• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Son of a Red Eyed Ghost[Kuma, Embark]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

When he had made sure they were safe once again in Loess he decided to seek out the dark mare from Sylva.  She had placed so many questions in his mind and he must know more.  So he traveled quickly along the border of the two kingdoms.  Picking up her trail.  It didn't take long for him to catch up.  She was moving quite slowly.  When he did find her events took place that only caused him more questions.  Alas she had disappeared into the darkness and he was left staring into the bright blue eyes of a child.  Abandoned and wished dead by it's own mother.  The sight of the foal at first was strange but now it looked just the same as any equine he had come across.  Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him...

Guiding the foal quickly across the border to safety, they traveled at a slow pace.  Pausing for a few minutes here and there so it could rest.  He knew very little of children.  Their care requirements and such.  Kuma having recently foaled would know what to do, he was sure of it.  So they traversed to her cave where he had separated from the pair.  Leaving them to some private time.  He didn't want to be hovering after all...

As they approached he nickered his coming to the mare.  Excited and anxious to see her again.  To make sure she was well and her foal.  Even though it wasn't his, he would hold nothing against the child.  It was not her fault of what transpired.  If anything it was his fault.  He calls to her, "Kuma... I need your help." He was unsure whether she could or would but he couldn't just leave the child to die...

Imperial

@[Kuma]

The world she teetered on spun circles around her.  Hooves barely holding onto the turf below.  Instinct told her to stand quickly.  It was a matter of life and death.  So she did.  Inky legs wobbled under her.  Clearing vision looked upon a larger figure staring at her with blue eyes.  He looked confused.  Shouldn't she be the confused one?

His voice bid her to follow and so she did.  Swaying unsteadily this way and that.  Soon though she got the hang of it.  Moving quicker but tiring even more.  The tiny black filly stopped every now and then to catch her breath and find another surge of strength. The darkness above gave way to a brightness that blinded her briefly.  Lunging forwards with excitement.  It was too sudden of a burst as she plowed into the hind legs of the equine she follow, "Oops... Sorry." Her voice was soft and girly as to be expected of such a young flicka. 

Black fluff for a tail beat against her buttock in irritation of the clumpy fur.  She kept moving just the same fore he did not stop.  That is until a jagged rock came into view and he called out to someone.  Her bright blue eyes found his silver dipped face as they stopped.  Soon trailing in the direction he stared.  Tiny head tilting in wonder at what was to help them...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

Kuma

Fear had clouded much of her good judgement. Her escape from Sylva hadn't done much to ease her mind; insomnia kept her up most nights, fear of the wraith returning to take back what was "his" making her mind race. She kept secluded in her cave, save for the occasional venture outside to keep her body sustaining milk. 

She was a better mother than she had expected, despite the circumstances. The child didn't know where she had come from, what had happened for her to be conceived in the first place; as much as the flower child wanted to, she could not bring herself to hate the red-eyed girl - she was innocent in all of this. Embark was young, unaware of what was happening around her...but she had a clean coat and a source of food, so Kuma expected she didn't think much of it.

Imperial and her hadn't discussed what happened, but Kuma was aware that he knew Embark wasn't his. She figured the subject would come up in time, but right now too much was going on for it to really rear its ugly head. 

The filly is sleeping, curled in a small golden ball when he finally approaches. "Kuma...I need your help." Imperial's voice is soft, confused. Kuma looks at him with a piercing emerald stare, then to the girl that stands behind him. She is weak, still covered in a thick dried layer of amniotic fluid. The pintaloosa meanders over, gently grazing against the stallion's hide before bending her head to look at the blue-eyed girl. 

"I bet you're hungry, yes?" She murmurs, beckoning her deeper into the safety of her cavern. "Come, child. Drink." She allows her to suckle on the nourishment she can provide, looking up at Imperial. "Who left her, Imperial? What happened?" Concern riddles her voice as she winces at the child's hungry enthusiasm. She wants to know who left the poor thing, who could even do such a thing. 

All my flowers grew into thorns

@[Imperial] @[Deiti]

Hope a little powerplay was okay so she could feed her. :Smile if not, let me know and I'll change it! :Big Grin

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

When the chestnut spotted mare appears in the shadow of the cavern door he can't help but smile.  Through the scars left behind by the burns he can't help but see past them.  The same lightheartedness he had adored still shone brightly.  Every now and then it clouded momentarily but it was to be expected.  She had been through much recently.  He tried his best to comfort her.  To show her that despite the burns he still cared for her.  So when he showed today with a child at his heels he was quite certain she would be willing to help him.  

Emerald eyes laid upon him and then the foal.  She didn't hesitate to stroll over to have a look see.  A kindness in her voice as she spoke to the black filly.  He hadn't done much to clean her up.  There had been little time.  She seemed to know the child needed so he allowed her to take control of the situation.  His muzzle gently placed on her skin in greeting.  

She questioned where the little one came from.  His eyes shied from her in slight discouragement, "I went to go find my sister.  She was there in the forest still and when I caught up with her she had given birth to it." His voice was strong one moment then quieted the next, "She was trying to kill it.  She kept saying it needed to die.  That nothing good would come of it living.  I just couldn't let her do it." He kept further details to himself about what he had seen when he first saw the filly laying wet on the ground.  It was probably unimportant anyhow.  

His icey blue eyes find the matching blue of the fillies now looking at him after having eaten.  His heart ached for the child.  It wasn't by their own fault they had been brought into the world.  His eyes follow the filly as she moves towards Embark.  He couldn't bring himself to even dislike the cream filly.  Knowing it was not his and harbored the red eyes of his forefather's.  It was not her fault either.  His face turns to the mare, a question on his mind, "Are you ok, Kuma?" He hadn't asked it before but always wondered in the back of his mind if she was ok.  With everything going on there hadn't been time for them to talk. No matter how much he wanted too.

Imperial

@[Kuma]

Their journey had covered great distance for such a tiny thing.  Each short stride bringing her closer to their destination.  When finally the stallion stops - just shy of a towering boulder - he stares off into the darkness.  Calling out.  Soon followed by soft hoof beats another appeared.  Looking at them with vibrant green eyes.  A gentle voice to follow.  

The other nears her.  Looking into her blue eyes and calling her to come closer.  Hungry she was but not knowing that the feeling could be satisfied her head tilt in confusion.  With encouragement and repositioning she discovers the purpose for it all.  The warm fluid felt good in her belly and in no time the feeling of emptiness was sated.  The words the elders spoke are ignored. 

Looking around the cavern she sees something curled up just beyond the chestnut mare.  Muzzle to the ground she walks over to explore the object.  Reaching out to place her muzzle on it to discover it is warm.  A yawn escapes her as she circles about.  Exhausted she lowers herself to the ground beside the warmness she has found.  Tucking her head to her belly to fall fast asleep...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

Kuma

Kuma nods as he explains the situation with a long-lost sister, about how she abandoned the helpless child after trying to kill it. The flowerchild still isn't quite sure why someone would do such a thing to something completely innocent in the world, regardless of where it came from. 

The black filly finishes eating, and sleepy-eyed and wobbly-legged, she strolls over to the warmth of Embark, who sleeps peacefully in her own corner. She lays next to her, and soon is asleep cuddled by her side. Kuma allows herself to grin, following the filly to clean her gently while she got her much-needed rest. 

"There you go, darling, sleep," She coos softly in her ear, ridding her of crusted fluid with delicate strokes of her tongue. 

"Are you okay, Kuma?" Words ring from Imperial's dark lips. Her satellites swivel back, and she lets out a sigh. They had so much to talk about, the two of them, but her heart still felt heavy with the weight of memories. 

"Better, now that you're here," She admits, almost a whisper. She leaves the children to their sleep, and approaches her companion boldly. She pushes him with her shoulder purposefully. "I haven't got much sleep. I've needed you." Tears sting at her eyes, and she closes them for a moment. She isn't trying to make him feel guilty, only begging him to stay. He makes her feel less frightened, more protected. She trails her lips along a vein in his neck, feeling hopeless and needing his embrace. 

