• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Afloat. Adrift. Asunder.

Rippling wind against the fibers of my coat, a pull towards somewhere (or a push?). The straggling breaths of a breeze flown past. It brings shivers to my skin, small bumps of aliveness and heart beats. It quickens my step, extends my legs into a more fluid motion. I don't know where I am; I don't know this place.

I hear the river after the wind, and my step falters. The recovery is inelegant, so frazzled are my nerves. Wild black hair and untamed red coat, nutmeg eyes rolling inside chiseled head. There has never been a river on this route to the Jungle. And yet the route could not possibly have changed.

A call erupts from my lips, my head raising and my nostrils flaring as the shrill whinny escapes into the strangeness around me. I am not usually one to panic; the trepidation of my step and breath does nothing to console me of this, and I only panic more. I should know what to do, I should know how to breathe, I should be composed and be calm.

Like him.

"Daddy," I cry under my breath, the word a sob full to the brim with terror and nonbelief. "Kavi, where are you?"

The wind picks up again, and my muttered words are brushed to the side just as the land seems to have been. Only have recovered from my slip, with lips still parted from the tail end of my cry, I stand there; there, in the nothingness, surrounded by the wind and the river, so far from home that I may as well not even be within myself at all.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Tauber

Since Tauber's first foray into lands outside of Sylva, he only had the desire to explore more of Beqanna. With the gradual maturation, he still had the gangliness of being only a yearling but he at least was not the youth foal. When alone and being thoughtful, he wondered if he was ever truly a youthful foal, foolish and carefree. He supposed growing up in the Sylvan woods did no favor for the "normal" childhood. Instead he mostly kept away from the more dangerous of the creatures that roamed there.

Either way, he thought that perhaps a bath in the river would wash away the scent of Sylva and he would find someone that didn't want to beat him up or at least think that he might want to hurt them. He even dunked his head under water just to be thorough. Tauber stepped out of the riverbank, squinting and his eyes tearing from the sun. The day-blind creature tentatively walked back towards where he remembered the woods to be. The winds chilled his wet buckskin coat and the purple tendrils that seemed to fall every which way.

A whinny distracts him from his quest for darkness. He turns his head, ears twitching and still squinting towards Kagerus. "Hello? Who's there?" There's a slight tinge of fear in this moment, as he was vulnerable without his cloak of shadows or his sight. Perhaps in the future he would only venture about at night--but then again, he knew that most horses didn't stay up most the night and sleep during the day.

the brave man with a sword

Ugh, this is...not the best. I promise it'll get better! @[Kagerus]

(Carnage x Aditi)
    Twin to Shirad

Avatar lines by Bronzehalo@deviantart.com
    Coloration by Lavender
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Truth be told, the little "girl" was well on her way to three years old, making her more of a mare than a filly. Yet at times, her youthful spirit became apparent; and this was one of those times.

The dark overo girl had never spent long away from her father, Kavi. The old man was tender and kind, sweet and warm and husky like the sunset on the porch of your childhood, in the old rocking chair with the cat sitting on your lap. That's how Kavi was to Kagerus; and now? Now she was left in essential nothingness, except it was cold, and scary, and if she were to reach out, only bad things could she possibly meet.

So she did not move.

That is, she did not move until she heard his call - one that trembled with the same fear that she felt deep in her gut, one of utter displacement, discomfort, and blindness. Little did she know just how blind he truly was. Turning her wide nutmeg eyes to the young colt, Kagerus whinnied again. He heard her call and answered; and although he was not Kavi, the little Arabian finds his presence a gift.

"It's me," she spluttered quietly, thoughts flurrying too rapidly for proper organization into logical and sequential language. "I, I'm right here," her legs were carrying her towards him then, too quickly and too nervously. She wasn't good at being alone, and normally she would not trust so easily - but in this remote nothing-land, his small and kindred presence was all she had.

Her smooth shoulder bumped into his then, softly, but it did. She did not attempt to detach herself from the boy, however, and instead reached forward and nuzzled his buckskin nose, exhaling jitterishly towards him.

"Can we go somewhere? It's so open."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver