• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Claim, with Lye

cezary

Is that a hint of sarcasm he detects on this young lady's tongue? He grins widely at this. "Well it's always nice to get an unbiased opinion," he comments. He's hardly lacking in self-esteem, perhaps too caught up in his daydreams to even consider such a thing as feeling insecure about himself. It's never occurred to him, to feel anxious or worried about how others perceive him - perhaps it is his mother's strong upbringing, her take-no-prisoners attitude, her lack of desire to please others that makes him this way. He is unashamedly himself, and he always has been.

"You're fine, Lye," he reassures her easily, not lingering on her apology, knowing that if he does she would most likely feel awkward or perhaps even embarrassed about it. No, better to just gloss over it s oshe doesn't feel self-conscious. The way she speaks does not bother the buckskin stallion, he finds it endearing, entertaining and very different. It's nice to speak of bigger things than what Fluffy did, or whatever.

"Playing alone is never fun." he grins. "Come with me." He doesn't fail to pick up on those flashing orange eyes, the way they seem to jump with hungry flames at his words. So she is not so adverse to a bit of adventure, after all.

He turns and trots briskly away, knowing that she will be following him, his orange-eyed shadow. He takes her to a herdland he has crossed many times in his life, a place he finds beautiful every time he does so. When he reaches the edge of this land, he turns to the mare. "Golden Plains." he introduces her to the land, motioning over it with a sweep of his dark nose.

Their home. Their future. But most importantly, their present. It is blank and open, just waiting to be made.

ETA; I was gonna post a new post xD But this works just as well.

this is what i brought you, this you can keep
    this is what i brought, you may forget me
    i promise to depart, just promise one thing
    kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep

____A blank page ready to fill with words, quill at the ready, but an unsteady hand and a mind with meagre thoughts never knows where the page will go, where the story flows. Lye had predicted a destiny for herself the moment she was born (aided in her mother's unjust hate for her) she had known from a very early age that she was unwanted and never to be anything more than a shadow slipping through time, and such would be an endless venture for the immortal mare. But she chased away those thoughts now, watching the golden steed with a steady and keen eye, she was silent, simply listening, simply admiring. It was, after all the longest she had spoken with one of a beating heart and living flesh.

____She says nothing, but follows his lead; a wayward shadow that does not leave his heels, she is obedient and loyal by some bloodline within her (she was pretty sure it wasn't from her mother) and it comes automatic to the black mare, even if slightly strange. Halloween eyes follow him close, they stare, they notice things in him that she had not noticed at first glance. and the more she studied, the more she felt a tiny thread weave them together, even if it was just a simple thing such as a herd leader, a friend, a confidant for the future, she was unsure, but there was a similarity in him that they shared, she could feel it.

____The Field changed immediately, their walk harboured no ill and they kept a steady flow of silent yet comforting company. She listened as he spoke, her ears adjusting, consuming his voice, storing it in her memory vault. She hoped, her little heart within hoped so very much, that this was a permanent thing. Not like a sister who disregarded kin so easily, not like a mother whose first glance was not of motherly love, but despair. She hoped, oh Little Lye did surely hope, that this would be different.

____"The Golden Plains." her voice ignites her lips, turning into a quaint little smile, almost inelegant and graceless as he wobbly hind action. She trots, an errant jog just slightly ahead of him, her neck craning upward so that her head angled to see the soaring plains. Summer's breath was already here, the grass soft and bouncy beneath her feet, the skies a cerulean glow. she then turned back to him, a slight tease in her voice, but which harboured a kink of sorrow, like some chink in shining armour.

____"It beats the loneliness of The Beach, by far." her voice turns into a hoarse whisper, ears lying back momentarily as she caught vivid shifts memory collecting in her foresight. She shook her crown, her matted ebony mane falling in rivulets along her neck, she turned back towards Cezary, her muzzle low, her orange eyes meeting his, she extends her nose and lightly presses it against his cool yet warm skin. feeling a heart beat reverberate through him, it sends a comforting chill through her.

____"Thank you, Cezary. You've given me something that no one else has ever. You've given me a chance. Thank you." she does not dwell for too long on the sorrow in her voice, she smiles, the sort of broken girl smile, and then nips a light mess of his mane and canters off, reaching the little knoll, her eyes surveying the rolling plains. green. green as far as her eye could see. She laughed then, a strange sound did not seem right coming from her lips, but she turns back to the buckskin steed and calls to him, "I would suggest a race, but I couldn't beat you with those." she motions to his side, adorned wings just like her sister. but it seemed different, somehow. he did not flaunt, not like Nyryn, look down at her from the skies with a jeer on her lips and a glimmer of spite in her eye. Lye was different. she was doomed to walk the earth eternal, until her beating heart decided to end. Looking at Cezary, it made flutters consume her, her heart began to beat again, a frenetic little rhythm that made her feel alive again.

Lye,

the orange eyed, immortal daughter of busted & locket, who wears her heart on her sleeve in golden plains, with, cezary

cezary

He watches her with an amused smile as she ventures ahead, to see the view that he has already seen countless times. It'll never get old, and he briefly considers catching up but he is enjoying his own view here - one of a black mare, happy, different as could be to the one he had first encountered in the Field. It was as if the sun shone through her skin in this moment as she reaches the top of the hill and turns back to look at him (he is caught unaware and his mouth is still slightly hanging open but he shuts this quickly enough). He catches up to her as she comments on the Beach.

"Yes, well, generally, the Beach is for death, not for lively creatures such as yourself," he comments, hoping to bring her at least a smile. She deserves to be happy. He doesn't know her past, he has not known her long enough to enquire about her past (he will let her do it in her own time, it is not up to him to pry her open like a shy clam, exposing her sensitive and raw nerves to the world), but he knows that she deserves to be happy. Everyone does.

Her nose presses against his shoulder and his skin shudders at first at the light touch, but it is soothing, soft. "I should be the one thanking you," he says with a gentle smile, whether she can see it or not. He will protect her until his last breath, he decides in this moment. He will never let anyone hurt her as badly as she has been hurt before. His land will be one of acceptance. He is just settling into this heartfelt moment when she nips at him and canters off, leaving him ever so slightly bewildered. Then he realises this game, and with a brief 'hey!' he chases her, stretching his legs across green grass, as a hawk circles above them and deer graze peacefully in the distance... He wonders whether this could be heaven.

He catches up with her eventually on a small knoll, choosing not to comment on her speed (he is only a little prideful...). "I won't use them," he says. "I promise." And with his wings tucked against his sides, he says; "THREETWOONEGO!" and he is off, running across the plains, not even caring that they haven't set an end point, not caring that he is acting like a child when there is business to attend to - it can all wait. All he needs right now is the wind in his face and Lye hot at his heels, and the world is perfect.

this is what i brought you, this you can keep
    this is what i brought, you may forget me
    i promise to depart, just promise one thing
    kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep

____Her joints were premaritally numb, cold with ice and rigid with wear. She hadn't moved with such passion riding her heels with a fervent flame, in so long. It felt strange, perhaps a little overbearing, but boy it felt good. Her thorn ridden mane, messed, tussled and knotted, rode the air in a torrent of raven black, her limbs willowy in the action, pull and push, pull and push, she is not as quick as she could be, there's a frozen action to her hindquarters, the scars tainting her otherwise flawless black body, memories and stories to tell around the ghostly midnight hour. perhaps one day, she would tell another the torment she'd had, perhaps one day the burden would not bear so much on her shoulders.

____Perhaps, one day, she would feel more than this.

____Cezary's flight reminded her of a steady hawk, his eyes were as studious, she'd noticed, and he had a regal look about him as he charged. She was flanking him then, her neck extending to propel herself further. Her right hind windmilled, her hock stiff and untimely in pace, but for now she ignored what she looked like, she ignored the thoughts that dashed good moments like this, she enjoyed this for what it was. Lye's orange gaze focused, kept tuned in on Cezary. She was pushing, pushing herself so hard, her nostrils gulped air, sucked in the warm summer heat, gasping. Her lips dry, throat parched, she clocked the pool of crystalline waters up ahead, the beautiful surround of trees. flourishing with summer blossoms. For a moment she felt nothing, for that glorious moment she was free from painful memories and ugly thoughts, and she pushed on past him.

____Perhaps she pushed too much, her legs gave way a little, stumbling here, tripping there, but she regained herself as gracefully as could be at such a furious gallop. She looked back, a mistake on her part, and saw he was coming up once more, still true to his word his wings were tucked regally by his side. Her head was thrown up then, a brief whinny, hoarse, sounding more like a gull's call than anything else. she pushed on, the lake coming up closer, closer, the waters looking oh so inviting to her dry throat (it would be a blessing to drink something not as salty, not as uninviting as sea water) Lye's back leg then gave way fully, her hock bending, fetlock arching in a strange angle, she tripped, her body skidding along the ground, her side scraping the grass beneath her, taking tufts of emerald green and moist earth with her, she skidded right to the water's edge, where she lay on her side for several moments in silence, her lungs gasping, her limbs shaking from such vigorous activity.

____Lye lifted her head then, looked back at Cezary, dishevelled, patchy with green stains and dust, a few scuffs here and long strands of grass laced into her mane, she may have looked a mess but the sound that came from her lips, was a sound that had never been heard. Like a caged bird never sings, Lye had never laughed with such joy, such passion behind it. The black mare then rolled, unsteady at first, she managed to get up the third time round, then made her way to the waters edge. Her body sticky, slick almost with sweat, her lungs still demanding air, but her throat, so parched, she dunked her nose immediately to the cool waters. She drank her fill and lifted her head, muzzle trickling with water droplets, she looked back at the buckskin steed with a steady eye.

____"Maybe it isn't too wise to do that to often. I forget, I'm getting older. Feel a bit rickety." her voice was calm, perhaps hauntingly so, but the glint in her eye that had stayed throughout the whole run, dimmed for a while, she knotted her lips in a slight frown, hoping he did not notice, she then surveyed the Golden Plains with a keenly interested eye, before slowly stepping into the cool waters. She needed something cold against her feverish skin. she dunk her head again, pushing and pulling the waters, a light hum in her voice, she looked back at Cezary.

____"This place is so beautiful, so tranquil. You have a keen eye for beauty, Cezary. A keen eye indeed." her voice smooth, soft, like shredded pieces of velvet and satin falling on the ground by her feet. she waded back towards the banks, the waters just past her shoulders, she outstretched her muzzle back up to the winged stallion. "That's better." she mused, shaking her head, droplets and mud, chunks of grass and more water flew from her face, her head and neck, and then, she smiled back at him with a smile that could light up the night, with eyes as bright as fiery embers.

____She felt she had finally found a home. She felt she had finally found the end to a loneliness that bore deep within her. And it was about time.

Lye,

the orange eyed, immortal daughter of busted & locket, who wears her heart on her sleeve in golden plains, with, cezary