• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Something about her is familiar.

Ivar cannot quite name it, but for a while longer than necessary he meets her gaze without blinking, trying to determine what it might be. He settles for not knowing with a small shake of his head that coincides with the timing of her question and doubles as an answer.

“At catching fish? Not at all. They always seem to know when I’m coming.”

He demonstrates that by moving forward, and the fish scatter. Like a shark in the water, his mother had always said with a chuckle. She’d probably not laugh anymore.

The water against his legs is uncomfortably cold, but it is marginally better than the frigid air. Were he to sink below the cold water, he knows that his heart would become slow, and his blood sluggish. A rest at the bottom of the river would become irresistible, at least until spring came to thaw the world. So he stays in the shallows, preferring to be alert, and glances back at the not-quite-familiar mare.

“I’m Ivar,” he tells her with a smile, and then, because he cannot let go of the puzzle: “Have we met before? You look familiar, but I don’t know how.” The not-quite-memory has more than the usual amount of red and gold to it, so he adds: “Were you ever in Sylva, maybe two or three years ago?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

ooc: ivar met augusta’s sister Luster and (i thiiink) one of their brothers when he was growing up in Sylva? So that’s what he’s “sort of” remembering about her being familiar Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Ivar - 11-11-2017, 01:35 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-12-2017, 09:05 AM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-13-2017, 04:29 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-21-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM