• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? ciri
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

He is almost free (almost). Amet concentrates on the trees, the sand, the clear sky for the brief moments between his directional adjustment and Ciri's scathing, hardened tone. Anything but her, the source of his heartbreak. The gilded stallion is not surprised, though, when he isn't given the gift of solitude. When he doesn't get to avoid their conversation for another day. She throws his title in his face and Amet jerks his leather-plated head back to lock his gaze on the starry-eyed girl, amazed at the anger in her voice.

He doesn't find words right away ─ he is focused too intently on the rage in Ciri's scarred face, the swirling of her silver eyes, the stars that begin to descend on her. He thinks to reach his mind out to her, to dampen her control of the stars with his nihilism until he is certain he is not in danger, but no, he could never (would never) make her feel powerless like that. She is not a creature to be bridled or caged. And her inner storm is raging to show him just that.

Ciri's voice grows louder, her rage permeating from her silver eyes and her taut muscles. She nearly quivers as she screams HOW DARE YOU! and the dragon king is rising to meet her now, his own face twisted with anger. "How dare I? I give you my soul and you ask me to just be okay with shari ─" he is cut off as she hisses venomously again and he tucks his golden head to his chest, blunt teeth clenched together in pain and rage.

"I've done nothing," he retorts, but then he realizes what she is telling him, though slowly at first. Her sides have widened, her scarred back swayed with added weight. His mind flashes to their night in Sylva, joined in ecstasy beneath the golden trees. "What?" drops quietly from his lips, all anger ebbing into disbelief as he gazes on the daughter of the stars with widened amber eyes. Ciri's rage climaxes, exploding around them and pushing Amet back a stride.

She screams at him again, YOU BASTARD!, and the Akhal-Teke's anger comes back in an overwhelming wave, but it's laced in something else. He wants to close the distance between them, to celebrate their creation of life, to hold her close and intimate ─ he is confused in his emotions, raging and ecstatic and wanting all at the same time. "Is is how you tell me that I'm going to be a father? By calling me a bastard? I gave you all of me. All I wanted was you." he whispers at the starry-eyed mare, his chest expanding with his deep and anxious inhales.
    Amet

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 11-09-2017, 10:26 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 11-09-2017, 11:10 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 11-10-2017, 09:36 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 11-10-2017, 10:10 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 11-11-2017, 10:42 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 11-11-2017, 11:21 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 11-17-2017, 08:51 PM