• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

push me deep in the river, and drown a part of me forever; any
    That’s just it - Keeper has become a beast since she last met the blue stallion in the cave underneath the moonlight. Oh to be sure she is not a beastly sort! But now that she can shift her shape into that of a bear, she must answer to the bear’s needs and nature as much as her own equine one. So at times she is no less savage and daring than a bear ought to be but it is rare that those traits carry back over into her horseflesh.

Balto had warned her though, that he had a most unforgiving companion who might not tolerate her trespass so close to their shared cavern. She heeded his warning that night and that night alone though all the times she’d crept close afterwards in hopes of catching a glimpse of the blue roan, she’d been careful to not poke about any further than the scant clearing before the cave-mouth. Usually she hung back in the trees or lumbered about in her bear form and none was the wiser.

(Never had she glimpsed his elusive companion either.)

There is an acknowledging snort that he gives her that lets her know she has indeed found a flesh-and-blood individual this evening and not a ghost. Now their eyes meet and both seem to be equally curious about the other but the smile he gives her is anything but nice. It causes unease to settle in the pit of her stomach but she manages to smile meekly back at him.

His question catches her off guard - the smile falters momentarily before a chuckle leaves her mouth. “It doesn’t seem to grow just anywhere.” She begins by way of explanation. “Magic is all around us - in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the grass we eat, and the very ground we walk on. It seems to find us more than we find it unless you go on a quest.”

Keeper realized her explanation probably wasn’t satisfactory enough but it was a start.

ooc: I know this is going to screw up our characters’ timelines but I don’t mind lol, faulkor is amazing! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: push me deep in the river, and drown a part of me forever; any - by keeper - 01-18-2018, 08:26 PM