• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Father's Daughter [Any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The sound of air through feathers is as familiar to him as his own heartbeat. His childhood was full of feathers; he was raised from birth until nearly a year old by the ravens and he flew before he could even really walk. It doesn’t matter how long he has lived in civilization, it is the sky that he loves the most, and the birds who were his first friends. So he hears her coming to ground, and slowly blinks his eyes open, focusing on her as she preens quickly and then meanders in his direction, sinking into the sand with each step.

“I thought,” he drawls, “I should at least pretend to know what it is like for those who have to swim back and forth from the mainland.” A brief, laughing tilt of his head. “In case they ask, during recruiting. You know how it goes, they worry about the weirdest things.” The bay half-mantles his wings, feeling the dampness still beneath the very top surface, and then spreads them again as far as he can. He turns his honey-brown gaze from her to the waves lapping at the shore behind him and adds, “You would really have to love it here, I think - to be stuck here all but a few hours of low tide when it is possible for those who must walk to cross.”

He is thoughtful as he turns back to her. “How are you liking our new home, so far?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-17-2017, 08:30 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Brennen - 11-19-2017, 11:28 PM
    RE: My Father's Daughter [Any] - by Krone - 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM