• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; ivar
    the night is my companion, and solitude my guide.
    How long has it been?

Her shadow-prince, nameless and haunting, hasn’t visited her. He had been her life (he still was, that mysterious presence), her whole entire world, and then suddenly...nothing. He vanished from her, but not in the way he normally does. She could not smell him, taste him, hear him - he has gone.

So she busies herself, like she did before her prince had found her. She stares into the waters, looking purposefully but at the same time, thoughtless. She idly passes the time, the icy cold waters of the river numbing her legs, but not allowing herself to leave to find warmth. He will come, he will lay beside her, he will whisper to her, her shadow will come…

‘Catch anything yet?’

It should have been his voice, but it wasn’t. With a small sparkle in her eyes (she never turned down conversation, despite her disappointment that her shadow still had not joined her) she lifts her head quizzically, her silver eyes quickly finding the pied stallion that stands before her, wading in the frothing waters just as she is. A smile finds her darkened charcoal lips, a bit sheepish as her eyes dart downwards - it had been awhile since she had a conversation with anyone besides her shadow-prince, and looking into the eyes of another left her heart racing for a moment. 

A laugh reverberates in her chest, soft and gentle as windchimes in the breeze. “No, not yet,” she admits quietly, surprised at the smile that continues to pull at her lips. “Are you much better?” She asks curiously, inviting the kind-faced stranger to join her.

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-12-2017, 09:05 AM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-13-2017, 04:29 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-21-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM