• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older.

The violet female is alone, literally and figuratively, and the notion seems comfortable to her. It is very clear to Jah-Lilah that although @[Kylin] was a bit lost, and quite nervous, she was home. The island seemed to open up and welcome the little thing into it, and this makes my mare smile. Visible relaxation comes over the youth, and this puts Jah at ease. She is glad that she can bring some center and balance to the apparently lost and struggling mare.

They exchange a few apologies and curtsies for etiquette and show, and soon Kylin gets to the point. She, like nearly all others who have sought Jah-Lilah out during the final moments of her pregnancy, is wondering about Wolf-of-the-Water. Jah can't blame them. In the short amount of time she had with the evergreen mare, they had been inseparable. At first she had believed the mare to be a part of her, but then she saw Circinae's true purpose. Some come into your life for a reason, some come into your life for a season. Circy had only been meant to lead Jah-Lilah to her truelove, Canaan. With a gentle sigh my firefly smiles, weary of the endless questioning. Nosing at the pied filly, she motions for her to follow to the beach, where they could talk.

Grunting as she picks the easiest way down to the water, she waits when her hooves hit soft, damp sand. When Kylin has joined by her side, she finally collects her thoughts and answers, choosing each word carefully. "I don't know if I will give you answers or more questions, but I will be honest, and I will do my best to help, Grows-in-Silence." Plucking a palm leaf from the ground near her hooves, she chews slowly. "My Wolf...she was restless. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with restless. Goddess knows that my soul-mate, Wind, is the king of the vagabonds. He rides the wind, always changing, always fluid, but even he could be satiated. The emerald mare you seek could not..."

"Even with two lovers and three children, it wasn't enough. She needed the whole wide world to quench her thirst. Her departure is random and sudden, but I believe she just no longer wanted to be contained. You must carry on protecting your island in her absence. She won't be back."Your island does need you, little one. You have been the one constant throughout all the change in rulers, and you know this place better than anyone. Perhaps you should seek the new leader. I haven't met her yet, but I've seen her. The new caretaker seems to love and value this place as much as you, and to be honest a strange presence still lingers here. There are those who want to take this paradise and teach it to hate. You can't let that go down."
    Eyeing the girl sideways, she purses her lips and makes a bold suggestion. "Perhaps you should leave and find a mate who lacks the erm, purple pigment you all seem to like so much. The variety may do you good." Returning her gaze to the horizon, she swallows her food and shifts her weight, feet aching.

All this time I've been finding myself and I didn't know I was lost.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah - by Jah-Lilah - 01-03-2018, 05:55 PM