• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; solace

S O L A C E

He pulls her close in the way father pulled mother close. He pulls her close the way she had seen young lovers in Tephra hold each other before she had looked away... but maybe she is reading into things. 

Then, there is her question followed by painful, heart-wrenching silence. It is probably only seconds, only a single breath, but her pulse thrums relentlessly in her ears during that pause.  Had she said too much?  Would it scare him away if he found out she felt more for him than she should feel for a friend? Did she even want him to know that? This is why she never allowed herself to get caught up in the moment.

You're stuck with me

Her exhale explodes from her lungs as relief washes over her, warm and tangible. His voice is low and close, heating her skin wherever his breath touches. She could nearly kiss him. 

"Are you sure?" she replies, bridling the excitement she feels to match his low tone. "I thought you were going to make me beg you." 

What was meant to be a playful nip on his chest lingers for a moment too long before she again leans into him, staying close and enjoying the feeling his neck draped over her is creating. She had imagined their reunion several times, but the young mare hadn't imagined it to go quite like this. Even though it is different, she is not disappointed. In the back of her mind something tells her to slow down, to turn the conversation to his family or tell him about all that has happened in Hyaline, but she pushes that away for now.  What she had been afraid to experiment with by the river with Castile, she tastes with hesitation with Smoak. But as soon as she decides that what she is feeling is ok the words suddenly are harder to find. "Do you want to go to the very top of the mountain... or should we stay here? Oh, you haven't told me about your journey!"

You're stuck with me.
    His words repeat in her mind, and she hopes he means it.

caretaker of hyaline

@[Smoak]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; solace - by Smoak - 12-02-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; solace - by Smoak - 12-04-2017, 07:38 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; solace - by Smoak - 12-07-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; solace - by Smoak - 12-12-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; solace - by Smoak - 12-30-2017, 12:05 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; solace - by Solace - 01-01-2018, 08:34 PM