• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's play a fun game?
    I’m not sure what constitutes as active, but.

1. My husband also doesn’t know I write fake ponies. Or he does, but he doesn’t acknowledge that I write about ponies.
    2. I’ve completed NaNoWriMo twice. Once at 18 and once at 22. I never plan to attempt it again.
    3. I am a social work major and I’m only one year away from my BSW. I need my MSW to be licensed but the fact that my BSW is so close AT LAST is overwhelming in the best and worst of ways.
    4. I did not officially completed my senior year of high school. I became so stressed and so depressed over the loss of my grandfather that I became a complete recluse and spent days sleeping in my car to convince my family I was going to school. I still graduated. I shouldn’t have.
    5. I love to eat dry ramen. Always have and always will, teeth be damned.
    6. I have never felt more beautiful or more comfortable with my body than I did when I was pregnant.
    7. I fall more in love with my husband every day seeing him be a father to our son. My father just reached out to me the other day for the first time in four years and I don’t understand how you can walk away from something so pure, innocent and full of such love.
    8. My grandfather used to buy me Archie Comics obsessively. I have so many packed away. Riverdale is both nostalgic and fresh to me. I love and hate the show. It’s wonderfully terrible.
    Oh fun! I have 1 active-ish character, so I'll do like...5. Yeah, that's a solid number.

1. I'm an ER veterinarian. I work every other week, so that's why I seem like I'm only active every other week
    2. I'm a nationally ranked powerlifter and I also do body building shows when I get bored of powerlifting
    3. My favorite weird pastime is writing - I have 15 books I've written over the years and self published two. The rest are sitting on random hard drives waiting for life they'll probably never get.
    4. I have this weird thing where I never cry, unless you show me pictures of cute pug or french bulldog puppies. Then I literally sob. Like Kristin Bell Sees a Sloth level.
    5. I have this totally not weird totally normal obsession with the desert to the point where I have a half sleeve and a separate tattoo piece of watercolor desert scenes. My phone case has cacti in it and I have a desert landscape in my front yard.

That's all she wrote!
    Kortnee
    Co-Owner
    Ajatar - Harmonia - Sunday
    I'll just go with ten because I like that number. Lmao. This is so fun! 

1. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and it's soooooo boring. Although, as a kid (like five) I thought it was the state capital. 

2. I've been riding horses since I was 4. I was only able to start that young because of my height and weight. I'm a plus size rider and have always been underestimated because of it (blah) and ive owned two horses, although none currently.  Calypso (gypsy vanner spotted draft cross) and Charlie (Percheron thouroughbred cross). 

3. I dropped out of a huge college with a full ride because I was miserable. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and hated how big the classes were (since my high school was small). I'm going to a smaller college in the spring to begin my nursing degree! 

4. I have 4 cats (Bowie, Barnabas, Morticia, and Peaches) and a dog (Salem), and we are adopting a husky puppy soon named Gizmo! 

5. I started writing when I was 8, just silly stories. When I was 11 or 12, I discovered roleplaying from Ponybox (lmao) and was hooked. I actually made some of my own RP sites, but they never took off. 

6. I love horror. Anything horror related, I go crazy. My favorite movies are Child's Play and It. Pinhead from Hellraiser and Pennywise the Clown (miniseries and new version) are my idols Wink

7. "I am the one thing in life I can control, I am inimitable, I am an original" is a quote from "Hamilton" that I love more than anything. I live by it.  I LOVE MUSICALS. Even though I don't look like it lmao. I was in drama club in high school. ;Wink

8. I love body mods and tattoos. I want to be covered in tattoos and piercings.

9. I'm a big gaming nerd, although life has gotten so busy over the last few years I haven't had much time to do it. My brother (my hero) is the one who got me into them. 

10. I don't have many family members because they disowned me. I'm 19 and I live on my own. I talk to my brother, my mom &a stepdad, my dad, and my grandparents and that's about it. I consider people on here to be like family. Smile

This is fun!

1. If I were stranded on a desert island with one item of food, I would want peanut butter.

2. I also have a plant with a name!  He is a bamboo plant that I've had over ten years named Lucky and he is gigantic.  And having no green thumb whatsoever, his name is absolutely fitting.

3.  I am going on my 11th year anniversary of being a vegetarian.  I cheated exactly 3 times in the first year (once with White Castle and twice with Sonic chicken poppers =/ ) but haven't had any meat/fish since.

4.  I have mild, self-diagnosed OCD.  My hands are constantly dry from washing them often, and I shake door handles a million times to make sure I locked them.  Oh, and I check my phone alarm like 10 times after setting it every night.  It is a blast.

5.  My sister is the only person who knows I live that fake pony lyfe.  I told her when I was like, twelve, and she still remembers and asks about Beqanna lol.

