• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

are you in or are you out? [anyone]
    The winter is blistering on Beqanna's mainland and with each step Kelsie finds his well muscled legs sinking into a few feet of snow. It's been a long and tiring journey from Ischia, and deep down he feels it. His grumpy nature is clawing from deep within and slowly bubbling towards the surface. It was time for him to be out and about, doing what had been suggested, but he was finding it harder and harder by the moment. Used to the warmth of the tropical islands, his short haired coat is hardly enough to keep him warm from the snowy landscape that now surrounded him. And before he knew it the sky was once again splitting open, slowly dropping the delicate flakes of snow towards the surface of the earth.

The first that is noticed lands on his nose a for a moment he comes to a stop, his dark eyes rolling towards the sky in slight annoyance. "Stupid snow," He mutters to himself, a soft growl tracing along with his voice as it splits into the silent air that surrounded him. Slowly looking down he watches across the meadow, ready to find someone he can chat with and spread the word about his home to. He had never done this before and he hopes he can do it right and prove himself to the rest that he was taking things seriously. It was about time he stop being such a snot anyway. At least, for now.

ooc: Short and no html for now Sad Sorry guys.
    “What did the snow ever do to you?” Vlx wondered, munching thoughtfully on a strip of bark he had pried from the tree he was still leaning against. He eyed the stranger, sizing him up, then pushed away from the tree and took a few stiff steps towards him; the snow crunched noisily underhoof, the smell of frost hung thick in the air, and the cold bit like an enraged bitch—but here was a silly horse from an obviously warmer climate, clearly out of his element and blaming nature for his shortcomings.

“Name’s Vlx…” the black stallion told him, grinning; he said nothing more for a minute or two, allowing the buckskin male to offer his own name in return, if he felt so obliged, before going on. “What, pray tell, brings you to these parts? Especially during this…” he paused again, considering his next words carefully—unnecessarily so, but still. It paid to be polite. “Lovely time of year.”

[Short and sweet! <3]
    "What did the snow ever do to you?" The statement was straight forward and without much thought Kelsie's head turns towards the stranger, his eye catching sight of the black colt. For a moment he studies the new face, watching him push away from the tree and head towards him. The sound of snow crunching underhoof and the way the air stands still makes him shiver slightly. "I like the weather," he grumbles quietly. "I just don't like being cold." With a slight shrug of his largely muscled shoulders the stallion looks out across the snow covered meadows. "My home is warm all year around. So I'm not used to this."

It's the first time he's referred to Ischia as home and it surprises him though before the surprise can etch it's way across his features the other is talking - no - introducing himself and his attention is torn towards that. "Vlx, huh? That's an interesting name." For a moment he grows silent, a soft pause if you will, floating between his words. "I'm Kelsie, It's nice to meet you." With ease he follows the conversation, soon keeping up with the others questions. "Oh, well you see, my home has a new leader and she sent us out here to let the word out. Her name is Circinae and it looks like she is trying to breathe new life into the island kingdom of Ischia. While doing so she has opened up the opportunity for others to earn a position as ruler when she is ready to step down."

It's all new to him, this leadership stuff. Where he came from Kings, Queens and Keepers didn't exist. Simply Alphas that led the herds. So as he speaks of it his words are simple and prove such. He can't very well be well described when he doesn't fully understand what is going on, right? "She would also like us to invite whomever we come across back to visit our home," again he pauses, "If you'd like to stop by, our weather is much better than it is here." Glancing out of the corner of his eye, he lets his gaze rest on the others. "Unless you'd like to stay here in the snow, then that is alright too."

@[Vlx]
    Vlx snorted to cover his laughter, a billow of warm breath rose from his nostrils in the form of mist; smaller, less concentrated puffs followed, and he tried his best to ignore them. They almost made him feel like a dragon. Or something. “No one likes being cold—we just learn to ignore it here on the mainland,” he replied, though he had the added bonus of a shaggy coat to keep him warm. He wouldn’t have been caught dead here otherwise. No point in making himself miserable, you see. Not on someone else’s behalf.

“I’m not much for ruling, but that’s nice,” Vlx admitted, though he bore a peculiar resemblance to his father and had more bite in him than he let on, the idea just didn’t appeal to him. Not yet. Then again, he hadn’t found a proper place to call home and Meadowgoers and the like didn’t seem like the sort to take kindly to someone trying to boss them around. They would laugh his ass straight out of the Forest and the Riverlanders would probably do something silly, like try to drown him.

“But when you put it like that…” he mumbled, motioning around at the snow with a jerk of his head. “I could do with some warming up; thaw out my bones a bit, maybe, then come back here later to freeze off my dangly bits.” The black stallion did his best to keep a straight face, but his resolve was cracking—maybe it was the weather and good humor kept him warm, maybe he was just in a bit of a mood to be making jokes.

Did it matter?

“I won’t be staying, but I’ll come have a look around,” he said, slinking ahead of the other male before stopping. “You… might wanna lead the way.”
    I'll post this response in Ischia Smile @[Vlx]