• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars[Sid pony]

Reshi

In the dead of night I had cloaked myself in the celestine skies.  Slipping from the stagnant shadows of the Sylvian forest he had forced me into.  I was no puppet and I had felt a fool for how I had let him play me.  I was too trusting.  Easily taken advantage of.  Truth prevails though and I began to see him for what he was. 

Liar. Manipulative. Selfish.

I walk quickly and soon I am back on familiar grounds.  This is where I had been when he had found me.  Promised me to be reunited with my long lost family.  Standing atop the same hill.  Steel blue eyes looking to the same stars.  Perhaps somewhere out there they were looking at the same stars.  Wondering where I had gone to.  My dark speckled body - now exposed from my magic - stands a solid sillouhette against a brilliantly lit sky.  My deep blue tassels floating on the gentle breeze surrounding me.  Wrapping around the matching hue of my hind limbs.  A slight sadness tugs at my heart, "Mother...Father...Anyone? Are you out there somewhere?" I question the breeze, not expecting an answer...

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars

@[Sid] Hope this is ok Smile
    reshi2_zpsxb5rpudr

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Lately, her time has been spent in the darker, more secretive parts of Beqanna, wherein the mare dozes and sleeps, eating and drinking as required but not wanting for much. Since her resurrection, she has found herself content to spend time with Hestoni, projecting her conscious into the after-realm and holding tightly on to the dear man with whom she had made her entire life, her entire empire, her entire family. It was a quiet existence - a far cry from the uproarious and authoritative life she used to lead, as Khaleesi of the now long-gone Jungle.

She doesn't mind, however. Even now, after rebirth, her bones are old and her will to be on top are weaker and happier to rest and relax. The once power-hungry mare finds that thickets and slow moving streams are now more to her liking; most of the time, anyway.

As the sun sets on the well-worn grasses of the meadow (the only land that seems to have not changed since she returned), Scorch winds her way out of her hiding place to stretch her legs and exercise her mind. Long hours had she just spent in commune with Hestoni, and although she revels in their time together, the mare knows well enough that her being alive again is a gift, and one that if squandered, would surely become a curse.

With a flick of an eyelid, the ugly, hairless creature sees her surroundings night vision. No great commotion disturbs the plains of the meadow tonight, so Scorch settles down to graze for some time, ears perked to the sounds of the night animals. That is, she is settling, until her eyes catch a glimpse of light that does not belong in a nighttime setting. Nostrils widening, the scarred woman focuses on the features of the young filly, and then on the light that she manipulates.

Nickering softly (a sound that anyone from Before would have been stunned to hear coming from the warrior), Scorch approaches the girl, and is just in time to hear her muttered words. Strange, thought Scorch. And yet as she drew even nearer, she found herself sympathizing with the girl - for had she herself not been disconnected from her true family? Swapped at birth and raised by the wrong mother, raised to be the Queen of the wrong kingdom? Indeed, she had been.

"Tell me your name, girl, and the name of your parents, if you know them." A tendril of soft yellow light materializes between the two figures as Scorch speaks, and she sends the tendril to wind between the legs of the dark girl, illuminating her both familiar and unfamiliar figure softly. "Though Beqanna is large, I happen to think we may have something in common."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Reshi

Tonight was calm.  The noises of the night soft in the back of my mind.  I was more engrossed in my owns cares to noticed anything around me.  That is until I hear a soft whicker.  My dark ears flicker in the direction from which it traveled.  My eyes soon to follow.  A strange figure loams in the dark of night.  Nearly calling upon the powers I bore to protect me.  

My worries turn to curiousity as a small beacon of light travels to me.  Hovering around my blueish frame.  My heart quickens inside my ribcage.  A snort of disbelief leaves my nares.  From the moon I pull it's glowing light into a torch of my own.  Sending it halfway to the figure of the night.  My moonlight shows me what it really was.  I am shocked to see the hairless mare standing before me.  It's not often you see such things.  The surprise in my eyes could not be concealed but when the mare asks of my family, surprise turns to curiousity.  

I turn my body to align straight with the mare.  My body drawn nearer so as to not shout my reply.  In turn awakening those that were resting here.  I stop at a reasonable distant, "My mother is Vi.  My father Astray." I quiet to hear more of what the mare had to say, "I know of only one other and that is Scorch.  Do you know of them?" I question inquisitively.  Longing to know my family still lives...

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars

reshi2_zpsxb5rpudr

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The child pulls at the tendril of light and sends it back in a bloom, illuminating Scorch's scarred body. Though tall and powerful (at one point, anyhow), her skin and complexion is admittedly horrible to look upon. The girl's shock is apparent in her young and impulse-driven face, but Scorch excuses her for this slight. Years ago, she may not have been so forgiving. Even now, she is remarkably placid - it is a miracle, of sorts.

The girl approaches then, aligning herself with Scorch. Scorch conjures more light, sending it dancing across the nameless girl's strong back, the little pinpoints of light jumping and dancing like sparks. The Khaleesi had never much used this power of hers, but she enjoys this opportunity. Without introducing herself, the girl then proclaims herself to be the daughter of Vi - the daughter of her second last daughter. Panic surges through each of her nerves, and the whites of her eyes show momentarily, though in the cacophony of her colour-changing pupiless eyes, the fear response is easily missed.

Staring hard at the girl, Scorch speaks up. "I am Scorch, girl. Your mother was the last foal I birthed before my husband's death." She does not elaborate on the specifics of her own death and revival, figuring it beyond the girl's understanding, and also wanting to get to the root of the issue immediately. "Vi had a twin whom I named Volcan. Volcan was lost at birth," again, a fib, but necessary. "And I have returned to find her." Her teeth grind together, the sparks jumping on the girl's back throbbing intensely and passionately, infuriated and panicked. "Tell me, granddaughter. Where is your mother? And where is Volcan?" This was the most hope she'd ever had about finding her kidnapped daughter. And she wasn't going to let it go to waste.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]