• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We danced on into the night - Any

Being born blind was one thing, suddenly becoming blind a whole other. For one it would almost be natural to find its way around, but in the other case it would cause a disaster. Nothing could ever prepare someone for losing one of its senses. Amorette had never met someone disabled before, but she cannot help but worry about the buckskin male at her side.

His growl doesn’t offend her, perhaps it should have, but Amore doesn’t let herself get worked up because of it. She liked to believe he didn’t do it on purpose, and he isn’t growling at her. When he offers her his name and apologises, she’s sure he hadn’t meant it like that. ”I would say it’s nice to meet you, but I wish we’d met in different circumstances” she offers in return, again with a smile he cannot see.

She makes sure to stay at his side, even when the water flows around their legs. It’s not that high, she’d made sure to pick a safe spot for Bragi to lessen his thirst, but that didn’t change anything about the fact that he wouldn’t be able to see any possible threat it might offer. Amorette hoped that her presence would help with that.

Silently she watches him, a concerned frown still showing on her features, only becoming more intense when she sees the water coloring red. ”You’re hurt..” she murmurs softly, more to herself than out loud. And it wasn’t like she hadn’t seen it before, but the seeing the red made it look more threatening.

Amorette is left to stare at his wounds as he retreats to the shore. As if she was meant to do something about it, to help him. She simply doesn’t know how. His voice pulls her out of her thoughts, and she blinks her dark eyes at him before slowly moving to join him on the bank. For a moment she’s silent, standing nearby and watching over him. ”Tephra.” She doesn’t ask the question that’s on her mind; ’what happened to you?’

He had referred to it as hell, and looking over his current condition could only make her believe he was right about that. Her eyes wander over his splashed form. It’s not hard to imagine him looking all dashing and confident, but something had stripped it away from him. Lost in thoughts her nose dips towards his hurt shoulder, hot breath ghosts over his skin before she touches.

What happens next takes her as much by surprise as it would him. Upon the touch something burns up, coming from inside her at first but then it’s like the wound on his shoulder is set on fire. It’s all heat and smoke wells up, thankfully the wind carries the scent of burned flesh away on instant. It only lasts for a couple of seconds, then it’s gone as quickly as it had come. Whatever it had been.

The wound on his shoulder was no longer fresh, no longer dripping blood, and instead it looked like it was a week old already. The fire had sped up the healing process in a way that should be impossible, and it’s unlike Amorette had ever experienced. ”W-what..?”

”I.. I I’m sorry.. I never intended to do…” To do what, she wonders herself. ”… that

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

OOC: Sooooo, Amorette used her fire healing on Bragi. She never used it before, and she didn’t/doesn’t know she’s able to. The fire would hurt the moment it flares, but his wound should hurt less now the healing had sped. Let me know if you’re not okay with this, then I’ll edit my post ^^.

Messages In This Thread
    We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 11-24-2017, 12:19 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 11-29-2017, 06:11 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-03-2017, 06:14 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-04-2017, 03:54 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Amorette - 12-05-2017, 02:44 PM
    RE: We danced on into the night - Any - by Bragi - 12-16-2017, 12:16 AM