• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Under the old oak tree [Mirage/Any]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    She secretly indulges in a ghost of a smile at his sarcasm. At first, she is tense enough to be a statue. He is so much larger than her. It’s a stray thought that whispers of a weakness she has. She can’t help but feel his muscle all along her side when a warm breath of a touch reminds her of times when contact with others wasn’t so foreign a concept for her. She can’t help but relax into it a little, her eyes fluttering closed before she startles herself back up from the embarrassing moment of weakness. He is quick to take her mind off the situation at hand. lost track after a hundred years, if that makes me old then yes I’m old, she replies wryly, how many horses had ever asked her about her age? None, well Erros had, but that didn’t really count. She has never asked another’s age mainly because she always feels like she is robbing the cradle if she inquires, but if he wants to pry she will pry right back. how old are you?

He doesn’t seem to have the same inhibitions she does, as he continues to question her. The next one she needs to pause. Why Nerine, most likely because I wanted to go back to my roots. her reply is vague and she knows it. What really had happened was that she had inadvertently started Nerine when she had called out for the sisters to gather in her search for a familiar face. Lost and afraid they had taken the little group that had answered and formed a new kingdom, Nerine. She parrots him, needling in her witchy ways. And you? Why Nerine?

Then he asks a very sly question and she ends up looking at him calculating her response. She could dodge the question in a thousand and one ways, but then he’d just pry further. All of them give to little detail and leave an opening for him to question further. Come on you know you want to get it out there, the nagging voice in her head whispers distracting her from thinking on how to respond, he continues with his own story. She has a feeling he’s baiting her, tit for tat and all that. Alright, it’s only fair, he is sharing the space with her. Though it has to be the hardest thing she has ever done. Not once has she never mentioned to anyone why she had gone missing, but actually made an effort to hide what had really happened. I was consort in the Valley when I was murdered and tethered to… she trails off swallowing down the bile that threatens to rise. Now its not just rain dripping down her coat, but she braves on and in a feeble and quiet voice she speaks the name that had been haunting her since she first saw him. Pollock.

For the next moments she loses herself to thought, watching as the goat crushed others similar to herself, his jealous fits always getting the better of him. Her children grew up without her, rumors abounded that Fennick had turned to stone in his grief, others say he ran off abandoning the infant son and yearling daughter, while the most common one was that he went to look for Hestia. And the worst of all the nightmares, she was forced to follow that creature around never feeling a thing other than rage. Him being the only one to hear and see her. Eventually she grew tired and felt only pity for the sorry mess of a monster, some call it Stockholm, she calls it survival. She shakes her head clearing it of that piece of her past. Looking over at him once more secretly starving for something to erase those memories and the voice that accompanies them. She almost leans into him shifting her weight to her outer hooves. She’s real, its over… The mantra continues. Silencing the past. The Chamber is definitely dream worthy, I liked spending time there when Starlace was ruling, though visiting when Eight was around was pretty good too, her voice is soft and she once more feels calm. The only kingdoms she had never stepped foot in were the Falls and the Tundra. As a sister she had been forbidden from the Tundra, and the Fall’s had never become enough of a threat to them for them to want to send her there. It was the Valley she had considered to be her second home, Vampy, and later on gallows, along with all the many horses that welcomed her with open arms when Jadis had sent her two year old daughter there to learn and grow into the political genius she had always wanted of her first born. Do you like it here in Nerine? I know its not the Chamber, nor Valley, nor Amazons; but you have to admit it’s got its own sort of charm. Once more she finds herself molding her body against his, snuggly fitting in next to him so that they may both be comfortable even in this tight space. She raises her head a little to see his reaction to this, before swiftly averting her eyes towards the rain. Cursing herself for getting so comfy next to a stranger. How the hell would she cope when left alone and deprived of touch once more. She couldn’t let herself slip up now.
    Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Walter]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    Under the old oak tree [Mirage/Any] - by Hestia - 11-19-2017, 04:34 AM
    RE: Under the old oak tree [Mirage/Any] - by Hestia - 01-31-2018, 09:43 PM