• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show Me Around Your Town[Dahmer]
    Waves of shock ripple thru her existence here.  Met with hatred and boiling blood.  She laughs at their efforts.  Like she cared what they thought of her.  Sylvian scum, she cackles at the label.  One could not be judged for where they called home.  Though she could be judged for throwing a child to their deaths.  She didn't blame the red stallion thoughts of her.  Perhaps she deserved it.  

Her other form traveled easily into the kingdom.  Leaving the two creatures in their hatred.  They may follow.  Trying to keep her from their lands.  Let them try, she thinks.  Her wings carry her small body to the volcanic cliffs rising against the azure skies.  Finding a crevice to shimmy into until the dark of night cloaks the kingdom...

-

A blanket of twilight begins to cover the islands.  What remained of the day was scarce along the horizon.  The luminous moonlight cast down onto the lands creating enough light for creatures to stir.  She looks out across the kingdom, switching her vision to seek out heat signatures.  Crawling from her crevice and above a rocky ledge.  Mousy colored wings grip onto the pumice like rocks.  Content to watch from her perch high above the mainland her ears twitch rapidly at every muffled noise.

The last she knew Dahmer had sported a pair of black wings.  Figuring she might find him patrolling the skies her eyes looked out across the open atmosphere.  She had so graciously given him a tour of her home so she figured he would oblige to giving her the same courtesy...

"Come out, come out wherever you are Dahmer," she whispers into the breeze.  A curl forming at the corner of her lips.
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call

@[Dahmer]
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer had been sure to request more patrols for Tephra's borders following the news from Ellyse that Offspring had burned nearly half of Sylva. And, as an added bonus, they are now home to a refugee of sorts ─ the one their former Overseer had burned the golden forest to protect. The black beast doesn't mind the additional responsibility. Instead, he has thrown himself aggressively into his work and has employed Smoak to assist with the expanse of the southern border.

So when Longclaw brings him the news of a Sylvan intruder, the blue-eyed beast knows he must take it upon himself to find the interloper even before the blue stallion tells him her identity. Her name doesn't surprise him ─ it's just like Karaugh to invite herself to the party and refuse to leave when asked. The news of her shifting abilities, though, does catch him off guard, and the Commander is thankful that he will not be forced to search for her from the ground.

The black beast had shifted into his avian form some time ago, soaring above Tephra in search for the buckskin mare or her bat-shifted form. Unfortunately for him, the volcanic island is large and the places to hide are many. Fortunately for the black beast, he knows his home even in the complete darkness.

The stars are bright tonight, floating in a cloudless black as Dahmer's raven form does the same. The air is humid and comfortable as it rustles his splayed wings and he can't help but leisurely dip and circle in a variety of the thermals he happens to fly through. When Karaugh's voice calls to him, the Commander chuckles into the night sky, pleased that he has happened upon her so conveniently.

"Karaughhh," he calls back to her playfully, circling the place that her voice had permeated from before lowering himself to the earth and folding his inky wings to his sides. The stallion grows and morphs, transforming back into his new wingless form, blue eyes searching the darkness for the buckskin Sylvan. "Feeling brave tonight, are we?" he chuckles into the night, hoping that Karaugh will reveal herself to him.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Karaugh]
    The heat radiating from the lava flows and volcanic mountain distort much of her view of the landscape.  Streaked in rays if red and yellow the lands looked nothing like they would to most other equines.  As she looks to the sky though it becomes dark from the lack of heat...

That is until a small bead of like is nearing.  It is quite small.  Too small for a horse with wings.  Her ears twitch rapidly as a faint rustle of feathers is heard approaching.  She is quick to dismiss it as simply a clueless pigeon.  It continued closer and when she had whispered his name into the breeze she was answered.  Shockingly by the black creature now shifting under her.  Her name is music to her own mousy ears and his accusations cause her to laugh.  

Leaping from her upwards position, she flies around him.  His body a mixture of bright hues through her vampire sight.  She darts left then circles back to his right.  "Where is the fun in playing it safe, Dahmer?!"  She smiles a fanged grin as she hovers before him.  Leathery wings beating swiftly.  

Beady eyes shift up and with a twist of her tiny body she shoots towards the night sky.  She had never been this far into Tephra and she had yet to see the proclaimed jewel of the land.  Banking left around the rock formation she calls out to the black stallion, "You gonna give me a guided tour... Or should I help myself?!" 

She waits a moment for him to come or go but she doubts the guard of Tephra will allow her such luxuries of helping herself to his lands.  Tucking her wings to her bat body she dives quickly before pulling sharply upwards.  On her turn of direction she shifts into her winged equine form.  Hooves clipping along the rocks as her wings gain momentum for the climb up.  Each push of air under the taut skin thrusting her farther up the mountain...

Almost to the top she slows.  The extra weight of her barrel making it harder for her to complete such demanding tasks with ease.  Finding another ledge of outstretched rock she perches herself upon it.  Waiting for her winged friend to join her...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call

@[Dahmer] <3
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Don't say I'm out of touch with this rampant chaos; your reality.
    I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge.
      Her thick alabaster wings flex as she arrives, shaking her bristling feathers free of the sparse leaves and twigs that have found themselves tangled within them from a journey elsewhere, far beyond the shoreline. The sun is lost to the rising of the wayward moon, and yet the vivid colors of sunset still caress the distant horizon, illuminating the churning ocean tide in a glow. She had searched far and wide for the one whispered to be a trespasser; intruder. Invader.

Karaugh is none of these things, not to the iron Queen. She cares little for mindless, pathetic games played by one feigning strength, by a wolf cloaked in sheepskin. Her purpose, to terrorize, is thinly veiled, and Ellyse does not have the time nor the patience to dance with her. Ellyse is not concerned; merely annoyed at best. Karaugh is no threat. Dismay is what her presence is met with – not shock, nor surprise.

Disdain, distaste, dismay.

Her gaze searches the sullen darkness of the descending nightfall, as the soft bristling of her feathered appendages tuck along her barrel and brush along the broad rib cage of Dahmer. She had been told of her presence long before by those who had attempted to intercede, when the sun was still high in the sky and bathing the dry grassland in its vivid splendor, but Karaugh had hidden - oh so clever, she is, wicked and wry, but Ellyse would have the last laugh.

Karaugh is fluttering, flapping frantically (fat little thing, she is – broad and supple with child, she supposes, or merely obese) toward the monument centered on the island. The air is slowly thickening with each passing moment as the volcano is awakened, pluming thick clouds of smoke into the otherwise clear atmosphere. As if it sensed the tension. As if it knew trouble hung below.

Her shoulder presses against Dahmer’s, as the golden flecks of her hazel eye seek his own, a glacial blue. ”Would it be too much to ask of you to knock her into the volcano? Or must I pluck her fickle little wings off of her myself?”
    Ellyse
    (The nightmare) I built my own world to escape

@[Karaugh] @[Dahmer] @[Levi] - I had to just wing it with pregnant Karaugh flapping around all over the place, lolol.
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    "While I commend your commitment to having fun," he calls to the bat shifter playfully, "Tephra is, perhaps, a good place to play it safe." the black stallion falls into silence, though amusement plays across his branded face as his azure eyes search the darkness for her. Karaugh makes herself known when she wants to, a fang-riddled grin suddenly hovering near his face for a brief moment before heading skyward. She circles him in the air, coy and playful even in her heavily pregnant state.

Karaugh calls back to him as she climbs higher, drawing a snort from Dahmer, though he remains earth-bound for the moment. "How about you come back for a tour in the morning? You know, when we can see everything," he grumbles to the bat shifter as Ellyse, his champagne lady, appears swiftly at his side. Dahmer leans into her briefly, reveling in the confidence and assertiveness that hums beneath her skin. Warm laughter rumbles in his chest at her clipped tone and the black beast nudges her golden cheek gently with a dark muzzle.

"Don't say it like you wouldn't enjoy the task, kitten," he whispers privately to her before giving Ellyse a wink with a bright blue eye. He moves a stride away from her ─ "be right back" ─ and then forward, his obsidian frame shifting swiftly into that of a flying raven, wings outspread as he takes off after the struggling Karaugh.

"Down from there," he swoops closer to her, beady blue eyes watching her closely, "And don't make me say it twice," he adds with quiet laughter.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ellyse] @[Karaugh] @[Levi]
    Watching from the perch she lands upon on the side of the rugged structure, she is amused when another heated object drops from the sky and alongside the black stallion.  Shifting on her ebony limbs to view the pair.  They converse something before the black beast shifts into his other form.  

She grins as she turns her sooty crown to watch him fly near her.  Demanding words of her to comply.  "As you wish," spreading her lengthy wingspan on mousy taut skin.  Leaping from the perch her wings beat against the warm, humid air.  Banking left she rounds the peak of the fire mountain.  Each thrusted effort bringing her back to look across to expanse of the kingdom.  

One eye remains trained onto the two red-yellow figures, while the other looks for a patch of earth to land upon.  Staying clear of any lava streams, she lands easily on four hooves.  Soon after she has steadied herself she shifts her wings and fangs away.  Returning to her natural state.  Nape twists to view the area and wait for others to join...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call

@[Levi]
    Take a bite
    If you dare

Offspring's son had always had an eye for patterns, and Ellyse's flight stood out to him as somehow different - intentional, searching. She wasn't just keeping an eye on things like usual. Now, she was hunting.

He wanted to be there for the kill. 
    As so, he had followed easily enough - her pale form in the sky his guiding star. 
    He hadn't troubled to try to hide himself from her, and if her search was only for her child or lover, he would turn and leave them be. But she had led him to something far better, something which broke up the tedium of pacing Tephras sandy borders. 

He is hard to miss- tall, dark and on fire. But the small group seems to be preoccupied. His flaming mane in little more than a shimmer along his crest and his long tail glows a deep red-orange. As the black raven-stag flys off in pursuit of the intruder, Levi takes his place beside his fathers chosen Overseer. 

"Maybe I should burn her wings off for you instead?"  He gives her half a grin as his mismatched eyes search her one good eye. "I always heard it was better for Queens to have their underlings do the dirty work," he wasn't too high above dirty work. 

From her, Tephra's Queen, he constructs an unspoken cue. After hearing her aside (command?) to Dahmer, he doesn't bother to worry about stepping over any diplomatic red lines. The distaste on her face is easy to read.

Finally, the precarious, flitting thing lands and with a grunt of satisfaction Levi sends his flames to her. A small thread of brilliant red unravels to draw a circle around the heavily pregnant intruder, just far enough away as not to burn her. The thread shimmers flexs if she moves ready to become a dome if she sprouts her devil's wings or tries to escape. He would let the Queen have her say, the buckskin wasn't going anywhere until she told him so. 

He was sure the former Head of War was capable of detaining an intruder herself, but now was a good of time as any to make his usefulness known to her - by actions rather than words. 
    Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[Ellyse]
    [Image: BQLevipagedoll-DONE.png]
    Don't say I'm out of touch with this rampant chaos; your reality.
    I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge.
     ”You know me too well,” she murmurs with an uptick of a wicked smile, drawn to her lips like the sudden burst of a flickering flame. She would find enjoyment in plucking her delicate, feeble little wings off her body, but she cared little for the chase. She would wait until she became tired, weakened by her own depleted energy and the burden of whatever spawn she carried inside of her. Perhaps that made her more of a scavenger than a hunter – and perhaps she preferred it that way. The pleasure would be had either way; she would not depart from the volcanic island unscathed.

Dahmer is gone before she can say another word – if he were not, he might see the way she becomes flustered at the affectionate (and sexually charged) nickname. He is gone, fleeting into the blackness of nightfall, his broad wingspan spread across the obscurity of a hazy sky. She is reminded then of the ravens that had plucked away at her eyes, her open, gaping wounds – and thus, his raven shifting. She is reminded that the diamond imprinted onto his forehead, a brand carved by a malevolent, merciless god – and thus, her diamond armor. Tying him to her, and her to him.

It does not stop the shudder from creeping down along her spine at the sight of him, reshaped into the watchful, beady eyed avian creature. The only semblance of solace are the pair of cerulean eyes, reminding her always that he is beneath the feathers and brittle bone and hardened beak, and not the monstrous assailants in another world. Another place.

Her quiet reverie is broken by blistering, hot flame – it does not touch her, but the heat alone is enough to rouse her attention, as her hazel eye focuses on the shimmering flame flickering along the crest of his broad neck. Levi, the son of Offspring. A deep, rumbling chuckle is pulled from her chest at his gentle jest, as a smirk hides away within the corner of her pale lips. She is not at all like Offspring – he and she shared similar ideals, perhaps, but each of their handling methods were .. different. She is left wondering if he might know that, if he might see it as a strength, rather than a weakness.
    She would do what he would not.

She would set fire to what she had to, where he longed to quiet the flame.

”That would be quite a sight, though I have always been an underling myself, and I happen to like the dirty work.” she muses, studying the strong, handsome features of his face. She has been around long enough to have seen him become what he has. Once lost, unsure of his place, reckless and careless. He is no older than her first son, Canaan, and though she does often keep to herself, she is ever watchful – certainly so of the wayward son of the once-Overseer. He had potential. She quietly wonders if he knows it.

But she does not need to tell him what to do. He can see it within her eye; he can read her so easily.
      So few can. She is impressed, and intrigued.

She moves forward effortlessly, to the dancing fire enveloping the intruder, while her own gold-laced eye glimmers with delight. She has never had any patience for insolence, but she is quite fond of pageantry.

”You will not be going anywhere,” she calls out to Karaugh over the raging inferno, her feathers bristling as the fervent heat of the fire washes over her. Her eye searches the illumination for Levi, tracing his broad jaw and heated gaze with her own. ”Levi, keep her. Bound her, burn her into ash, do what you will. I’ve had enough of her wandering Tephra unscathed. Show her why she should not do so again.”
    Ellyse
    (The nightmare) I built my own world to escape

@[Karaugh] @[Dahmer] @[Levi]
    When she has landed back upon Tephra soil her view trails back to the grouping.  Heat signature vision places a third figure.  This one almost pure white.  She has lost track of the Raven shifter and the overseers body melts into the heat of the newcomer.  It is almost blinding brightness so she does away with her vampire vision.  

Just as she does a sphere of inferno is barreling at her.  Ebony legs dash her to the side as it ignites a circle of flames around her.  Trapping her within a wall of heat and flame.  The wings she had shifted away return.  Fanning at her sides to dull the effects of the flames on herself.  The direct upward flight required to escape would only be possible if she wasn't heavied with child.  At least in this form...

With a flash of devious grin she shifts completely into her alter form.  Darting quickly towards the sky.  She would have narrowly escaped if the fire magician had not foreseen it.  A dome of flames capping off her exit.  Her beady eyes narrow on the approaching figures.  Over the roar of fire she hears the cream mare speaking indirectly to her.  Morphing back into the golden buckskin to stand staring thru the wall at those on the other side.  They were quite satisfied with themselves weren't they?

Dark auburn eyes trail from the mare - who is commanding the other - to the flame licked stallion.  His frame blends into the rising flicker of lights around her.  A matching ember in his eye as he looks upon his captive toy with what could be taken as a satisfied grin.  She matches with a mischievous grin of her own.  Waiting for what he does next...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call

@[Levi] Dahmer ok'd his skip so we can move along Smile
    Take a bite
    If you dare