• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Circinae and Brennen are of the old world, the last few that remain. Soon, only those who are chained by Immortality’s sinking weight will be the ones left with a clear vision of how Beqanna was, and then long after that such a vision will become a tale, and after that … a mythos.

Perhaps this is why Circinae had served in kingdom after kingdom too, never seeming to settle (try as she might.) There’s too much of the Chamber in what’s left of Taiga, and Hyaline had seemed as close to the Falls as one could wish for, but always there’d been something lacking, something just not right.

For her, it was missing the feeling of sand beneath her hooves. As Circinae stretches willing legs out to meet the shore, the sensation fills her with affection and remembered complacency. Ischia is beginning to feel more a part of her with every day that passes and she can only hope, as she slips up into the umber cover of the humid treeline, that the rest of her growing members can feel the connection too. They’d come of their own accord and that is the reason she suspects they stay - because this had been something they wanted, something they believed in.

Through the bends of tangled wood, over root and rock alike, Circinae winds with an easy familiarity. She’s kept to this land as often as she can and lately, she’d not been getting much sleep anyways. Coupled together her hard work had soon made a mental map for her to follow and she winds through the landmarks in her mind as she passes them, Twisted trees, Largest pond, and finally Winding stream; the most recent place she’s discovered.

It’s her intention to find its source today but upon reaching the pool of water that composed the streamhead, she finds with pleasent surprise that its already been discovered. A crashing waterfall sets the backdrop and draws countless birds to its source, though it seems as if the water has snagged a recluse Circinae has long been wanting to meet.

Brennen, the bay stallion who’d come unexpectedly to make Ischia his new home is standing picturesque in the scene; Circy eases slowly to where he waits. “Stunning.” She calls out, her voice a bit strained as it makes to outroar the power of the Falls. “Is this where you’ve been escaping to?” The Keeper teases lightly, trying to make sense of his vague coming and goings.

Circinae

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM