• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone]
    olid;" cellspacing=10 cellpadding=15 width=500>

-- Insignificance – all awkward angles and mousey brown skin. With the indecision of a wanderer in her eye; a faint glimmer under a blanket of indifference. If only she knew – what wicked web faith has spun for her today. Then perhaps those walls of carefully constructed stoicism would snap like a twig. The consequences of being her, alas.

The bustle of the waking river has passed me by completely. I see nothing, hear nothing except the words of my peculiar companion – the sensation of amity a warm rivulet of hope coursing through my veins and something awakens inside of me. Something that has been slumbering for far too long. I close my eyes briefly – and there´s a flash of memory so fleeting I barely register it. A name, no a face. A friend.
    I open them again in frustration and she smiles: earnest and light and I cannot help but laugh at her words – it´s an unfamiliar sound, that laughter of mine - feral and wild and strangely beautiful. ”Sunbathing? As long as we keep out of the mud I am content”

I curiously watch the mottled mare as she gradually turns from deer caught in the headlights to something else. She may not look like much - but there is a spark of conviction in her eye that tells another story. A small glimmer ignited by something unknown - and there it remains, a fire shining more brightly than a thousand suns. It inspires something in me, there is something eerily familiar with this girl – something that begs me to unravel her mysteries.  

”Sig” I echo – tasting the name - ”I think I quite like that name”

walk with me – tell me of your story

A remnant of silver lingers on my back, daybreak steadily taunting my eyes and clinging to the ashy, unkempt roughness in my mane as we walk – side by side – two sad figures leaving mud and riverbed behind for greater adventures. My hooves travel without apology over the soil that gradually changes underfoot. I know this, have enough traction and felt too many fields to know when the Land changes from barren and unruly to inhabitable. I catch a gust of zephyr and I am not unfamiliar with the secrets it bears to its breast; I have readiness and the cunning mind of experience—these being my only tools of trade, and I know well the secrets this land holds. (or used to know)

”I don´t really know if I have a story anymore. I think, no I´m sure that I used to live here. It´s just so…frustratingly different and I cannot seem to figure out how it all fits together. I remember having a home, and friends but I cannot seem to remember their names. And I have no reasonable explanation as to why I left or why I´m even back here”

I pause just barely enough to catch my breath after the flurry of words that escapes my lips like a caged bird tasting its first days of freedom.

”I suppose you could say my life has been altogether uneventful since then”

I shrug – a sad, pointless gesture.

”But what of you? Are you from here?”

Maybe, just maybe – she can help me remember. 

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for."

insignificance

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Unbound, unkempt, uncertain [Anyone] - by Insignificance - 12-01-2017, 05:31 PM