• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; ivar
    the night is my companion, and solitude my guide.
    She suddenly feels the chill now; perhaps it is the presence of this stranger that makes her realize the world around her - that the frigid air is unmerciful against the mottled silver-grey of her skin, tight and unforgiving in its cold grip, that the water is numbing her legs as it splashes against them. A tiny shiver runs down her spine in response and for a moment she wonders if it is too forward to ask the black and white stallion to come just a little bit closer. 

He does come closer, however, but the cold of deep winter permeates deep. She smiles however, grey eyes sparkling with laughter as he demonstrates his lack of fish-catching abilities, the fish darting away from the area in flashes of silver, the cold and clear water the only thing left between them now. 

“Augusta,” she offers with a little lift of her chin towards him, storm-gray eyes inspecting him with gentle interest. The winter’s fog had hidden most of him until he had come closer, and now she notices the way his coat lays completely flat against him - the winter’s breath seems to not have created any sort of thickness to his fur. She notices, as her gaze flickers to his handsome face, that something a lot like scales are hidden between the black and ivory patterns, and a curious smile finds her dark lips. 

His robust voice, gentle and welcoming, brings her a few steps closer to him, bridging the gap between them. She presses her lips together thoughtfully, trying to sift through memories and years for a moment that might enlighten them as to how they were already familiar. “Sylva?” she repeats quietly. She hasn’t thought about Sylva or her family in many moons, and the thought makes her fall silent. She thinks carefully; the last time she had been in Sylva was to visit her sister, Luster.

She hadn’t found her. 

Clearing her throat (realizing she may have been silent for uncomfortably too long for sweet Ivar), she finds his gaze. “I grew up there for awhile,” she says gently, “my sister, Luster and I. But then my parents, after the reckoning, moved us to the forest. I went back to Sylva a few years ago to try and find my sister, but...” Her voice trails off and her eyes become downcast, brows furrowing pensively. 

“Maybe you have met her. We look a lot a like - that would explain why you are familiar with me.” She takes another step closer to him, her recent loneliness and talk of her sister creating a certain sort of sadness that did not look right on her face.

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-12-2017, 09:05 AM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-13-2017, 04:29 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-21-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; ivar - by Augusta - 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM