• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any]
    Everything has led her to this moment.  Her destructive past had showed her who she really was.  Not a moment of it did she regret.  From her uncontrolled Blight as a child nor the way she harnessed her power in Hyaline.  It caused her to realize what mattered in life and that changing was the only way she could be truly happy.

As she journeyed to all the places and back - checking on each redwood seed - the catastrophe in Taiga was always on her mind.  Whatever had happened there was tragic and when she had curled herself into the nook of a standing redwood she had decided she would return later to help rebuild the forest.  Vowing to stay as long as itd take to get the land back on it's feet.  So now she travels once again to make good on her promise...

As she approached the edge of the territory she notices the wall that had allowed her in the last time was gone.  Ivory limbs pull her across the border easily.  Sienna eyes shift to find no strange creatures staring at her.  A thick haze hung between the trees.  Swirling away from her as her frame moved through it.  All was still and silent besides.  She moved with a caution that she often did not express.  Questions reel in her mind.  What had really happened here?

Her eyes graze over fallen tree after fallen tree.  Tiny sprigs of life beginning to grow from the nearly barren forest floor.  She moves towards an area of new saplings.  The magic within her seeping into the ground and coaxing plants in her wake to rise from the ashes.  She'd never be able to return the land to it's former glory but she'd do anything in her power to help...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Poopy starter... I blame it on the karaoke singers :|
    “Oh hello there.”

The mare with green-grass eyes stands amidst the fresh-birthed forest as if she had grown there, her cream legs like solid saplings, her mane and tail all stuck with thorns and tangles and brambles.

“It’s nice to meet you finally, Kolera.” her voice is as warm as the yellowy sunlight which dapples the ashy earth and catches on the clouds of fog around them. Of course, the silver mare has never met the girl before, has no idea of any past errors, crimes or mistakes… But the past is boring to look back on, like a series of likenesses through glass. The future is glowing, and bright, and often very bloody and violent, but always light. Maybe it’s just because nothing has settled into the dust-and-dirt of reality yet, it’s all still shifting and far from solid. Anastazja had seen her, though, as clearly as she sees her now.

Anastazja looks down at the small shoots of green Kolera has encouraged to grow again, springing forth through layers of burning, flooding and other (always other, with the fairies, they seem to get creative with their punishments).

“It’ll all come back, eventually. It always does.” She stands solidly, a testament to that very fact, a pillar of silver-cream and green speckled with dirt and ash and dried blood, as if risen from the forest floor itself. Of course, she is no spectre or apparition, and had made her way here on her own four legs. She had followed the scent of rabbits and birds who no doubt thought that these fresh growings were a feast put out just for them, a banquet especially for the small stem-eaters and nut-thieves. But of course where the prey goes, the predator follows, and soon puts them to rights.

“I’m Anastazja. Why are you trying to regrow the Taiga?” There’s no attack in her voice, only a childlike inquisitivity, a keen desire to discover.

ooc; sorry this is bad and html-less :| :| :|
    Just as her ebony lips caressed across the new soft needles of a pine her ears flicked to a sound beside her.  Flattening them to her skull and leaping forwards in shock, she twists her crown to view a golden equine.  Swinging her hindquarters away from the stranger.  Ebony tassels whip around as well.  Her mind is flooded with thoughts on how the other came to be here almost magically.  How had she not seen the mare approach her? 

The mares words are kind though so her ears perk forwards.  She smiles at seeing a friendly face before apologizing, "I am sorry.  I did not see you there. I'm..." The giving of her name is halted by the next words of the mare.  Questions begin forming on how this stranger knew her name, "I'm sorry but have we met before?" Her crown cocks in confusion.  Knowing very few equines in Beqanna and even fewer of this mares hue, she is at a loss for how her name is so easily spoken.

Sienna eyes remain locked onto the curious mare.  Seeming very at home in these forests.  She had only one purpose of being here and that was to encourage the forests to it's former glory.  The mare must sense her reason for being here as she comments on the very thoughts floating in her head. "Yes it will.  It has come far since I was first here," her view shifts to the landscape, only to be brought back by the strangers name and lingering question.  She sweetly replies, "It's nice to meet you Anastazja." The question Ana asks is not a hard one but she pauses before simply stating, "Because I can." 

Her eyes shifts again to the haze lifting now into the canopy.  She wonders who else might be in the land that she had not immediately noticed. Curiousity bids her to ask, "Have you come to make Taiga your home?"
    Kolera

No problem Smile @[Anastazja]
    The metal-and-cream woman with her tangled hair may be more wilderness than cultivated garden but she still recognises surprise when she sees it. The bay mare almost jumps out of her skin, and Ana tilts her head, otherwise standing as solidly still as possible. She had not intended to startle the other, but it had been a long time since she had attempted to interact with the horses of Beqanna and all thoughts of politeness and etiquette are buried beneath years of hunting, foraging and isolation.

She is trying though. Her keen green eyes are focused intently on Kolera, something that could possibly be interpreted as a stare if not for the smile softening the corners of her mouth. It feels unnatural on her face, but then, anything other than blood and wind feels unnatural on her face these days.

Kolera inquires as to whether they have met before, and Ana shakes her head, for ‘no’.
    “My apologies for confusing you. I have been keeping to myself mostly the past years, I forget you do not know who I am yet, or what I can do.”

Her father, one evening, had taken her to the the very edge of the Taiga, where the trees grow less thickly and taper off into sand… They had stood and looked out across the ocean, all caught with moonlight and twinkling like the stars. He had, very gravely, told her of the dangers of the world and she listened, but in the typical way of children paid no real mind to it. He had told her to be careful, to trust few, to stay closed-up and protected. It seemed like an entire lifetime ago now, back when she had a pack and a family to run and hunt with. They were all gone now, and there were none (or few) to mourn their loss. That’s what is what comes with being closed up and isolated - when the bad times come, and come they will, there is no-one to stand beside you. The thought of that night makes her feel light and melancholy, suddenly very empty. She does not like that feeling very much. She focuses on the conversation at hand. She does not want to waste precious time on the past.

Kolera answers that she does it simply because she can, and Ana nods in approval. There need be no other reason for it, for anything. Because I can, because I want to, because I want to feel things while I am alive. It’s too easy to get caught up in the heavy becauses, the flowery explanations, the dark backstories.

Kolera inquires as to whether she intends to make the Taiga her home, and she can’t help but laugh a little.
    “There is scant prey here. Barely enough grass for two horses. Staying here for any period of time would mean starvation. Perhaps in the future, though.” she pauses, softening her words with another smile. “I came because I was...curious, I guess. I was born here, I grew up here. It was a beautiful place, once.”

And now it’s a wasteland, a literal graveyard of everyone she had known and loved.

"But it will be beautiful again, I can see it."
    Being a wanderer much of her life she never stayed anywhere long.  Lately - since aquiring her new powers - there was more and more work to be done.  Equines of all powers casting their magic this way and that.  Destroying what is not theirs to destroy.  It saddens her to see forests burned, lakes poisoned, ground uplifted.  All for their selfish gains.  This mare though seemed kind.  A child of light, perhaps even something more.  Not many had the power to see the future and so she wonders what exchanged she had made with the fairies for such a gift.  No word of it is spoken though.  Just a twist of ear and kind smile.

When the silver mare answers of being from Taiga her smile fades to empathetic words, "I'm sure it will too.  I will fix it the best I can." Sienna eyes are bright with hope for the lands future.  Her eyes turn to the once empty space they were conversing in.  The ashy soil was giving way to a bed of fresh greens even in winter.  She could feel the strengthening rays of sun.  Which promised the change of seasons nearing.  The piles of frozen flakes melting into puddles of mud that were left caked onto the pasterns of those who past thru.  

She lifts her head high to view the distant horizon.  Scanning for the item she has come to check on.  Her instincts turn her to the right, "Would you like to come see what I have done here so far?" She was always willing to turn a stranger into a friend...  
    Kolera

@[Anastazja]
    Kolera's optimism warms her heart. "It's a shame." says Anastazja, lowering her head to lip at the fresh life shooting up from the earth briefly. She does not eat it, does not want to destroy the Taiga further. "Do you know what happened here?" She looks now, curiously, to Kolera.

"I used to live here with my family. My mum and dad and brothers and sisters. I don't know how much of Beqanna history you know. There was a big...event. It happened before I was born. The fairies got fed up of a couple of rulers squabbling and decided to destroy all of Beqanna. And all of the horses whose homes and security had just been ripped away were expected to go and beg for somewhere to live. Most of these horses hadn't done anything wrong.

Just like my mum and dad. Two of my big sisters almost died in it, too. But they were all expected to go and beg for safety and forgiveness. So they did. One of my sisters, who was no more than a child at the time, had the 'audacity' to question the fairies and what they had done. So the fairies decided to make it so that she could not enter the land given to my family. Made it so that every time she tried to use her powers, she would be in intense pain." She snorted here, frowning. "She was a child. They effectively removed her from the family. Stopped her being able to protect herself. Because she dared to be angry at the fact that they were all being unjustly punished - innocent adult, and innocent child alike."

She let that sink in for a moment. From what her father had told her, this hadn't even been the first incident. It had been her father's birthland first, the land that her grandparents had ruled, and her great-grandparents before them.

"The Taiga is the land our family were granted. It was very lovely once. And then... someone decided to try to take it over, and everybody who lived here didn't like that very much. So the fairies destroyed it. As punishment. For being invaded."

Anastazja looks at her friend. "You shouldn't have to fix this, because it never should've happened. None of it should've."