6.  I started riding horses when I was twelve.  I went to an equestrian college to fulfill my dream of doing dressage (my barn didn't offer it and other barns were too expensive for my not-rich family) and fractured both my fibula and tibia my very first semester.  That was almost 8 years ago now, and I have only ridden 4 times since.

7.  I love my dogs more than most people.  Both are 11 and are starting to show signs of aging, and I literally don't know what I will do when they are gone.

8.  I waited the first 23 years of my life to get a cat (my mom and grandma are very allergic) and my cat Lyra was worth the wait.  She is both fierce and funny and sweet and I adore her <3

9.  My favorite color is the blue-green gradient of the ocean.

10. I am very tiny and usually quiet and my alternative choices in music do not reflect it.
    Five ponies, and five is my lucky number, so you get five facts about me!

1. I have moved houses around 30 times since the age of 1. I'm only 22. My average time in any one place growing up was 3-6 months, thanks to my control freak of a bio dad. Haven't spoken to him in 6 years, which is a good thing. 
    2. I've never owned a horse outright, but I've worked with several since high school. My two favorites were Amigo, the brown appy boy I learned to jump with. And Reina, a chestnut arabian mare who I was working with while I was stationed in Nevada, and who I miss every day. She was kindred to my soul and I deeply regret not being able to take her with me. Hoping to adopt a mustang here in a few years. 
    3. I met my hubby in the Navy. We're both certified aircraft electricians, and we have a beautiful daughter who is turning one next month (Oh my gods, where did the time go?!)
    4. I am currently working on my AAOT degree at the local community college so that I can transfer to OSU to get my DVM. I'm gonna be a vet, y'all. This has been my life's ambition since I was 8, and I'm finally in a place that I can make it real. 
    5. I was born into Mormonism, but left the church at age 13. I now identify as an eclectic pagan, and am much happier for it. "Do no harm, but take no shit" is the motto by which I try to live my life <3
    Welllllll, I only have 3 ponies...buuut I'll give you 6 facts:

1. My favorite comfort food is spaghetti. And cookies.
    2. I've known Sii for...a bazillion years now although we've never met in real life...yet.
    3. I lived in St. Kitts for 3 years. If I could, I would live near a beach for the rest of my life.
    4. I've been writing since I was...12ish. I started RPing on Furcadia and then migrated into play by posts in 8th/9th grade. Scyla, Harrier and Dahmer are direct descendants of my first RP pony ever--Brimstone.
    5. My boyfriend is the only one in RL that knows about ponies.
    6. I watch a lot of horror movies and sci-fi's. I hate MOST romantic comedies.

@Radar, lmao #4 killed me. Legendary.

And well I have four active but god knows that number literally can't stay that low for any decent amount of time so here we go.

#1) I have a 3.9 GPA. I can excel at any intellectual field that I apply myself to.
    #2) Do you think I know what the hell I want to do with all those brains? Nope. And when I tell people that my life goal is to be a published author and a stay at home mom, you can bet that I get the "but you're wasting your talents!" speech. And I totally would be. But I really only love writing - everything else I'm just.. good at.
    #3) Since I've been stressing about my future life and came to the conclusion that if I want to be a writer, then I should be writing, I decided to come back home to Beqanna. And I'm honestly feeling so good about being back. This place gives me the rush of dopamine that I am sorely lacking.
    #4) I cry a whoooooole lot, but more often than not I feel like a sociopath. I struggle to empathize with others, to understand the consequences of my actions before and after said actions, and to even to form a solid, concrete self identity. Woo!
    #5) I am the last child in a family of 7, and I have 9 nieces/nephews.
    #6) I live in a city that has been known to be the coldest place in Canada on certain days in the winter; like, I'm talking being in the computer lab at school and hearing that it is negative 50 degrees celcius - because we don't screw around about school. Yeah. It sucks.
    #7) My favourite food is and always will be spaghetti. I will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and supper, all in the same day, for a ridiculous amount of days straight.
    #8) I dance competitively, and although I am not the best by any means, I have dedicated 14 years of my life to the sport and am insanely proud of my progress and how it has helped me with self expression and self acceptance.
    #9) Kuna and I are best friends since 2012, because of Beqanna. Shout out to her! <3
    #10) I don't have pets because my dad is allergic, so that's no fun; but I want cats, and one day if I'm rich and leisurely, maybe I'll get a horse or two. At this point, I'm just trying to make it through each day. So I won't get ahead of myself.
    #11) over 600 hours logged in mass effect. MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT MASS EFFECT. Mass effect. Mass. Effect.
    #11) It is 1:30 am and I have to work tomorrow! Goodnight dearies.