• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ]

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Overhead, the boughs creak in the wind, but the two black and white horses are protected by the worst of the wind by the canopy and the thick underbrush. The same cannot be said a few hundred meters ahead, where IVar knows the trail opens onto the plains that lead to Loess, so he is grateful to find a reason to pause for a moment, to gather himself before he faces the winter. He glances down the path for a moment, but soon returns his atttnetion to the black mare.

He had thought that the pattern of white on her hide was fallen snow, but as she shakes herself, he can tell even through the thick length of winter coat that she is…spotted? Ivar has seen plenty of horses with white markings, but none quite like Kindred’s. It’s rather interesting, but he does not linger overlong on them, not when the mare is answering the question he’d asked of her and hiving her own in return.

“I’m on my way back to Loess,” he replies, “My trip to the field for recruits did not go well, as you might have guessed.” He smiles wryly, gestures to the empty space behind him where it is rather clear no prospective kingdom-member stands. The mention of her wandering was noted, and Ivar pauses only for a moment, curious if this might be why he had returned this far empty handed.

“You wouldn’t happen to be looking for a home, would you? A nice quiet kingdom, or maybe a herd?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

It’s fine! No need to apologize Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ] - by Kindred - 11-08-2017, 05:32 PM
    RE: They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ] - by Ivar - 11-10-2017, 08:38 AM
    RE: They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ] - by Ivar - 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM
    RE: They shall not ignore us [ Ivar ] - by Ivar - 11-18-2017, 02:20 PM