• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He has no expectations of her reply, well aware that she may miss the most one of the Kingdoms he is least familiar with, so he is relaxed and curious and ready when she begins to speak: and still, he is caught by a jolt of surprise and ever-so-brief sorrow when the Kingdom she speaks of is the Deserts, because as she is describing what she remembers most clearly about the Deserts, Brennen can feel himself back there, remember the sun on his wings as he flirted with Morphine, and the endless stars above them when they lay quietly at night.

Another woman he loved, another Kingdom he loved because of its Queen, and another loss. Still, he mourned Morphine for many years and then he celebrated the time they had together instead. He loved her, but he does not miss her the way he misses Neraza; perhaps because they had less baggage between them. Just a brief, brilliant love affair and two bright daughters. “It was cold at night, under the stars,” he breathes the words, eyes flickering closed before he opens them again, focusing on Circinae and her question.

What does he miss the most? Oh, that ‘most’ makes such a distinction, and he takes a moment, considering, and thinking of the last place. His place. He loved a mare in the Falls, and he loved a mare in the Deserts; he misses both places and he dreams about them, and about the women he loved and their children, as well as the other women he didn’t love but who graced him with children. But most? He loved his Tundra the most. “I miss the Waterfall. It was always a place of peace, a welcoming place. And I also miss the Deserts, and the feel of sand under my hooves.” He shifts, wishing this sand were just a little hotter.

“But I miss my Tundra the most. My Brotherhood, even when I didn’t always get along with them. It was so big, and everything was wide open and it was cold, but there was so much sky. Perfect for flying.” His wings are half-open, an unconscious motion, but he folds them again and gently changes the subject, easing them into the present. “What do you envision for Ischia, Circinae? Surely you have a dream for it, besides just handing it over to someone else when the time is right.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 11-19-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM