• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Nayl, Djinni, Any

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Like the countless times before this one, Circinae dips at first one, and then the other hoof into the comfort of water so that she can summon a portal. Without a need for showmanship the act is instantaneous; sucking infinite loops of time and physical space could be taxing when drawn out and today, her purpose is strictly to be efficient. She still had plenty of ground to travel underfoot, anyways. Plenty of time for rest later.

Dusk is easing into the sky when she climbs through to the other side of her gate, this one located along the northeast offshoot from Hyaline’s mighty lake. Nerine is but a small distance from here - her green legs will have to carry her between a no-man’s valley in order for her to reach the southernmost border of Nayl’s land - but she doesn’t mind the travel so much. It’d been too long since she’d stretched her paws out in a brisk run.

As if in response to her notion, her body slides between skins and settles comfortably as wolf before she can leap away into the blue-dark of evening. Her steps fall into a familiar rhythm, the steady tempo of her rolling gait eating up more earth than she’d expected. The hazy blur of silhouetted landscape smooths out, exchanging a smattering of hills for open land that rises incrementally as Circy continues on. Finally, breathless and panting, she comes to a padding halt as the last few rays of sun can be seen disappearing into the West. It’s now that she opts to change back.

Sweat still marks her underbelly and neck, her nostrils are wide with exertion, but the pied mare gathers her senses and calms her beating heart before she’s ready to make contact.

Stars begin to pierce the night veil; Circinae raises an animated face to the wide expanse and calls out for a nearby inhabitant - she’ll be satisfied with anyone, though her goal is to reach Nerine’s steely Queen. “One can hope.” She thinks, settling into a comfortable position.

Circinae

@[Nayl] @[Djinni]
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    A life is given to the sand underfoot. A serpent generated by tendrils of magic seeping from her body into the bosom of Nerine. It breaches for a moment, blinking at her, before dipping back down and disappearing. It slithers underground to the southern border of the kingdom, swerving toward the sound of reverberating footfalls. Nayl, already venturing in that general direction, releases it into the world where she soon meets it with an incomer arriving at their metaphorical gates.

The serpent rises from the depths and slithers in a broad circle around Circinae’s feet before suddenly disintegrating as Nayl steps closer with her eyes lit with curiosity. ”Hello,” she offers in a mild tone, her shoulders rippling in a casual shrug as she settles comfortably beneath the dappled, winter sunlight. Nayl almost comments on the scent billowing around the mare like a flag, faintly recognizing Ischia as it clings to the pink lining of her nostrils. It has been years since she last paid a visit to the quiet island, but it appears she will no longer have a need for that. ”I’m Nayl,” she finally adds as a coastal wind tousles her locks. Most already know her – or at least of her – but she eludes the cockiness that typically weaves through voice.

With the kingdom weighing on her mind and with her disinterest in idle chat, the iron queen presses casually on. ”My daughter, Isobell, will be joining us,” because the future of their home will be in her hands soon enough, ”but what news do you bring from Ischia?”

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

@[Isobell]