@[Imperial]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

Without hesitation she knows what to do.  He simply watches.  Allowing them time to figure things out and when the filly joins her sister and Kuma returns to him, he had inquired on her well being.  Perhaps he hadn't asked before due to the guilt he felt for not being able to protect her.  It also could have been that her answer would be to painful for him to bare.  Each reason was selfish in it's own right so he asks it.  

Much to his relief she didn't wish him dead.  A sigh leaves his silver lips as she states that she wants him to stay.  He doesn't step towards her but openly invites her to come near if she so wished.  Tension that had built up within him muscles faded as she brushes against him.  Her admittance of sleepless nights concerns him.  So in reassurance he brushes his muzzle against her chestnut cheek.  Careful to not linger along her scarred flesh. Unsure of if it hurt.  The emerald of her eyes disappears briefly.  Bringing the broad part of his nose to lift her chin.  When they open again and he looks into her pained eyes, his matches her sorrow.  

Trying to remain strong for her and the girls, he states firmly, "I will be here.  For you and Embark and..." He had forgot one important thing.  A name for the black filly.  But what would suit a child born into such hatred.  A name of light, a God maybe... Or Goddess. Yes that would do. "And Deiti.  I will look after you all until my last breath, I promise.  You don't need to be afraid anymore." He feels the touch of her lips along his neck.  Leaning into her touch slightly.  "They must not go near the forests or the ocean.  I can't chance that my sister won't try to kill Deiti again and that's where she headed.  Embark must not go near the forests, her eyes will give her away.  We must be strong for them Kuma." Raising his head to rest on her crest, he pulls her into a loving embrace.  It was not restricting, but free.  He wanted her to feel safe, protected...loved.  That's all he ever wanted.  

Imperial

@[Kuma]

Kuma

The soft brush of his nose beneath her cheek lifting her tired eyes makes her feel comforted. Her emerald eyes meet his piercing blue gaze and she melts into his embrace. 

His warnings are stern but not without reason. Although they have relocated further into the cliffs the risk of the foals' curiosity drifting them further away from the safety of the cove isn't unlikely. She simply nods her crimson head, short mane bouncing against her neck. 

"Deiti. A beautiful name, my love...I agree. There is too much danger with Gryffen-" She stops abruptly. The name sends a shiver down her spine. Those red eyes emerging from the darkness to torture her come back to her mind. The burning of the wolf's breath causes her to wince. Her heart races and she begins to cry into Imperial's dark coat, body shaking. 

It takes almost fifteen minutes before she regains composure. She does not speak though, she simply stands, letting her companion carry her weigh (she is afraid she may fall if she tries to stand on her own). 

"Should we go somewhere else...?" She asks, staring at the wall of the cave, body still huddled against Imperial's. Was it wrong of her to want to run away? To somewhere Gryffen wouldn't be able to haunt her again? 

Her thoughts are interrupted by a sleepy voice from the shadows. "Mama...?" Embark murmurs. "Mama I'm hungry." She whines. Kuma lifts herself from her lover's side and walks over, herself beginning to feel exhausted. Embark begins to suckle, and the flower child looks up to the dark stallion. "I just want them to be safe. If something happened to them...I don't know if I could bare it." She nuzzles her daughters soft tufts of cream mane. She'd do anything to keep her safe...

@[Imperial]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

At the mention of his name.  Immediately he regrets his choice of words.  They stir memories in her mind that only she can know.  But when she trembles and falls into him, he stands solid.  Enduring the extra weight as a mere sliver of what he owed to the speckled mare.  Allowing her to let her pain out in bursts of tears.  

He does what he can to comfort her.  A brush of her cheek or pressing of his lips to her marked forehead.  And when she regains her strength she questions him.  He isn't sure of her meaning so he clarifies, "To a different part of Loess or someplace completely new?" He pauses for her answers then follows it with his answer, "Whatever you feel safest with.  I will follow." A comforting smile finds his lips as tiny hooves are heard approaching.  Embark calls onto her mother and without hesitation Kuma answers.  He watches the sweet interaction of mother and daughter.  Allowing them space as he listens to her intently.  "Where would you feel safest Kuma?"

Imperial

@[Kuma]