• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep me up all night [Any Army]
    Starlin
    The grullo filly grazes atop the granite cliffs, picking through the rough seagrass in search of a more tender meal. The discovery of a patch of clover has her whuffling contentedly, at least until the sound of a disembodied voice reaches her ears. She raises her head quickly, a purple flower still dangling from her lips. No, not disembodied, but from farther down the cliff.

She recognizes Ardashir, but is not sure who he’s talking to. There doesn’t seem to be anyone nearby except Starlin herself. Was he talking to her? The lanky filly decides that he must be, and so she leaves her meal to approach. The heavy scars that she had seen on him at the kingdom meeting seem to be healing – probably the saltwater. It does good for wounds and scratches. Mother always has Starlin go soak after they spar, and while the water stings, she has also never suffered from an unwanted infection.

Ardashir asks about seeking help elsewhere, and Starlin tilts her head curiously. Queen Nayl had told them that @[City] would be organizing their training, and Starlin has waited patiently for the day that she would be called. In the meantime, she has passed her days sparring with mother, or racing along the beach to build up her endurance. She practices her bucks and rears while chest deep in the ocean, resistance training that strengthens her young muscles. She means to go and seek out the war leader of Hyaline soon, but there are ways to practice without a teacher.

Perhaps the white colt just doesn’t know what they are.

“I could mock with you,” she offers, “Or we could go find City, and ask her what to do.”
    grit & grace.

Messages In This Thread
    Keep me up all night [Any Army] - by Ardashir - 11-26-2017, 09:44 PM
    RE: Keep me up all night [Any Army] - by Starlin - 11-30-2017, 07:58 AM
    RE: Keep me up all night [Any Army] - by Ardashir - 12-04-2017, 03:44 AM