• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Brand New world brings along alittle soul
    After walking for what seems like years She stops at the edge of a clearing before making her move. There was a reason why she was cautious. Something very dear and special to her. She slowly stepped out into the open meadow. Sniffing and smelling the air, there doesn't seem like any dangers. She nickered behind her to keep what was behind her hidden until she called him. This was something new to her, being on her own and coming with baggage. She wanted to keep what was dear to her safe. She walked towards the center of the field, looked around some more. Then whinnied softly to the hiding baggage in the weeds. Out pops a tiny brown foal with white stockings and blaze. He was only a few weeks old. So he was still tiny watching him coming out; she watched as he came to her they walked towards the stream and got a drink. Mishka explored the water as his mother drank. Staying pinned at her side, watching her every move.

Latara went and found some shade under a tree where her son can rest after a long journey for such a youngster. Mishka chased after his mother until they hit the tree. He played around her alittle, before settling in for a good meal. Swishing his little tail as he drank the lovely velvet taste of food. His mother grazed as he ate, okay Mishka that's enough time to rest now. Come and lay down she asked of him. The young colt did as he was told and laid at her feet. Curling up and closing his little eyes. Taking in the sounds of distant birds and water running. Until he finally fell asleep.

She looked at her first born and it took her back to her first love his father. Who she missed a lot, her heart ached for him. But she must move on and find a new life for them. Someplace better, where he can grow into something wonderful. She started to day dream when she went back to the valley were she used to be where she meet her babys father. Until she was able to doze off alittle, but kept an eye on her youngster.
    She has been spending most of her time in the field as of late. The Chamber is too quite for her liking. Kavi has been busy with Pomona. She still doesn’t exactly get that, because the Chamber would always come first to her. Even over her son. But then again, her son was rather special in that he would choose the Chamber over himself too. Don’t take that that wrong though. She’d find a way to tear out the heart of anyone who harmed her son and bury it in the groun with Atrox if they touched him. She does love her son. Just not so obviously to all who looked. Erebor knew though, and that was enough.

Warship is busy being Eight’s minion. She owes the magician a debt as well, but she’s not his pawn. She’s not sure how she feels about that little bargain that Warship and Eight have. It makes him far less useful to the Chamber and far more useful to the Valley. She’s not sure she can have a general with forced alliances, but she hasn’t made any decision on that yet. Currently, it was really just her and Erebor and her new recruit Killdare in the Chamber. Shaytan had left, sadly. Probably for a place with more grass and bunnies. Though a shame, because Straia rather liked having another female around. She was endlessly surrounded by boys.  

Today, she spots a mare and her son. They seem to be relaxing, and for a moment she hesitates before going over. But they are in the field, so clearly they are seeking a home of some sort. Not the best place for sleep, though she does have a slight twinge of guilt for disturbing them. Still, it’s rare to be the first recruiter to approach, and she could use a female in the Chamber again. Too many boys could get to a girl after a while.

She nickers as she approaches though, announcing her presence so she doesn’t accidentally sneak up on them. Though she guesses a mother with such a young child is well on alert, even if she doesn’t necessarily look like it. But Straia means no harm. She’s large enough to be somewhat formidable, but she’s also delicate enough that she doesn’t immediately look like a warrior. Which is good, because she didn’t fight anymore. Diplomacy, despite her blunt nature, suited her better in the long run.

“Straia, from the Chamber.” she says, coming to a stop a polite distance away from the pair. She nods her head slightly in greeting, her brown and white mane swinging against her neck as she does. “May I ask your name?”

straia

queen of the chamber

Standing under the tree daydreaming, alittle but still keeping an eye on her little one. Who needed the rest more then she did. She wanted a family that would take them in and shield them. She wanted her son to grow up right and learn good values and become a good leader one day. But he was only weeks old and he had time for all of that. Her ears flick around and hear a nicker coming from a distance. She turns and face the direction it was coming from. She sees another of her kind approaching, she didn't sound threatening, but she was a new mother with a very young baby and wasn't taking any chances. She stood between the stranger and her son. Snorting at her alittle, this stranger mare introduced herself as Straia. She had kindness in her voice, she changed her stance so not so rude. My name is Latara, she stepped aside, and this is my son Mishka. She nickered for her son, he instantly woke up alittle sleepy from his nap.

He stood up on is new and woobly legs beneath him. He came and stood by his mother, he was still alittle shy around strangers yet. He was only weeks old and didn't now much about communication to others besides his mother. Mishka looked at the stranger and with a very soft speech H.. Hello he said alittle shy. They had traveled a long ways and didn't want any trouble. They were just looking for home. She approached the strange mare. Please we mean no harm I was just letting my son rest alittle before moving on looking for a home.

cezary

Cezary leaves his new home at daybreak. He spreads his tawny wings and takes off, enjoying the new day more than really trying to get anywhere. He is well-acquainted with the sky, perhaps more so with the clouds than with the trees. But, eventually, he must land, and he knows it. He lands in the Field gently, tucking his wings to his sides.

Now, the Field, he is well-acquainted with. The grassy land of the homeless, a place of opportunity, hope and occasionally despair. It's not exactly the safest of places, but its something that most horses find they have to be in at some point.

It's a mare and a young foal that catch his attention and he watches them for a little while; watches the way he bounds around playfully. Foals are always such delightfully amusing little people, and perhaps someday Golden Plains might hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet... but that's a thought for another time. They settle off to sleep, and he watches as another mare approaches them, engages them in conversation.

Well, it's now or never. The pegasus makes his way over to them, his brown eyes glowing with their typical warmth as he approaches. "Hello, I'm Cezary," he says, the Spanish accent softening his words. He tilts his head in greeting to all three. "I could not help but notice you all," he says. "If it is a home you are looking for, may I offer you mine? It is Golden Plains, and its rather beautiful. Please feel free to ask any questions."

As she was talking to the mare that had approached her. She did not see another come up behind her. This one had a different smell, this was a stallion. She turned her head and noticed he was too close to Mishka. She turned in a flash, snorted and pinned her ears back to her neck. Coming between her son and this stranger. She didn't know if he wanted to hurt them or what his plan was. Usually stallions killed strange foals. She wasn't taking a chance. Her multi colored pelt stood firm between this stallion and her foal. Her son was too young to defend for himself. And it wouldn't take much for something or someone to do bodily hard to him. Latara snapped at this strange stallion. First off your too close to my son, she snarled. Second of all, how do I know your not going to kill my son? Her son ment the world to her.

He was her only born from her first love that was killed. Mishka was the closest thing she had to his father. The sad memory of losing him sell was a strong memory in her mind. She shook her head trying to escape those memories. She was looking for a home but wanted to make sure it would be the right home. And a place where my baby would be safe. That's was the most important, she would starve or die for him. As long as he was happy and strong she would be happy. She had a lot to learn of being a mother. What is the purpose you seek Cezary? that you have shown your presence here to me?

cezary

He hadn't even noticed that he'd been standing too close, but he rectified his mistake immediately. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise." he said. He had thought he had been standing an appropriate distance away, but she obviously had different boundaries to him. He'd have to check himself to make sure he didn't intrude on their personal bubble in the future.

"I'm not a baby killer," he said, slight confused. If he gave off homicidal vibes, its certainly not his intention to do so. Although he's not surprised that she is worried about her son, he would be too in a strange place with horses you don't know all around. But the pegasus is hardly the most threatening of horses. "I think they're pretty cute."

"I come here only to find horses who may be interested in joining me. I certainly mean no harm." It's the reason most horses were here, it was probably the reason the other mare was speaking to her too. "The Field is the place for the homeless, please excuse me if I have offended you by approaching you. I didn't mean to. I can leave, if you'd be more comfortable that way."

It would mean a wasted journey for him, but there would be no point inviting a mare to live with him if she wasn't going to be happy with it.

OOC: Latara speaks in read and Mishka her son talks in blue.

She listened to what he had said. His voice seemed genuine and kind. Unlike most she has come across. Wait.. she said after a sigh. Im sorry, im just trying to protect something dear to me. And I kinda new at it. She stepped closer to him. Wanting to know more about what he had to offer. She nickered to her foal to come up and meet this stallion. The colt came out from behind his mom. Stood starring at him, not sure what to make of him yet. His mother was the only one he's ever known besides the other horse over there.

Latara nudged her foal forward. Well don't be rude my son say hello. She looked at the stallion that stood before her, this is Mishka hes two weeks old. Mishka stood and looked at the strange creature. H.hello Cazury.. I.. am Mishka he was too young to really know how to say his name. She was able to put her guard alittle but not a hundred percent. She looked at this stranger before her wondering about his wings. It was strange to see a creature such as herself to have them. He approached his side. Sniffing and nibbling on his wings. Wh.what are you? she said curiously. She has never seen someone like this before. Was it contagious would her son catch whatever he had? She watched as her son circled the strange stallion. Almost like trying to figure him out for himself. I think my son as found you interesting as well she giggled. She stepped back from the stallion giving him space. Didn't want him to think he was closing in on him. They were just curious about him. Can you fly with those? So are you a bird or a horse?
    The mare is quick to position herself between Straia and her son. Straia isn’t offended. She supposes this is what normal mothers do. Her son, on the other hand, had wanted to be apart of the world from the day he was born, and as such she never stopped him. Not that he left the safety of the Chamber until he was slightly older (though by some standards, not old enough). She did what she could to protect him, but she couldn’t ever recall standing in front of her son either. But Straia realizes she’s not really all that typically, as far as mothers go.

She smiles at the mare. “Ah, I mean no harm either. I have a son of my own, and I’d kill anyone who tried to hurt him.” She rolls her should in a shrug, as if this is normal. And really, this is normal. Because it’s only a few seconds later when a stallion approaches and the mare goes on guard. Straia’s grin widens slightly as she watches the mare snap at him, and eventually simply adds, “Yea, something like that.”

But the stallion is no threat at all, and the two begin to chat. She stays silent, simply watching, suspecting that this mare would be better off with a stallion like Cezary than in the Chamber. Not that she didn’t have enough bark to survive the Chamber, but rather because they looked like they could use the type of family Cezary could offer. The Chamber’s family was a bit more different.

“This is the place for the homeless,” she says, echoing the stallion. “My own home is one of the kingdoms here, called the Chamber. It’s a bit different than a traditional herd, with an army and a peace caste. You can gain promotions with hard work, or simply live there if you wish. If it sounds like something you might like, you can come and see, and leave if you don’t like it. Hell, I’ll even walk you to Golden Plains myself if that’s what you decide. But I realize it’s not the right life for everyone.” Then she falls silent, letting the mare do with that information as she will.

straia

queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission