• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's play a fun game?
    There's a lot of new faces recently and even more since the last time I was active so maybe it's time for a get to know you game? So my idea I had while I was driving today was you have to come up with as many interesting/silly/fun facts about yourself as you have active characters.

I have a self-proclaimed 10 potentially active characters, so here goes:

1. I really like ketchup on my mac 'n cheese.
    2. I drink a lot - a LOT - of Diet Coke. It's my worst eating habit.
    3. I collect shot glasses with horses on them.
    4. I teach horseback riding, currently in Kentucky.
    5. My horse's full name is Kokovoko Kaiser but obv we just call him Kaiser.
    6. I really like winter because I love to wear vests and hats and layers.
    7. "Bees?" Is my favorite Cards Against Humanity card.
    8. I went to an all-girls catholic college for undergrad and I loved it.
    9. I don't have any tattoos but I want to get a Dala horse someday when I decide on a location.
    10. I have a houseplant named Ed, he's a ponytail palm he is like two feet tall now.
    I didn't realize this correlated to active characters and honestly I don't know any more so i'm just stealing your number ten because I love Fun Facts:

1. I've had my horse, Bridgette, for almost 17 years. She's the best thing to ever happen to me and is the most brilliant, sweetest horse.
    2. I homeschooled until college.
    3. My bucket list trip is to go to Nepal and hike to Everest Base Camp (and absolutely no higher).
    4. I've been a vegetarian all my life.
    5. I started doing krav maga/self defense as a coping mechanism during a rough patch in a relationship. Said relationship is long over, and I'm celebrating my one year anniversary as a krav maga instructor.
    6. I'm obsessed with makeup and own more of it than I will ever use; yet I'm hard pressed to spend more than $20 on any item of clothing.
    7. I picked out my dog sight unseen on my animal shelter's website. She was supposed to be a foster. I failed. I inadvertently picked the most housebroken, non-food motivated, non-destructive dog I've ever met in my life.
    8. The longest thing I've ever written is a still-in-process Hamilton fanfiction. It's up to 82k words now (average novel length: 60k).
    9/ I have a Masters degree in Applied Anthropology with a medical concentration
    10. I have really awful handwriting.
    Does #9 basically make you Bones?
    Good thing I only have 3 active characters because I’m not all that interesting Wink

1. I have two dogs and 3 cats (and I think there might be a cat family living under the porch of the house we just bought, so I’m pretty pumped about that) that are named (mostly) after Harry Potter! I have Remus (aka Remy), Weasley, Percy, and Ginny. Lucy was our first cat and came with her name.
    2. I identify as Buddhist, though I’ll be the first to tell you I know very little about it and don’t practice it as well as I should.
    3. I have a bachelor’s in “family studies” but, like, what do you even do with that? It’s about as useful as a history or philosophy degree. So I’m a big advocate of people not automatically going to college right after school because it’s not for everyone! And that’s ok! 
    BONUS FACT! We just bought our dream home! It’s a 1890’s Queen Anne Victorian in a small Norwegian town in Wisconsin. I’m in love with my money pit!
    oooh me! i’m also going to go with the 10 facts bc just three seems boring :p

1. i spend more time (and money) on my dogs’ hair then my own.
    2. said dogs are Jasper, a standard poodle and Piper, a goldendoodle
    3. i’m not using either of my master’s degrees, but i do love my job teaching preschool
    4. my favorite snack combo is milky ways and cheeze its <3
    5. the unpredictable bursts of activity i have are directly correlated with when my fiancée is working nights and i have uninterrupted time to write
    6. my dogs have their own instagram account bc i am literally that dog nerd
    7. no really, please follow them: jasper.and.piper
    8. my life goal is to be a stay-at-home parent (possibly only to animals) and raise goats, chickens, and dogs
    9. the fact that i have a 401k, an IRA, and that we going through a mortgage approval right now are all signs of my adulthood that TERRIFY me
    10. i’m running out of things to say but at last count i have at least 50 indoor plants #junglehouse
    Doing 6 because when I closet, I mean it this time dammit ...

1. I've been working since I was fourteen; my first job was a summer one on a farm that functioned as an 'Amish themed' tourist attraction. It's where I learned to harness and drive!
    2. I've been riding since I was five and have done a plethora of disciplines, but I've never owned my own pony! Still active today, I mostly just do a bit of exercising for friends in the area on weekends now. Easiest way to line the pockets.
    3. I have double-jointed elbows, so I can bend both my arms backwards ... like, freakishly so. Google it.
    4. I've seen a mountain lion drag a dead deer through the backside of my parents property and it freaked me right the fuck out because no matter how much you see those things, it's never like seeing one in real life, with no fence. They're fucking massive.
    5. Speaking of seeing animals in real life, I was shocked the first time I met someone who'd never seen a cow in real life before. Floored.
    6. Three is my lucky number
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    My active ponies fluctuate too much so I'll go until I run out of facts:

1. I grew up in a town of population 32.  Yes, bar and church that's it.
    2.  I got my first horse in 2001, so I was 14ish.  She is currently still with me but pending being put down this weekend.  She is a splashed white overo and deaf.  She got me thru hell in my teen years.  My angel.
    3.  I have two kids(8&10). 2 cats(both fat rescues). A three legged bulldogge. 3 rabbits. 3 small birds.
    4. I'm pending a divorce(fixing the biggest mistake of my LIFE!)
    5. My soulmate moved from Virginia to the coldest state in the US(Minnesota).  We met online XD
    6.  I see a bit of my personality in each of my fake ponies.
    7. I could kill a cactus.
    8. I speak fluent sarcasm.
    9.  I've worked in the drug industry for over 10 years(yes the IV shortage is real and ppl r losing their MINDS!)
    10. My favorite color is teal
    11. I think diamonds are over priced rocks
    12. There is an ever growing list of jobs I could NEVER do.  *I applaud anyone who can work with humans on a daily basis and not want to off themselves every minute.
    13. I am very sentimental and LOVE vintage anything! Especially my collection of random bottles.

13 is a lucky number in my mind so I'll stop here Smile
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi
    I have 0 active characters. :|

BUT. just b/c I am excited that this fact is well, a fact. I will share one.

1. I WILL BE DONE WITH MY MASTERS IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS. dude.

and I miss you people.
    Nymphetamine|Tirzah|Slaybell

@devin nope, that's forensic anthropology (which I love but don't know much about). Medical anthropology is basically public health but not as recognizeable or marketable
    6 active ponies <3

1. I just got married to the sweetest man alive (& also one who loves to sing in the car and competes with me on who sings louder/better).
    2. I teach tiny humans (5th grade math/science) and I never thought I would, but I absolutely love it. Hubs is a firefighter/paramedic (hubba hubba) and is extremely good at his job...like, strangely good.
    3. I rode horses in middle school, which is when I started writing fake ponies. I've always loved writing and reading, so the second someone showed me a roleplaying site, I was hooked.
    4. My husband doesn't know I write fake ponies. He once saw a post I hadn't finished on my computer (a Warrick one) and all he said was 'wow this is a sad story'. Didn't even realize it was from a horse perspective. /dead
    5. I have two brothers, and am the middle child. I'm 26 and feel old as dirt.
    6. If you can make me laugh, you'll be my friend forever.