• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae
    Canaan
    Don't put my love on your back burner.
    Never let anything that hot get cold.
       He is a shadow across the frothing seafoam of the shoreline, gliding to and fro on a gentle breeze born from the hearth of his chest, carrying him from end to end of the tropical island. A quiet, but steady presence – unwavering, but with a wanderlust humming deep within his veins that never quite seems to fade with time, try as he might to swallow it down. His heart is heavy, nearly whole and yet, the emptiness that does remain is almost enough to stifle his glee. He had fallen deeply, unequivocally in love with a wildly imaginative, ambitious creature, as vivid in her aspirations as she is in beauty, wit, and heart (and her lover, too - their lover, Jah-Lilah) – but he can see so much of his mother in her.

Powerful, a force to be reckoned with – but deep within, yearning for influence, for control, and there is a small piece of him that cannot ignore the knot of discontent within his stomach. He had seen his mother fall further away from his father; he had seen what had developed between them fall away as ash and dust into the hungry and ravenous tide – so different, at the core. His father could not be what his mother sought, and his mother could not chase away the shadow of doubt from his eyes. 

He is left wondering if he is destined for the same heartache. 
       He is left wondering if the same uncertainty in his own heart is the same that Magnus had felt with Ellyse.

Was he enough?

He does not want to lose her; he does not want to let her slip like granules of sand between proverbial fingers –

Can he be what she desires, beyond the heat of his kiss across the column of her neck, or the warmth of his body coiled around her own once the sun has fallen beyond the horizon? She is reaching higher, and higher, but he has never craved power, and he does not understand the desire. Still, Circinae is a part of him, she carries a piece of his heart with her, and so he would stand beside her, against whatever force might resist her might – would it be enough? 

In the end, he is lonely for her, but he is careful not to stand in her way. She is striking, charming, desirable, and sociable; he can only watch with admiration as the depth of her affection for those she loves deeply becomes a higher purpose for her, knowing that she is striving for victory – for triumph, and he would never expect any less. When he does find her alone at last, he cannot suppress a smile from tugging at his pale lips, as his hazel gaze traces the delicate curve of her hip from behind his two-toned forelock. His heart hums against the confinement of his rib cage, drawing him closer to her, to where his mouth presses a heated kiss along the curve of her spine, trailing up to the tousled indigo tresses that lay haphazardly over her viridescent neck.

His teeth rake slowly along the ridge of her neck, tasting her pulse within her throat before placing a warm, affectionate kiss to the crease of her jaw, and then to her cheek, while his feathers bristle in delight at the sensation of her feminine physique against his own. 

”I miss you,” he confesses softly, as the jagged edge of his insecurity is made known to her, while the golden flecks of his eyes seek out the piercing blue of her own. ”I want you to know that I am here for you; that I couldn’t be prouder of you – but I miss you, terribly.”
    And if you ever change your mind and want to leave my love behind,
    Just let me be the second one to know.

@[Circinae]

Messages In This Thread
    don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-09-2017, 06:45 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 04:16 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
    RE: i won't give up on us. || circinae - by Canaan - 11-21-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: don't put my love on your back burner. || circinae - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM