• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Father's Daughter [Any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He emerges from the trees with every intent of maybe taking a quick gallop down the beach, then possibly heading into the mainland to possibly do some recruiting, or something, but he is sidetracked by the sound of the waves crashing on the shore at high tide, and despite a normal aversion to swimming (wet feathers work about as well as one would think they do), the bay stallion walks out into the water until his knees are submerged, and then the cold water touches his barrel, and then his wings are spread, floating on top of the water, and he slips off of the ledge where the shore drops off and he swims in a wide circle before returning and emerging from the water, shaking off the worst of it and standing quietly, feeling peaceful.

It is at that time when the shadow of another pegasus covers him momentarily in shadow and Brennen raises his amber gaze to the sky to investigate. He recognizes the bay-and-green girl despite the height at which she is soaring, and though his heart immediately leaps into the sky with her, the stallion is grounded for now, until his spread wings have dried under the midday sun. Brennen is forced to wait and see if she chooses to come down to him; he supposes that he has a 50/50 chance...she is either coming or going, and there is nothing he can do to change it.

Content in that knowledge, he lifts one foot and settles into a relaxed stance, overlarge black wings spread out far and eyes closed to wait for something to change. He will hear Krone descend, or any others who choose to approach.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-17-2017, 08:30 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-19-2017, 11:28 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM