out a soft chuckle at his joke.

"I'm actually pretty good with directions...I like to stay up high," She flutters her wings, then smiles. "I was actually coming to see if you were seeking something, Yiska." She moves closer to him carefully, not wanting to scare him again. In her few years of life, she had learned how to talk to people, draw them in. She liked being charming...it's how her mother taught her after-all. 

"I was wondering if you had wanted to travel to my home with me," She speaks to him gently. "It's a beautiful island, just north of here...Ischia. We have a brand new leader, and are looking for some other horses to join our ranks. I could lead you there, if you are interested." Her mind wanders to her new home, to the colorful birds and plentiful flora, to the palms fluttering in the breeze, and she grins. She hoped he would come along, and maybe find a home there himself.

@[Yiska] No worries! Krone is one of my newbies too, so I understand Smile
    Yiska's muzzle twitched as he took in her scent. Because he was blind, he didn't have appearances to commit to memory. He relied heavily on scent to differentiate between others. By all means, he doesn't even know what he himself looks like— thanks to the kick from his sire mere hours after he was born.

But that's beside the point; he just learned to appreciate other things in life more.

"Yeah? I'm not sure I can relate. Can't say I even know what being up high even means." Yiska relaxes a little, even though he can hear the rustling sound which meant the mare was drawing closer. Ischia. He recalls hearing his mother tell him stories from the island. How warm the beaches were, the soft sands under hoof. The blind stallion is itching for an adventure he cannot even see,

There's just one tiny thing stopping him.

The idea of leaving home.

Yiska grew up in these fields. He's got them memorized by heart; bumping into trees and rocks was a thing of the past. The idea of something new underfoot was both exciting and frightening. "Is it understandable if I visit first? Before making a decision?"

Yiska

@[Krone] Haha, he always considered himself brave until being faced with leaving home. He was blinded very shortly after birth, so he really has no idea what anything really even is except being able to make out light and dark colored shapes.

Krone

You could be the king

Letting out a soft chuckle, she relaxes her body. There was no sense in putting on her usual lady-like facade...he couldn't see her. She cocks her leg back lazily, swishing her tail at nothing in particular. Winter was particularly biting this year, and as the soft powdery flakes land on her back, she sighs contently. She watches the thick plumes of white exit her nostrils and swirl around the stallion's head.

"Of course. It'd get you away from the cold for a little while, and it'd allow me to lead you around my homeland," She glances off into the distance, thinking of Ischia makes her grin excitedly. "I'll take you there, give you a tour. If you like it, which I'm warning you, it's hard not to, you are welcome to stay. If it's not your kind of place, I will bring you back to the field." She moves close enough that she can feel his warm breath engulfing her. "Does that sound okay to you?" 

@[Yiska] Smile