• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and I'll shiver like I used to
    sweet as sugar, hard as ice.
    if you hurt me once, i'll kill you twice.

She can’t remember the last time that she encountered a horse that wasn’t born of Beqanna. Usually the field is filled with lost yearlings, runaways, or older bored creatures looking for a new start on life. Most of these tend to be looking to escape a devastation, a ugly secret, or a dark past. She doesn’t expect this mare to be one of those few that innocently stumble onto a new world, if anything she is expecting invisibility or some sort of camouflage to be the explanation for her sudden appearance.

Her emerald gaze sweeps over the creature in front of her. A damp steam rises from her body as the sweat grips her fur to her skin. is it a nervous sweat? If it is, it’s your own doing, the guilty remark echoes on in the back of her mind. Her lips thin in a line as she tries to understand this new comers’ predicament; but nothing comes to mind as an explanation for her behavior. Dropping the critical stare, she takes note of the offered smile, and even though Hestia hardly ever returns a smile she will still offer a nod of her head in acknowledgement to Raewen. Her tail flicks as her hind hoof cocks in her resting stance. She tries to soften her facial muscles; but most likely they remain hard and unyielding in their lack of use.

The voice seems to be going nowhere; it seems to be a symptom of her coming back from the dead. At least that is her dismissal of it. Though it could easily be her age, the stress could be breaking her psych, maybe its simply that as her long lived eternity nears its end this is her mind coming to grips with that. When the others nervous behavior ramps up and she asks about a farm; a flicker of surprise wafts through her soul most likely reflecting on her face for the moments it takes her to remember how others have come across from other worlds. Her ears quirk, and tail lashes her sides as she thinks for a moment. Raewen, there are no farms here. We are a free people in this land. She holds back the vile disgust as best she can when speaking the word farm. She doesn’t know much about the other worlds these creatures come from and most of what she does know she has forgotten as time has blurred her memory.

However, farms, people, and saddles were a few things that she could never forget. They were barbaric slavery come to life. She waits for the other mare to soak in her words, to come to grips and understand what it is that Hestia is telling her. Even this cold-hearted hag knows it takes time to understand when your world is being completely dismantled. You are in Beqanna, she says it softly; even if sympathy and comfort are things she has been lacking for a very long time. Hestia finds no reason to startle the creature further.

Hestia

@[Raewen]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 11-16-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Hestia - 11-19-2017, 03:53 AM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Hestia - 12-07-2017, 09:15 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to - by Raewen - 12-08-2017, 11:11 PM