• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When two streams meet and turn into a raging river.. - Ivar
    Nyka.
    A silver bay woman slowly walked onto the lands of Loess. Her nares lifted to the air stopping for a moment to figure out whos sent she caught onto. Locks of flaxen hair tossled in the spring breeze coming off the mountains around her. "Ivar? Could that be you after all these years?" the warm vocals of the dame spoke softly to herself. Her yellow blaze shone in the sun as she lowered her head.  Let's see if I can hunt you down.. She thought to herself as her coffee colored orbs scanned the terra before her. 

Her pistons suddenly fired and carried her hybrid, beautiful frame across the land, orbs searching. She had grown a lot since she last saw Ivar, and she was sure he did as well. She needed to appologize for leavinging him on the battle field.. waiting for her. It wasn't that she was afraid of him necessarily.. maybe she was more afraid of his father. Either way.. she had no showed.. to do some soul searching. She was more mature now.. still a fighter at heart, just more open to the world in general. Who knows.. as time does change people. She got to the edge of where the kingdom would start, knowing better than to just march onto any territory unannounced. Her scent drifted across the spring air. "Hello!" Nyka called out.  A soft smile drifted across her lips for a moment, wondering who would respond.

Nyka was never one to follow the rules. After saying hello her pistons didnt dare to wait to be welcomed as she marched forward. Her orbs scanned the mountains, the foliage, always on alert. Her talons gently pressed into the sod below her as her frame slithered into this new land, trying to follow his scent. She knew he had to be here.. Now.... where are you? she thought to her self.
    lightning in her soul, thunder in her heart, and chaos in her bones

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Spring has most surely arrived, and yet Ivar remains in Loess. Around the stallion, the hilly realm is covered in colors of every shade imaginable. Yellow jonquils, red poppies, purple allium; Loess is a veritable rainbow on earth. The vistas are stunning, and the handsome stallion on an outcropping of white marble is a view unto itself.

The beauty is wasted on Ivar, who huffs irritably at the mid-afternoon sun and turns away.

He has called, and yet she has not come. There is no denying that she hears him, the echoes even reach him back out to sea. Yet Isobell has not come, has not listened, has not obeyed.

That woman is damned infuriating.

The time since their parting he has filled in varying ways. Most of them involve women, especially Heda and the small dragon-winged bay. Available time to hunt has decreased since his coronation, and his desire along with it. He is feeling dry again, like he had the winter after Azar’s death. The dreams had not haunted him in years, and yet today they have. Ivar cannot shake the sense of familiarity, of reminders of his youth.

It is not until he is on the path, the beaten trail that surrounds the edge of Loess, that he realizes. The yellow-haired creature is in front of him is older than he remembers, taller, more lovely. It is not often that the tobiano stallion comes across horses that he has known since childhood. There is only his family, Zhenga, and Kylin. The rest of the world knows him as an adult: charming, confident, devastatingly handsome.

There is a bit of the boy in the way his pale mouth turns up in a grin, the way his dark eyes light up as he recognizes her and the questions spill forth without stop

“Nyka! What’re you doing in Loess?! Where have you been? What have you been doing!”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

Nyka.
    Nyka could not help but to let a smile slip across her maw as she sees Ivar step into the path ahead of her. She chuckles softly seeing his eyes light up at his sight of her. Her orbs scanned his frame, boy did he grow up rather nicely.. Nyka gave a small bow of her skull as the man came running up to her, vocals seaming to spurt out a thousand words a minute.  "Ivar, its a pleasure to see you again." She said lifting her skull, her dark orbs meeting his, her nares inhaling his scent.. it was almost intoxicating. "Where have I been? Where havnt I." She said with a laugh. "I just took a few years to.. .. to.." Nyka spoke.. thinking before she said more.. not quite sure why she left in the first place.. "to explore, live alone in the shadows, travel Beqanna in silence..." She said with the best smile she could muster. "I would also like to apologize for leaving you waiting for me on the battlefield. It will not happen again." Nyka said, her bodice and pillars all standing strong.. clearly giving the man her word. She hoped he would not be mad at her. Back then she claimed she wanted to fight.. but she never even went to her first mock battle. Nyka had tried to do some soul searching in her time away.. but even she wasn't sure what she had found. 

"But enough about me!" Nyka said taking a spot by his side, orbs looking over this gorgeous terra before her before turning her attention to Ivar.."How have you been? when did you become king?... and most importantly.. did ya miss me?" Nyka spoke, her last words a joke. Her vocals laughed although she was intrigued about how he got to where he was now, high on his throne. Last she had seen of him he was just a little colt.. boy how time flies..

I V A R
    It is clear that the gossip mills have seized onto the fact that Ivar is now the monarch of Loess, and Ivar is curious what they have made of the land’s former ruler. Do the tales of his coronation contain mention of once-queen Heda, still his consort and his clear favorite in the little herd he has assembled in the hilly realm?

The band has been a distraction during the darkness of winter, a way for him to forget that he is not in the sea.

He had left the newest arrival sunning herself in the sun, but the satisfaction of their encounter had done nothing to ease the lines of tension in his body. Now though, he takes a deep breath and releases it in a long sigh, turning his head from side to side in a stretch. He listens as she answers his questions, his dark eyes remaining on hers. When she begins to apologize his smile grows, and he reaches forward, placing a touch to her shoulder in a friendly dismissal of the apology.

“No worries,” he tells her, drawing his touch away but remaining in slightly closer proximity than before. She has space to move away, to put distance between them, but everything about the stallion is designed to make her feel the very opposite way. “I managed to become General here even without our mock, and then Queen Heda named me her successor.” She likely knows that already; the romantic relationship between the king and former queen was no secret.

“Not half as much as you missed me, I’m sure.” Ivar responds without missing a beat, the exaggerated wink blurring the sudden flash of hunger in his dark eyes almost as quickly as it appears.

Nyka.
    Nyka did not show any muscle movement or emotions as she felt the beasts maw touched her shoulder. "Heda?" Nyka questioned.. as she had not met many others before her absense.. "Well congrats on your succuess Ivar." Nyka spoke with a soft nod.

Nyka laughed and took a few steps away from the beast as he spoke.. Not half as much as you missed me, i'm sure.. He spoke.. "Haha. You wish!" Nyka spoke without looking back at him, part of her still saw him as the adorable child he used to be. Yet she could still see with her orbs how he had grown. "Your kingdom is beautiful.." her vocals spoke as her orbs scanned over the land..orbs surveying the large rocky mountain.

I V A R
    Ivar pauses for a moment, his head cocked slightly to the left as he meets Nyka’s gaze. It is rare that he drops the charming façade, the effortless charisma that he wears like a cloak. This is one such time, and he does not shield his scrutiny of the mare in front of him.

Years have passed since they last laid eyes on each other. Ivar has grown since then, and it is clear that the same is true for Nyka. No longer a leggy young thing, she has matured into a woman, with pale hair against her dark face and a blaze like a streak of Sylvan gold down her face. The same familiarity that makes Kylin so appealing is present with Nyka; she is one of the few other horses in Beqanna that had known him the entirety of his life. She is not-prey in the way that few are.

“Heda, the former queen of Loess. She’s now my lead mare.” The information is nothing secret; Ivar’s herd within a kingdom is probably no longer news.

“Thank you for the compliment,” he says, and his dark eyes turn back to the view. In the distance, a herd of grey kangaroo browses near orchids from the rainforest and a copse of alpine snowbell. To his left, a palm tree shades a sapling acacia and kudzu drips from their branches into the pristine waters of a miniature freshwater spring. The kingdom is undeniably lovely in spring, he knows.

“Did you come just to visit, or could I convince you to stay?” asks the piebald stallion, turning back to Nyka with a small smile. “We could use a woman of your talents, assuming you’ve kept up with your practice, of course.” His eyes light up in a teasing smile at the last; Ivar is quite certain that Nyka hasn’t forgotten the training of a warrior.

NykA
    Nyka watched as the man looked her orver. Giving a respectable nod as he thanked her for her compliment. Her orbs then scanned over the land, the tall standing palm trees..small freshwater springs.. beautiful colorful orchids. This land was truely beautiful. Her orbs click back over to Ivar as he speaks to her. She couldn't help but smile back at him, seeing him smile at her. "I had originally planned to only vist.." Nyka spoke kindly. "So you want to use my talents huh?" She asks walking just a few steps closer to him, her eyes locking onto his.. "What would I get out of chose to stay here?' Nyka inquired. She was not one to 'work' for free.

ooc:Sorry! trying to find my muse again!

I V A R
    Below them, the rolling hills of Loess are beginning to glow. A effect of the setting sun, the rosy light bathes the kingdom in splendor. Ivar watches it without comment, accustomed to such glorious displays, but his attention soon shifts to the silver bay mare beside him.

She is watching the land as well, but looks up to him with an answer. Only to visit, she says, but she asks what she might receive in return if she chooses to stay. Ivar smiles at her boldness; she never had been one to hesitate when speaking her mind.

“That depends on what you’d consider a fair repayment,” answers the piebald stallion. He’d offer her a position in his harem, but the kelpie somehow doubts she will find that as flattering as the simpler women do. No, she’d want something more. Something with a bit more meaning. “What do you want to get?”

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus