• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The chattering of the incessantly noisy parrots goes very briefly silent, heralding her approach, but it is only momentary before they start up again, just barely audible over the noise of the waterfall itself. The noise of the waterfall masks the sound of her approach, but it is this brief pause in the calls of their resident aviary that tells the bay stallion that someone is coming, but that it is someone they are familiar with. They are curious creatures, the parrots, but they do tend to stay quite quiet at the imminent approach of strangers. He tears his amber gaze away from the water when the sound of her footsteps are no longer masked, and is inexplicably pleased to see their Queen coming up, flashing her his quiet half-smile as he waits for her to come to him.

The first word is pitched loudly to carry over the din of water and winged creatures but she is close enough to lower her voice when she continues, the tone able to be light when she does not have to shout to be heard. "It reminds me of another time," he admits, letting himself step slightly closer so that he does not have to raise his voice at all. "Another waterfall." There is untold sorrow behind the solemn words, a hint of his age in his honey-brown eyes that isn't betrayed in the lines of his body which will never age. "A girl who loved that waterfall," he adds with a very short chuckle, because thinking of Neraza always makes him smile. He doesn't have to add, a girl who I loved because that is obvious from the way he speaks of her, to anyone who has known love. "I find myself falling in love with Ischia, in a way I have not loved a Kingdom since my world came crashing down and my Tundra vanished." he is honest with her, because he would want her to be honest with him. "It is nice, though, to have small reminders of what was in what is now." He looks again at the waterfall, and he can see the girl and her descendants dancing about its base - but they are only ghosts.

"What do you miss the most, about the old world?" he asks the serious question after a pause, turning to lock his gaze on Circinae because he is honestly curious about her answer. He finds more and more nowadays that most of his companions were foals, if not unborn, before Beqanna changed, and sometimes it is nice to take a moment with someone who knew the world before, even amidst trying to build a life in the here and now.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM