• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ]

Lamb tell me a story..

The crisp winter air had grown mildly foggy around the area of the river. The only slightly warmer air that sat at times at the top of the water met the cold air and spread the mist that had now formed. There might have been tales in the area of ghosts that wander in out of the mist and just seem to form into solid mass. This was the way that Kindred seemed to enter on. The mare appeared out of a tree line following the fog as it rolled along for a short time and then burst into nothingness.

The snow crunched under her feathered legs and some stuck to the hair there causing snowballs to form that would take a moment of grooming to remove later. The speckle coated mare had come out of the trees to get a drink to refresh herself. Her ears swung around listening for trouble as she lowered that noble head of hers so lips could touch the water and take nice long gulps. Her winter coat caused the semi leopard patterning to blur a bit on her but, as spring and summer rolled around the lines around some of her dotted parts would become more clear while in other places they would remain blurred.

Kindred had an ashen hued head with a dark crest of ebony at her crown even her ears were lined in black. The rest of her face white with a distinct badger marking of deep ebony that started around both of her eyes and drew down the side of her face in a thin and then dotted line almost canine like smile to a dark muzzle. Her mane was white with a scattered amount of black working its way in and her tail was dark ebony with splashes of white peeking through areas. A heavy sigh passed through her dark nostrils and the warm air misted around them a moment.

She had lifted her head from the water her thirst now taken care of. The mare looked around at the snow covered banks of the river taking in all she saw. She did not have anywhere to go no one waiting on her in this strange land and that did not even bother her. The thought that she was free to explore and range as she pleased should have brought a smile and maybe a happy flick of the tail or ears to her but, she just stood thinking. Kindred had always been slightly off and that seemed to ward people away from speaking to her. She just did not know how to express anything feeling wise. The mare understood emotions and knew why others felt them but, something just blocked her from feeling them herself.

That had its advantages at times though, and it allowed for more rational thinking before acting. So, there she stood thinking a moment longer before with a toss of her head she started off into the trees again. She had staked out a fine resting spot under an old pine that had lost its lower branches ages ago. The snow had not been able to creep in under the tree though as her and other animals had used the pine needled carpet as a resting place. She was making her way back to her place of rest as nothing else was requiring her attention.

Kindred

@[Ivar]
    HTML By- Calcifer

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    The ice in his mane taps against his scaled neck with each step, quiet clinks that are muffled by the much louder crunch of snow beneath his hooves. The tall stallion moves along the familiar trail, glancing now and then down the steep bank to the rushing water below.

It calls him, as it always does, but the coo of melted snow is not the strongest voice. Too cold, he knows; the urge to rest beneath the chilly water would be strong, and he has no time to take a winter’s rest. So he remains on dry land, intending to follow the curve of the river until it starts to rise. From there he will turn south and into the heart of Loess. The springs there are far warmer, heated by the earth below, and there he will stop.

His trip to the field had been fruitless; winter is a hard season for recruits.

Still, he knows that the common lands are often well-populated even in the bitterest weather, and the tobiano creature is alert, his flicking black ears and curious brown eyes taking in the scenery around him. He passes a few strangers down to drink at the river, but he does not call attention to himself. A low tree blacks his path, felled by the winter, and he leaps over it without hesitation. On the other side, he can see what the decaying branches had hid from him, a dark mare resting in the shelter beneath a tree.

They are too close for him to simply ignore her without being rude, and so Ivar offers her a smile. It is bright on his handsome face, an expression crafted by millennia to best lure in prey. It conveys good-will, friendship – things that Ivar is certainly capable of.

“Hello,” he greets her with a bob of his head, continuing down his narrow trail that leads him past the tree she shelters under. He stops beside it, close enough for conversation but not too close for comfort. “I’m Ivar. What brings you to the Riverlands?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

Lamb tell me a story..

Ears twitched as the sound of someone jumping and then landing. She turned her head looking for the source and by then she was greeted and asked why she was in the riverlands. Kindred raised her head and lifted her eyes to the stallion before her. He lowered his head in a bob as he moved closer to where she had chosen to rest., “ I am Kindred.” She offered her name before getting to her feet. Shaking off what little snow or water had gathered on her before looking back to Ivar with a kind smile.

“ So, that is the name of this place.” Kindred looked around, “ I find that I have just wandered in it would seem.” She looked the stallion over a moment, “ What brings you out to the Riverlands today?” Kindred asked her current companion. The appy coated mare swung her tail once as she walked around the dark stallion a bit. She could not help but think that there was something very interesting about this male before her; she could not put her hoof on what it was though. Kindred pulled her eyes off Ivar as every colt, and filly knew it was rude to stare at anyone.

She rolled her hip so that her left rear leg was firm to the ground while her right one was in a resting position. The mare's body language was that of relaxation with this new stranger before her. Kindred could not see anything that told her that Ivar was a threat to her in this moment and, if he was a threat well the wolf had not bared his fangs yet..

Kindred

OOC: sorry for short and sorry for taking so long Sad
    @[Ivar]
    HTML By- Calcifer

I V A R
    Overhead, the boughs creak in the wind, but the two black and white horses are protected by the worst of the wind by the canopy and the thick underbrush. The same cannot be said a few hundred meters ahead, where IVar knows the trail opens onto the plains that lead to Loess, so he is grateful to find a reason to pause for a moment, to gather himself before he faces the winter. He glances down the path for a moment, but soon returns his atttnetion to the black mare.

He had thought that the pattern of white on her hide was fallen snow, but as she shakes herself, he can tell even through the thick length of winter coat that she is…spotted? Ivar has seen plenty of horses with white markings, but none quite like Kindred’s. It’s rather interesting, but he does not linger overlong on them, not when the mare is answering the question he’d asked of her and hiving her own in return.

“I’m on my way back to Loess,” he replies, “My trip to the field for recruits did not go well, as you might have guessed.” He smiles wryly, gestures to the empty space behind him where it is rather clear no prospective kingdom-member stands. The mention of her wandering was noted, and Ivar pauses only for a moment, curious if this might be why he had returned this far empty handed.

“You wouldn’t happen to be looking for a home, would you? A nice quiet kingdom, or maybe a herd?”

It’s fine! No need to apologize Big Grin

Lamb tell me a story..

A light snow flurry popped up as the two dark horses stood talking to one another. Ivar mentioned a name of the land that he was from. Loess. Kindred let this new information as she listened to the black and white painted stallion before her. The mare ventured a little closer to him but remained just out of reach should a wandering out stretched muzzle venture her way. She nodded her head some, “ Winter can be a rather harsh time to be looking for anything.” She looked to him and leaned her head to the side some, “ Should I have guessed.”

He posed another question to the speckled mare before him and she rolled her eyes back and to the side a moment thinking of an answer for him. “ Everyone is looking for home.” She moved around the stallion in a slow walk almost dragging her feet as she moved, “ Be it a place, a lover, or even within their children. Some search their whole lives and never find it.” She stopped her moving in front of the paint stallion and turned her head to look back at him with her face marking smiling at him.

“ I would not mind searching for Home with in this Loess you mentioned.” Her tail swung lazily back and forth, “ Would that interest you Ivar?” Kindred as him and lowered her head some watching him.

Kindred

HTML By- Calcifer

I V A R
    The distance she purposefully keeps between them is unmistakable, but Ivar does not press the issue, not even with the chill in the air. When prey comes to him as easily as it does, there is no reason for him to press the issue with those that are more hesitant. She is prey, he knows, but he is not hungry enough to bother with the effort.

The scaled creature watches as the spotted mare moves around him, following her progress with his brown gaze. She stops moving when she is ahead of him, and Ivar meets her over-the-shoulder with a curiously tilted head. She has not wavered in the face of his supernatural appearance, at least not in the ways that he is most familiar with. Is this a different way of showing interest? The stallion is unsure, and her words do not make her meaning any more clear.

Still, she does say that she will search for a home in Loess – even if it is not as a herdmare – and Ivar accepts that without comment.

“Do you like flowers?” He asks, the question sudden and seemingly out of nowhere. It’s only when he elaborates that the reasoning behind the odd query becomes clear. “Loess has wonderful flowers in the spring, if you do stay that long.”

The black and white stallion is moving forward as he speaks, his hooves taking the familiar path south to the hills of Loess. Spring is only a few short weeks away; he will consider himself fortunate if she stays that long.

would you like to start a new thread in Loess with the new season maybe? Smile
    I can get a post up in Loess n.n
    HTML By- Calcifer