• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ARMY/any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The trees give way to open space, and he feels the loamy jungle-edge soil giving way to true sand beneath his hooves. They need space to train fighters, so he takes himself to the open of the beach at low tide, when there is hard-packed sand for a large expanse where there was water (and will be water again). He glances back at the trees, amber eyes considering. Someday, they will work on close-quarters fighting amongst the trees and birds, but for now, he needs space. Space to watch, space to evaluate.

Space to breath? He isn’t sure. He likes the jungle well enough, but he feels more at home on the beach.

Brennen calls out, looking for who will join him, and then he waits. For all appearances, patient. Even bored. And he is patient – but bored? Rarely. If his body is not active, you can place bets his mind is working on something. Professional, personal, existential. Something.
    Perhaps he has greater ambitions, but this role fits like a well-worn pair of blue jeans. He has been a warrior, a general, a leader of fighting men, for longer than most of those who have joined him here to make Ischia their home have been alive. He is not even a stranger to teaching mares, despite being a Tundra man for all of those long years, for he has run many inter-Kingdom training exercises, not to mention coaching his own female descendants along as well.

When at least one of them have joined him, and there is no one immediately visible on their way, the bay stallion speaks. “I’m Brennen,” he says for the benefit of any he has not met, or anyone who might have forgotten. “I’d like to get a feel for who we have on the Island who is a warrior, or wants to be. Or even who just wants to learn a little bit.” His gaze skips over their faces, bodies, obvious traits and features. “It is likely we will move into mock battles from this meeting. We all need the practice, and the experience.” It has been too quiet in Beqanna, and so he is not the only one who must be rusty – and others might be totally green to real fighting.

“To pair us off most efficiently, rank yourself – novice, intermediate, expert.” He doesn’t ask for details – he is as interested in who is overconfident, too modest, or honest, which he will know when he compares their self-assessment with the reality he will see.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    She doesn’t consider herself a warrior, nor does she think she will be in the near future, but it doesn’t stop her from approaching the winged bay when he calls the army together. It would be time for her to actually mingle with the newcomers and get to know them. Perhaps this army meeting wasn’t the best time and place, but it would give Kylin an opportunity to watch the others. And maybe learn a little trick herself.

Her attention is focussed on Brennen as he speaks. He doesn’t use more words than needed and gets directly to the point. Kylin likes that, as there is no need to wonder about why he called. She could only hope that he was always like that, so she would always know what she could expect. And he sounds like he knows what he is talking about, something the lavender and white girl cannot say for herself.

”I..I’m Kylin..” she answers, fidgeting a little as attention is turned to her. She had not met many of them, even avoided them at one point, and she’s definitely not used to be in the center of attention. ”I’m not a warrior” she continues, pausing and pulling her fins against her sides tightly. ”But.. but I want to be able to defend myself, if the need would ever arise” she finishes, nodding to herself as if she was trying to convince herself of her own words. ”No experience..” She admits flustered.